• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

My daughter was born on the day that we beat Darlington at home 1-0 in Division 3. I'll leave it to you to work out when that was!

On the 27th January 1994 i popped out, 10 years later on my 10th birthday I was mascot at home vs York, Tuesday night, negative temperatures and a great 0-0 draw.

practically sums up my existence so far

Which is also, quite randomly, the only game my wife has ever attended in her life. If I'd wanted to make her a lifelong convert, I'm really not sure that freezing night and 0-0 draw was my greatest work!

:smile:

That York game is infamous in my memory as the most boring match I've ever watched. There were no chances created throughout the entire game. According to the BBC match report (yes, I was sad enough to track it down!), York hit the woodwork twice in the first half (:stunned:) but the final sentence - "Southend had more possession after the interval, although opportunities were few and far between for both sides" - suggests I'm on the right lines.

What I also remember is that I was off work and visiting my mum in Northampton so I had a fair old drive back...

Anyway, my real contribution is the Man U game: my other half decided to move to the UK that evening! Admittedly I thought we were going absolutely hammered, especially considering our dire form at that time, and especially when I learned that Ronaldo and Rooney were playing, so I didn't think it would be the momentous occasion it turned out to be but as I sat in the lounge at Heathrow I simply couldn't believe what I was watching!

I don't regret not going, though, as I still got to see the game - even that wouldn't have happened had her flight been on time - and the sight of the sheer bemusement on other people's faces after I celebrated like a lunatic following Eastwood's goal and then even more so after the final whistle was priceless.

Funnily enough I also missed our 3-0 win over Col Ewe a few months earlier as I was away visiting her in her native Israel (as you can probably tell we were doing the long-distance thing having met the previous summer). The profile pic is me celebrating directly after that result was confirmed. I look a bit older than that now. :smile:

Back