• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I hear from my Orient pals that our old centre back M'Voto had a massive barny at half time in the changing room & was told he will never play for the O's again. Apparantly he had been playing well recently and when he played for us he was top quality ( until he got injured , then he was cack ) ..... So i wonder if Brown & Hessenthaler could swap M'Voto & Prosser . Both i rate highly and Luke should be handed the captains armband from Sean Clohessey - he would turn them round a treat and deserves to play for a club that will give him a chance. M'Voto would be a handy man for us when Bolger has another wobble, or Barrett gets injured, or Thompson gets snapped up by a bigger team.

M'Voto is appalling. You clearly didn't go to Hartlepool.

Any Sunday League centre half could have done better and would certainly have tried harder.

Worst performance I have ever seen from a Blues player and that includes Dave Barnett, Ray White, Warren May, Trevor Whymark, Gordon Connely etc

Love the way people think it's a conspiracy. I would argue it's a conspiracy that he has lasted this long at then club.

He is poor on the deck, he gives away possession constantly, he panics in possession, he isn't that dominant in the air given his size, he is slow. I mean really what are we missing here. I struggle to name one major asset he has other than he is a good club man which with all due respects in nice but not much use.

The two best runs we had at the end of the last two season coincided with him being dropped and better defenders coming in ( Egan and Jakub and then Prosser and Barrett).

He is 4th choice centre back and for my mind surplus to requirements.

I felt I had to reply to this . We all have our opinions. I know you don’t rate him (understatement) where as I like him and maybe am bias as I appreciate effort and commitment more than others (and maybe more than I should ). However re possession and headers, I got so fed up of reading match reports slating him that for the last three home matches I actually bothered to count his passes made and headers won/lost. I then waited for the match reports to come in before adding 'facts' to the reports rather than 'opinions' . Needless to say there were many comments on him losing the ball and giving away possession and not winning headers which simply were not true . Even more annoying was that others that lost more headers, and gave away more possession both in percentage terms and in outright numbers received no such comments . Just proves that some people see what they want to and have made up their mind before a ball is kicked. I am not trying to make him out to be a world beater, but I do think he is better than some give him credit for

M'voto's gone to Shrewsbury I think. Thankfully. I was at Hartlepool and I still have flashbacks.

I felt I had to reply to this . We all have our opinions. I know you don’t rate him (understatement) where as I like him and maybe am bias as I appreciate effort and commitment more than others (and maybe more than I should ). However re possession and headers, I got so fed up of reading match reports slating him that for the last three home matches I actually bothered to count his passes made and headers won/lost. I then waited for the match reports to come in before adding 'facts' to the reports rather than 'opinions' . Needless to say there were many comments on him losing the ball and giving away possession and not winning headers which simply were not true . Even more annoying was that others that lost more headers, and gave away more possession both in percentage terms and in outright numbers received no such comments . Just proves that some people see what they want to and have made up their mind before a ball is kicked. I am not trying to make him out to be a world beater, but I do think he is better than some give him credit for

Hasn't he also got into the FL team of the week a couple of times this year as well? Not bad going given his limited game time.

Will be sad to see him go. I unlike a lot, think he is a good squad player at this level. He had a run of games earlier in the season and everybody didn't seem to have a bad thing to say about him.

Will be sad to see him go. I unlike a lot, think he is a good squad player at this level. He had a run of games earlier in the season and everybody didn't seem to have a bad thing to say about him.

I liked him. But he was one of those that could be very good, or very bad. When he was bad, it normally affected the rest of the defence, or led to goals against.
I know he always tried his hardest, so like most on here I would like to wish him all the best for the future, and hope thing go better at his next club.

Thank god for that. Almost saved me posting except to add that I'm sick of people posting those stats about his omission leading to promotion pushes, yet not recognising/refusing to acknowledge that our surge up the table this season began when Prosser slotted into the side and formed a very solid partnership with Bolger. Selective memories, etc.

Like I have said on many occasions,Pross divides many a a poster on here.
Our group actually think his better than many give him credit for
But can we have a bit of class on here, whether you like or loathe him (like Dave) wish him well
So the team and Pross move on.

It's all gone downhill for the lad since he got pole-axed against Cambridge United.

I guess that's why so many Premiership players jump out of the way of the ball when someone has a shot!

Quote from Phil Browns Weekly Echo Column:

PROSSER'S AGENT NEEDS TO BE MORE PRO-ACTIVE

I THINK Luke Prosser’s agent needs to become more pro-active in trying to sort out his future.

Three or four clubs in League Two have expressed an interest but I think more could be done because I think it’s the right time for Pross to move on now.

I think he’s need a fresh chapter in his career but if he ends up staying with us then that’s not a problem either.

Again, Brown struggles to differentiate between what you say to the media, and what you say behind closed doors.

Again, Brown struggles to differentiate between what you say to the media, and what you say behind closed doors.

He did at Swindon, but everyone knows now anyway. Others have demanded he be more honest. I think todays column lets everyone know where Luke's future is.

Quote from Phil Browns Weekly Echo Column:

PROSSER'S AGENT NEEDS TO BE MORE PRO-ACTIVE

I THINK Luke Prosser’s agent needs to become more pro-active in trying to sort out his future.

Three or four clubs in League Two have expressed an interest but I think more could be done because I think it’s the right time for Pross to move on now.

I think he’s need a fresh chapter in his career but if he ends up staying with us then that’s not a problem either.

Mixed messages here Mr Brown
One minute Pross wants to leave, next your telling us his agent isn't working hard enough to get him out.
Strange what you have been telling CP to print in the press!

and lastly saying if he stays thats not a problem either. I think he has covered all possible outcomes of Prossers future in a couple of paragraphs.

As much as Brown wants him out, you can't blame Prosser seeing his contract out if he is not happy with a deal from another club.
Can see Brown throwing his toys out the pram if Pross stays put. Lol

Cant see it bothing Phil brown one jot .The only loser in this battle will be prosser .Because if he stays for the sake of it all he will get is splinters either sitting in the stands or the bench .Every player has his day that's football the world over . All I say to prosser is stop rocking the boat either shut up or ship out .

Back