• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The :COL U: game is a MUST attend match for all Southend fans to ensure that we have a sell out and prove beyond all doubt that there really is only ONE team in Essex. So come on everybody, get your tickets and lets make RH rock.

On the basis of last nights Colchester home league game.... wait for it....

An Attendance of a whopping 2,493 (including away fans) !!!... :hilarious:

I dont think we have to worry much about the North bank out singing the Blue Voice, or them selling many more additional tickets. :smile:

I think it's realistic - we are in the drop zone and need to work on plan to get out of it - in fairness to Keen we sacked previous manager too late so he's picking up the pieces - in fairness we have been playing quite well but not getting the results - you could argue that's because we are lacking in either fitness, concentration, quality or a combination at times of all three. As you'd have seen for yourselves our play against you lot on Boxing Day was generally good and had we drawn or even won it wouldn't have been totally against the run of play - similar against Sheffield Utd on Sat - battered them in second half and looked more likely to score a winner but ended up losing in injury time.

I still think we'll get out of trouble - we have money to strengthen squad and have a good enough squad - tomorrow against Fleetwood has become a must-win in my opinion - lost and I think we'll massively struggle - win and the momentum will pick up and I can see us going on a run winning maybe 4 or 5 games out of 6 (hopefully including revenge at Roots Hall!)

that didn't go to plan then.

On the basis of last nights Colchester home league game.... wait for it....

An Attendance of a whopping 2,493 (including away fans) !!!... :hilarious:

I dont think we have to worry much about the North bank out singing the Blue Voice, or them selling many more additional tickets. :smile:

2,493 how can Colchester claim to be running solvent on them figures

Joke of a club

Poor crowd and no arguements but getting a lesson on football club solvency from Southend is a bit rich!?!
If we get given a ground-like Colchester-with our fantastic support,we would soon be VERY rich-unlike Colchester , with their neglible support.

2,493 how can Colchester claim to be running solvent on them figures

Assume Fleetwood didn't bring many down with them (can't find an exact number on line), but it would seem that the number of home fans was probably similar to the number we took there on Boxing Day (possibly less given the reports re: Southend fans in the home end)!

Assume Fleetwood didn't bring many down with them (can't find an exact number on line), but it would seem that the number of home fans was probably similar to the number we took there on Boxing Day (possibly less given the reports re: Southend fans in the home end)!

Fleetwood brought 27 according to twitter feed last night and of course you lot had 3000+ of your fans in the home ends!

Quite suprising given your amazing support that you haven't managed to sell out the home tickets for the Derby match at Roots Hall though?

Fleetwood brought 27 according to twitter feed last night and of course you lot had 3000+ of your fans in the home ends!

Quite suprising given your amazing support that you haven't managed to sell out the home tickets for the Derby match at Roots Hall though?

According to Fleetwoods twitter feed they took 40. Makes your home support even worse by a further 13! Must seriously worry you though if you were to get relegated. If you struggle to get even 4000 in league one regularly, what sort of crowds would you generate in league 2. The one good thing is that there are far more southern based teams in League two, who are likely to bring similar if not bigger away support than many in league 1. I read somewhere however that we have had the fewest away fans in league one this season. With only really u guys, Cov, Gills, Sheff Utd left who are likely to bring large followings. Makes our home attendance actually quite reasonable. I do agree however that i am also surprised that the game against you guys isn't already sold out. although our recent run of form hasnt helped the potential occasional supporters thoughts of attending. STILL THINK THE CROWD WILL BE CLOSE TO 10000. Main issue is how many will you sell, hearing 1000 already, space for around 1200 more!

According to Fleetwoods twitter feed they took 40. Makes your home support even worse by a further 13! Must seriously worry you though if you were to get relegated. If you struggle to get even 4000 in league one regularly, what sort of crowds would you generate in league 2. The one good thing is that there are far more southern based teams in League two, who are likely to bring similar if not bigger away support than many in league 1. I read somewhere however that we have had the fewest away fans in league one this season. With only really u guys, Cov, Gills, Sheff Utd left who are likely to bring large followings. Makes our home attendance actually quite reasonable. I do agree however that i am also surprised that the game against you guys isn't already sold out. although our recent run of form hasnt helped the potential occasional supporters thoughts of attending. STILL THINK THE CROWD WILL BE CLOSE TO 10000. Main issue is how many will you sell, hearing 1000 already, space for around 1200 more!

It will be roughly 10,500 maybe 11,000 with segregation. The North West hasn't been opened yet to home fans.

I don't think our crowds will change much in League 2 to be honest - primarily because of more consistent away support being less northern clubs and that we'd certainly hope to be winning a few more matches - this season the only decent numbers of away fans in the league will have been you, Sheffield Utd and Millwall

I'd guess that maybe some of your home support are used to just buying on the day/just before the game and perhaps haven't got theirs yet but given how quickly you sold out allocation for our game and how massive your support is (as you keep telling us!) I'm suprised how slowly they are selling

As for the Derby return we sold out initial 1000 quickly, next 400 aren't far off gone and I'd estimate we'll end up brining somewhere between 1500-1800

I don't think our crowds will change much in League 2 to be honest - primarily because of more consistent away support being less northern clubs and that we'd certainly hope to be winning a few more matches - this season the only decent numbers of away fans in the league will have been you, Sheffield Utd and Millwall

I'd guess that maybe some of your home support are used to just buying on the day/just before the game and perhaps haven't got theirs yet but given how quickly you sold out allocation for our game and how massive your support is (as you keep telling us!) I'm suprised how slowly they are selling

As for the Derby return we sold out initial 1000 quickly, next 400 aren't far off gone and I'd estimate we'll end up brining somewhere between 1500-1800

To be fair the game is 2 weeks away and we've sold well over 6,000 already. Our online ticket system restricts us buying tickets in the North West corner which holds another 1,500+ so I'm sure when it's announced they're available they'll sell quickly.

To be fair the game is 2 weeks away and we've sold well over 6,000 already. Our online ticket system restricts us buying tickets in the North West corner which holds another 1,500+ so I'm sure when it's announced they're available they'll sell quickly.
I can't see us having home fans in the North West corner. We are restricted to selling about 8,500 home tickets without the North West corner.

Yeah I think max home support with the kind of segregation required for this game is around 8-9k. Even without segregation it's like 9500 max. This whole max capacity of 12300 is a myth. I don't thing there are even 12300 seats at roots hall

I can't see us having home fans in the North West corner. We are restricted to selling about 8,500 home tickets without the North West corner.

Without selling the North West corner we wouldn't get 8.500. The East, West and South stands only hold about 7k max.

Yeah I think max home support with the kind of segregation required for this game is around 8-9k. Even without segregation it's like 9500 max. This whole max capacity of 12300 is a myth. I don't thing there are even 12300 seats at roots hall

Yes agreed..... Our max home support with segregation is about 8,500 - 9,000 (including the North West corner) and that includes 2,000 + away fans, so a max of about 11,500 is only possible.

Yeah I Agree, I think around 11,500 is about right.

Still will be great though to see 10,000+ crowds in our next 2 home games (which would bring our average home crowd so far this season to around 7,000 mark)

I thought we had over 11,700 against Yeovil a few years ago. Apart from the removal of a few seats next to East black the ground hasn't changed.

Back