• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

davew

Coach
Why so many negative reply's etc. The season so far has not been bad just need our home form to improve and some luck of course.

Hope can hang on to Bentley, would not blame him if he went to a bigger club.

Why so many negative reply's etc. The season so far has not been bad just need our home form to improve and some luck of course.

90% of the supporters do not go to most away games, 80% of the supporters go to few away games, 70% of the supporters go to virtually no away games.

The fare on offer at home has, by and large, fluctuated between average and dire.

90% of the supporters do not go to most away games, 80% of the supporters go to few away games, 70% of the supporters go to virtually no away games.

The fare on offer at home has, by and large, fluctuated between average and dire.

As a STH who this season has only attended home games , I fully agree !

What some people see as negativity is seen by others as reality. Yes we are in a fairy good position and yes finally PB has brought in a couple of forwards and that has coincided with goals being scored. The downside is how long it took the manager to make the changes that were blatantly obvious to everyone. Also, we had brought in some players of our own that seemed substandard and are now being shipped out, replaced by loanees that may or may not be with us next term. Going up is great but its also best to do it with a developing side that could compete in the next division. If we do go up we will have to have a major overhaul.

Pb always seems slow to react to the challenge and if we have to start all over again, albeit after promotion, it will potentially make us falter or stutter again.

Sorry to have my own opinion but I feel we should have gone up last term but the long sequence without winning or suitable change put paid to that. We have a good squad but I strongly feel it could be managed better. Is that negative? I don't think so. Its an opinion. For now, as always, I will be content to see us keep winning.

Pompey were 1-0 up and lost 2-1 and I didn't notice any boos at the final whistle from the Pompey fans yesterday (a couple when they took their best striker of, mind). Our players get booed at home when we draw 0-0....#justsaying :unsure:

Pompey were 1-0 up and lost 2-1 and I didn't notice any boos at the final whistle from the Pompey fans yesterday (a couple when they took their best striker of, mind). Our players get booed at home when we draw 0-0....#justsaying :unsure:

You must of missed them then, as they were quite loud[video=youtube_share;ggLJfdoh2SA]http://youtu.be/ggLJfdoh2SA[/video]

Yesterday was my first away game this season, and it was far better than anything I have seen at home since August! Until we play like we did yesterday, and at Cambridge and Oxford (I have a friend who is a Cambridge fan and she said we were way better than them, and I heard the Oxford game on the radio) in our home games we will continue to attract negativity and boos. Everyone is entitled to their opinion of course, but I feel pretty strongly that getting on the players backs when it isn't going so well is really unhelpful. I would like the boo merchants to zip it at the games, and rant on here instead!

It's would help, if the fans at Root Hall stop booing everyone on & off the pitch. A positive atmosphere at Root Hall would help massively for the players to express themselves. Even they make mistake or miss the chances, a shout of "come on, keep your chin up and keep trying" could help them more.

It's would help, if the fans at Root Hall stop booing everyone on & off the pitch. A positive atmosphere at Root Hall would help massively for the players to express themselves. Even they make mistake or miss the chances, a shout of "come on, keep your chin up and keep trying" could help them more.

What he said!!

I feel that if we play the same formation at home that we have done in the last 2 away games we will start to see some positive results. Two up front is looking good for us.

You must of missed them then, as they were quite loud[video=youtube_share;ggLJfdoh2SA]http://youtu.be/ggLJfdoh2SA[/video]

My bad (that's what the youngsters stay, isn't it). Perhaps it was too loud in our end :winking:

Well, I am happy at the moment. If only we could get our home form better then we will be laughing all the way to League 1. Three points next week will be just the thing to raise the spirits. Also, well done to all those fans who went to Saturday's game - tremendous support. Keep the faith...............nothing negative from me. Come on you blues! :smile:

Very rarely here any really negative comments at away games but no matter where I sit in the south upper at home games there's always a few miserable ***** moaning from the first minute !!!! Wycombe away was the exception this season.

Very rarely here any really negative comments at away games but no matter where I sit in the south upper at home games there's always a few miserable ***** moaning from the first minute !!!! Wycombe away was the exception this season.
We moaned at the Luton match because of the dross, now is that positive or negative?

Our home support is awful. No atmosphere and so much negativity. Away support excellent. Wont get much moaning at away games as its the die hard true supporters that love the club even if they are in non league

Back