• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ive found out for Persistent Encroachment on to pitch. It was on BBC sport Results.
He must of been so excited when Barry scored I recon,you done well today Mr Brown.:happy:

thstg not what Brown said, see the post match thread where there is lots on is

You don't get sent off for persistant encroachment.

According to the wholly unbiased Radio Oxford (!) he had a few words with a yokel who'd been abusing him all game. I gather PB decided to give him some back when we scored.

According to the wholly unbiased Radio Oxford (!) he had a few words with a yokel who'd been abusing him all game. I gather PB decided to give him some back when we scored.
Yes that's exactly what happened, I was in that stand.

Difficult for Brown or Penney to call for more discipline from the players when they have both been dismissed for lack of discipline this season. I guess Brown will not be in the dug out at Fratton Park

I feel a bit for PB, when he gets abuse from the terraces, but the minute he gives it back he is in trouble, o well that's how it works I suppose.

Showed a bit of passion- fine by me. Not like he's a persistent offender.

Having watched the FL show this morning Mr Brown clearly says he was being abused by one of their supporters and others here have said the same. Now I know two wrongs don't make a right but I certainly know if someone stood there and shouting abuse at me I for one would certainly not stand there and say nothing. When did it become right to shout or hurl abuse at someone and them not having the right to stand up for themselves?

A manager could easily get "sent to the stands" for persistent encroachment; in fact it's really the only sanction available to a referee to deal with a manager who fails to heed a suitable number of warnings.

However that does not appear to have been the case here.

Mail on Sunday says "Phil Brown was sent to the stands when Gary Deegan was sent off". Blimey how long was he protesting? 53 minutes.........?

Having watched the FL show this morning Mr Brown clearly says he was being abused by one of their supporters and others here have said the same. Now I know two wrongs don't make a right but I certainly know if someone stood there and shouting abuse at me I for one would certainly not stand there and say nothing. When did it become right to shout or hurl abuse at someone and them not having the right to stand up for themselves?

You have have to be above this if you are a professional. Fans (they pay) have the right and it's what watching live football is all about. All of the teams staff have to take the good and bad as long as it is not racist.

You have have to be above this if you are a professional. Fans (they pay) have the right and it's what watching live football is all about. All of the teams staff have to take the good and bad as long as it is not racist.

From a Yokel in yellow, says who, some idiot who dishes it out but cant take it. If you can be bothered look at the post match tread about page 7 and wise up to what is happening at Oxford. Same thing as the Luton box brigade.

I've never got this "they pay their money, it's their right too shout abuse". It's never anyone's right to shout abuse and no one should ever have to accept it as part of the job. Banter is one thing, but abuse is quite another.

I've never got this "they pay their money, it's their right too shout abuse". It's never anyone's right to shout abuse and no one should ever have to accept it as part of the job. Banter is one thing, but abuse is quite another.

Depends what you term as abuse, all pro's should able to take and ignore it. Cantona should have been banned for life
when he lost it.

Brown gets sent to sit in the same stand as the person who was giving him grief - just seems a bit odd to me

Back