• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The pre-match coverage was poor.

5 minutes is a bit of a joke, but it's because they have to ramble on about Chelsea v Liverpool.

Why not kick-off at 7:00pm last night and have a 30 minutes lead-in.

Not bothered about the presenter, but they didn't even bother having a studio pundit and just wheeled Gary Birtles from the gantry. A pitchside reporter might have been nice, too.

I'm guessing Aynsworth didn't get asked, but he would have been perfect to comment on the match.

All in all : Shoestring comes to mind!

She's a Brentford fan

I stand corrected, knew it was a championship London club.

No she is not she is a Brentford fan and there was nothing wrong with last nights coverage - it was hardly Madrid v Barca was it - get over yourselves.

No it wasn't but Madrid v Barca get at least an hours pre match coverage, we get 5 minutes before kick off and then our captain giving the opposite teams player the MOM champagne. You sir obviously have low standards.

The pre-match coverage was poor.

5 minutes is a bit of a joke, but it's because they have to ramble on about Chelsea v Liverpool.

Why not kick-off at 7:00pm last night and have a 30 minutes lead-in.

Not bothered about the presenter, but they didn't even bother having a studio pundit and just wheeled Gary Birtles from the gantry. A pitchside reporter might have been nice, too.

I'm guessing Aynsworth didn't get asked, but he would have been perfect to comment on the match.

All in all : Shoestring comes to mind!

All that moaning about match analysis from Garry Birtles and wondering why Gareth Ainsworth didn't get asked and you end up suggesting Trevor Bloody Eve.

I stand corrected, knew it was a championship London club.

No it wasn't but Madrid v Barca get at least an hours pre match coverage, we get 5 minutes before kick off and then our captain giving the opposite teams player the MOM champagne. You sir obviously have low standards.

I'm more than happy to have the opportunity to see my club live on the box. Couldn't give a toss who presents the coverage or presents the booze.
It's called supply and demand and being that nearly everyone who doesn't support either Stevenage or ourselves wouldn't have watching, I think we can be thankful that Sky bother showing the games at all.
And by the way, I don't have low standards, I have NO standards !

I'm more than happy to have the opportunity to see my club live on the box. Couldn't give a toss who presents the coverage or presents the booze.
It's called supply and demand and being that nearly everyone who doesn't support either Stevenage or ourselves wouldn't have watching, I think we can be thankful that Sky bother showing the games at all.
And by the way, I don't have low standards, I have NO standards !

Fair enough, I just enjoy a bit of a build up to a game. And like I said in my original post I'm just shocked that as they sponsor the football league they don't put more effort in. It would be interesting to see how much pre match coverage the other leagues got?

All that moaning about match analysis from Garry Birtles and wondering why Gareth Ainsworth didn't get asked and you end up suggesting Trevor Bloody Eve.

Well played sir. There was a good joke about Shoestring in a recent episode of (the generally disappointing) W1A that probably went over the head of 90% of the viewers.

Couldn't care less about the build up/post-match analysis, but what did grind was the requirement for a Southend player to present the Stevenage goalscorer with a bottle of bubbly. Ridiculous scenario given the magnitude of the game, and the fact we are only at half time...

We've also been stuck on Sky Sports 5 for the return leg, with all the foreign rubbish!:smile:

Have to wonder who thought the side by side interview was going to be a good idea especially with the tense nature of the game. The only reason I could possibly imagine is to try and add a reconcillatory nature to the post match feedback, especially considering the injuries to Timlin and Dembele. I still think though it was bloody awkward at best.

Purely a time saving move. Pretty rubbish.

They wouldnt have asked Patrick Viera and Roy Keane to share .

Indeed.

I don't think they'll be trying it after the second leg.

Especially if it ends after a shoot out!

Ainsworth was there, watching the game in the Southend end!
Did'nt get that impression from the quick shot of him on TV, but, if he was I hope he got hassled. Just enough to stop him doing his job.....................Agree with with everyone else about White and Parrett. They both should have refused to do the interview. Sky are morons anyway !!!

Back