• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I've just applied for the Col U job.
I told Mr Cowling that I have no managerial experience. I told him that I am willing to try all formations, 442, 4411, 235, and a few of my own, 55, 22222 and even 631 to stop conceding. I will get the best out of the players by using quotes from the great old films like Spartacus and Ben Hur. Any player that has tired legs or a bruise can have the week off. After training, it's all up the pub, like the good old days. Any player that has a hot wife, or bit of totty, has to share them with the ugly players who can't get one.
Mr Cowling was very impressed with my fresh approach to man management, so I am expecting to get the call. Well, the way I see it, I can't do any worse.

I've just applied for the Col U job.
I told Mr Cowling that I have no managerial experience. I told him that I am willing to try all formations, 442, 4411, 235, and a few of my own, 55, 22222 and even 631 to stop conceding. I will get the best out of the players by using quotes from the great old films like Spartacus and Ben Hur. Any player that has tired legs or a bruise can have the week off. After training, it's all up the pub, like the good old days. Any player that has a hot wife, or bit of totty, has to share them with the ugly players who can't get one.

Mr Cowling was very impressed with my fresh approach to man management, so I am expecting to get the call. Well, the way I see it, I can't do any worse.

Just think on this TSNB, you would be hated and ridiculed by mrsblue if you took the Colchester shilling. Is it really worth the pain?

I reckon the job will be given to one of their legendary ex-players that have graced the beautiful game with passion and skill in previous years. Then again, I can't think of one !! Oh well...never mind ! :winking:

Sounds like from Cowling's quotes earlier that he will be looking to promote internally rather than get someone in from outside. That sounds good to me!

That's sad poor bloke was doing a fine job with what he had to work with .He had the right idear keep them at the bottom until the last game of the season then bam the great escape .:hilarious::hilarious:

I won't say anymore on this it is your forum after all, perhaps this should be moved to the General football area of the forum.

Stick about mate...it's great to hear these type of stories. Another inside job on the way hopefully to complete the job Humes started...:Worthy:

Well, losing 5-1, I'd probably shoot the manager...

I really don't know any more how this is going to pan out, we seem in free fall at present Cowling is convinced long term he has the right approach, however the fans disagree. Do you folks just want us to gift you the points to save you all a journey!

I really don't know any more how this is going to pan out, we seem in free fall at present Cowling is convinced long term he has the right approach, however the fans disagree. Do you folks just want us to gift you the points to save you all a journey!

That's basically what he said on BBC Essex after the match.

This isn't a dig, or a "I told you so" moment, more an observation how we are all prepared to defend our own clubs to the death. When Cowling first said he was going to start putting in less money and develop the youth, I (and I suspect others) on here said that would lead to you lot struggling because you don't get the crowds to sustain your current position.

This was argued against by the Col Ewe fans that frequent this board, but it seems that we were right.

As I said, this isn't an "I told you so" post. It is more to point out how we are all (and let's face it, we would defend SUFC if the shoe were on the other foot) sometimes "blinded" by our own club where outsiders often see things from a more dispassionate point of view...

Anyone else hear the interview with Cowling on BBC Essex after the match? My God, it actually had me feeling a little bit sorry for Colchester fans! What an arrogant man - basically what I say goes, I'm appointing internally regardless of what anyone else thinks.

Anyone else hear the interview with Cowling on BBC Essex after the match? My God, it actually had me feeling a little bit sorry for Colchester fans! What an arrogant man - basically what I say goes, I'm appointing internally regardless of what anyone else thinks.

Powertrip! Lots of good people have been forced out over the years players and staff.

That's basically what he said on BBC Essex after the match.

This isn't a dig, or a "I told you so" moment, more an observation how we are all prepared to defend our own clubs to the death. When Cowling first said he was going to start putting in less money and develop the youth, I (and I suspect others) on here said that would lead to you lot struggling because you don't get the crowds to sustain your current position.

This was argued against by the Col Ewe fans that frequent this board, but it seems that we were right.

As I said, this isn't an "I told you so" post. It is more to point out how we are all (and let's face it, we would defend SUFC if the shoe were on the other foot) sometimes "blinded" by our own club where outsiders often see things from a more dispassionate point of view...

Very true, we shall see it is grim at present, maybe things will be a little clearer by the end of this week.

Speaking as an exile in Gloucester, that'd be lovely, ta! :raspberry: Does sound like a complete bellend though so have some Christmas condolences from us. We've all had our issues with Ron, but at least he's not this idjit.

Does all of this remind you of the Jonathan Crisp era C & P ? From memory that only ended when Crisp's non-football empire began to crumble. He wouldn't see sense over the members scheme, and kept making ludicrous appointments like Roger Brown. This guy won't drop his obsession with 'yoof'.

Cowling must be the only person associated with CUFC that can't see that the club is crying out for new blood. A fresh pair of eyes, no favourites and a new long list of contacts.

Back