• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

there's only one 'F' in Freddy, there's only one 'F' in Freddy, one f'in Freddy....

In the old north bank days , a policeman on his own stood in the crowd and some lads were putting newspapers around him on the floor and then set light to it. Boom. Cue chorus of ' policeman burning ,policeman burning ,policeman burning':dim:

What we gonna do with the drunken grandad,
what we gonna do with drunken grandad,
what we gonna do with the drunken grandad, early in the morning.
Stab stab stab the *******,
stab stab stab the *******,
stab stab stab the ******* early in the morning.

Sung to an old fella in the west side who was moaning off. The guy with the bagpipes led the merry ditty. 70's I reckon.
Anyone else remember this or who the bagpipe player was?

Oh Stanley, Stanley
Stanley, Stanley
Stanley Collymore

still gives me goose bumps.

Not strictly the Hall, but I particularly remember Cambridge away, when he had possibly his worst match for us. The Cambridge fans started giving him a bit of stick after he made a mistake (he was mortal - after 32 matches who knew?) and I swear the Southend faithful responded as one with a chorus of Oh Stanley, Stanley. He didn't get any more stick after that.

Was that the game where we wound up their winger about his wife and he bit like an old cod and was responding to our supporters and missed a pass to him because he had lost it and was more interested in confronting us?

At Swindon in the FA Cup the year after Don Rogers goal won the league cup - (to the tune of the Kinks song "The death of a clown"

Poor Donny Rogers lies dead on the floor- kicked in the bollocks by Sir Gary Moore

At Swindon in the FA Cup the year after Don Rogers goal won the league cup - (to the tune of the Kinks song "The death of a clown"

Poor Donny Rogers lies dead on the floor- kicked in the bollocks by Sir Gary Moore
Spoke to Gary when he came back to Roots Hall for the Luton Town cup-tie in 2008(with Billy Best) and he remembered the chant but said Rogers was that quick he never got close enough to him. "GREAT MEMORIES"

New Years Day 1994 Southend v Birmingham , the whole ground singing , Karen Brady is a W***e , Karen Brady is a W***e .:happy::happy::happy:

sung at Gants Hill - Away trip up north.

A dozen or so Arsenal Fans at the traffic lights being chased by Southend fans.
" We had joy, we had fun
We had Arsenal on the run
But the fun did not last as the Bastar** were too fast"

to the tune of Season in the sun - Don Mclean

Back to late Sixties:cricko:

We don't want your Open market
We don't want excuses any more
Bout the fans that never cheer
And the fans that are never here
All we want is Southend United to score

Cc51das also had one about Gary Hooper to the tune of Super Trooper by Abba.
the daft sod used to bring song sheets for the ones he made up that week.
I know he has not been on here recently and has been rather unwell but I am missing the stupid bugger.

is that your weel name.....

early 70s,away at Brentford, when Southend fans swore,they were thrown out..so we sang..he is here,he is there,we are not allowed to swear, BILLY BEST,BILLY BEST...or when a new,young policeman walked by the North bank(pak)..they always got that song ...baby face,you have got the cutest little baby face......they always seemed to walk a little faster past the "pak".

I remember coming down the road and seeing Ginge with his shirt and back slashed to ****. He was still refusing to get in the ambulance. Has to be my worst experience at football. Don't hate many, but Col u are on the list for that one.

what really hapened that day to Ginger??was not at that game(abroard),only heard a few different things..one being, the c&&t who done this was never caught?Have been to Colchester ,maybe 8 times ,watching us play,never worried,we took the place over!!!

what really hapened that day to Ginger??was not at that game(abroard),only heard a few different things..one being, the c&&t who done this was never caught?Have been to Colchester ,maybe 8 times ,watching us play,never worried,we took the place over!!!

Will pm you.

sung at Gants Hill - Away trip up north.

A dozen or so Arsenal Fans at the traffic lights being chased by Southend fans.
" We had joy, we had fun
We had Arsenal on the run
But the fun did not last as the Bastar** were too fast"

to the tune of Season in the sun - Don Mclean

Sorry to be pedantic but it was a Terry Jacks song. Im sure it often involved 'we had Watford on the run' in the 70s

Sorry to be pedantic but it was a Terry Jacks song. Im sure it often involved 'we had Watford on the run' in the 70s

You are right, it was Terry Jacks song. But it was sung about a lot of clubs supporters. Normally the last ones the North Bank had trouble with.

Another 70s hit to the tune of tip toe through the tulips....
tip toe through the North Bank
with yer boots on, get your head kicked in
come tip toe through the North bank with me

What about the old one. 'Derek Spence is an international !'
He shoots he scores and then the crowd applauds David Crown
or Paul Clark with Clarkies Gonna Get You

We should regenerate these old classics to honour todays "heroes" .....

Adam Thompson's an International :kev:
He shoots he scores and then the crowd applause Jack Payne , Jack Payne :guitar:

Deegans gonna get you ! :violin:

Or to the tune of the old Des Walker chant :

You'll Neeeever beat Dan Bentley :drummer:

Back