• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brighton have always been a better supported club than us. The only time they had low attendances, was when they played at the Withdean(?) ground, which only held around 7,000.
When they played at the Goldstone ground they regularly had attendances between 10- 18,000 in the old 3rd & 2nd Divisions.
In 2004 I saw their play off final at Cardiff (long story!) V Bristol City. They took 32,000 that day.
We couldn't muster that at nearer Wembley, for our 1st visit v Crewe
, never mind about going to Cardiff!.

The crowd v Crewe was 43,842. An official split of the crowd was never given but when you look at the pictures of how far round the Upper Tier we had it, must have been about 32,000 and I cant believe Crewe had more than 12,000 there.

You are correct..certain games we were full at 11k but could have got 15k+ and certain cup ties pushed 20k+

The super grounds at Sheff U and Cov C underlined, for me, how poor and dated Roots Hall is. A new ground does not need to be soulless like the inbreds' Weston Homes hole. The future IS F.Farm which, IMO does look like it has some class (with 4 sides). With the new ground we will get 10k plus.

The crowd v Crewe was 43,842. An official split of the crowd was never given but when you look at the pictures of how far round the Upper Tier we had it, must have been about 32,000 and I cant believe Crewe had more than 12,000 there.
I seem to remember something about us selling over 33,000 tickets, if not there was at least 32,000 of us there.

Last edited:
A bit off success with a new stadium and the world's our oyster. ..:thumbsup: 15000 to 25000 in the championship playing teams like ipswich or Norwich. .. no problem

I assumed your mates ,that you relied on for player summaries had seats in the restricted view seats in the very corner of the South Lower :smile:

No,they reckon they've got the best view in the ground.And I'm sure theyre right.

(Btw,I don't rely on them for player summaries at all.Though, I'm always interested to hear what they think). :winking:

++++MONDAY LUNCHTIME UPDATE

East Stand - sold out (although this may not include Blue Block, which is never sold online)

West Stand -
X Block - sold out (Obviously only half the block was on sale though, remainder of seats not yet released)
W Block - sold out
V Block - 3 restricted view seats left
U Block - sold out
T Block - 1 disabled place left
S Block - sold out
R Block - 9 Seats left (all singles)
Q Block - 24 seats left (all singles except for one row of 5 together at the back)
P Block - 25 seats left

South Lower - Still good availability on the end blocks, filling up around the goal

South Upper - Only 3 non-restricted view seats left (still quite a few on the back row though)

It's filling up nicely in the home end with 5 days still to go - have any of our regular Col Ewe posters got any updates on away ticket sales?

++++THURSDAY MORNING UPDATE++++

East Stand - sold out (although this may not include Blue Block, which is never sold online)

West Stand -
X Block - whole block now on sale, 133 seats left
W Block - sold out
V Block - 1 restricted view seat left
U Block - sold out
T Block - 1 disabled place left
S Block - sold out

(135 total)

Family Stand

R Block - 2 Single Seats left
Q Block - 18 single seats left
P Block - 5 seats left

(25 total)

South Lower -

O Block - 18 standard and 21 restricted view (front row) left
N Block - 10 standard seats (all singles) and 24 restricted view (front row) left
M (yellow) - 32 standard seats and 13 restricted view (front row) left
M (blue) - 9 standard and 4 restricted view left
L Block - 7 standard seats (all singles) and 15 restricted view left
K Block - 44 standard seats and 8 restricted view left

(205 total)

South Upper - 67 restricted view seats left (back row)

TOTAL SEATS LEFT = 432

So one season 10 years ago we were in the Championship, therefore we need a ground 3.5 times our average attendance?

And we're getting crowds of over 10k now and outside the play offs in League 2.

It's not just about capacity (though its very evident RH is too small now) it's also about facilities and comfort. Would you rather go to the flix and watch a film where the toilets are clean, nice catering, lots of leg room and nice and clean or go to another flix that has the smell of 70 years of stale smoke, urine on the toilet floor and everytime someone moved behind you, you had a knee in the back? Lets say the tickets were the same price, I know what I'd rather have.

It's not just about capacity (though its very evident RH is too small now) it's also about facilities and comfort. Would you rather go to the flix and watch a film where the toilets are clean, nice catering, lots of leg room and nice and clean or go to another flix that has the smell of 70 years of stale smoke, urine on the toilet floor and everytime someone moved behind you, you had a knee in the back? Lets say the tickets were the same price, I know what I'd rather have.

Me bad....... League 1...... Jeez I shuddered when I read what I had written :sad:

Weren't we promoted to League 1?

I believe the Fuzz are looking for up to ten naughty boys from the away game so I expect there to be some cameras and Police around the NW corner looking to feel a few collars.
Be ready to move quickly chaps and block any escape dashes by the hooligan idiots-they will likely be the ones with hoodies trying to mask their visages; if they don't get nabbed at the turnstiles.

And we got relegated straight away. As I said previously, one season ten years ago is not justification for a new stadium.

You are missing the point somewhat. We arent building a new stadium for the reason we sell out Roots Hall, we clearly dont, in League One and Two 11,500 is fine.

The justification in building a bigger stadium isnt made by measuring what we currently get,but what we have the potential to get, and as we sold 20,000 plus tickets for Wembley and 30,000 the time before we have plenty of potential.

Even that isnt the only justification for a new stadium, at Roots Hall we can never be self sustaining, we lose money every year hence as ending up losing the stadium we do have. A new stadium is the only way of improving revenue (even if there is a big question mark over how that will work)

How are these 22,000 people going to get there? Very difficult to walk to, inaccessible by train and only 1,000 parking spaces.

Its not as good a location as Roots Hall, however its only about 500 yards further from Prittlewell Station than Roots Hall.

If there are only 1000 parking spaces then still more than at Roots Hall too.

More people will be attracted to a new stadium than the old one. (Sadly this only applies if we finish all 4 sides).

The new stadium is only 21,000 anyway so we will have to ask 1000 to stay at home, that should help :)

Online X block is showing only 99 left.

CP tweeted about 3 hours ago that there is 250 tickets in all thats left. But I think he is not including the restricted view seats, as online, it looks like there is more than that.

Im sure Shrimpergarry will give us a detailed break down in good time.

Back