• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Akinfenwa......... Please we are a league 1 club hopefully we will put in a real go at either automatic promotion or minimum playoffs this forthcoming season. My view is Akinfenwa wont help us reach either of those goals.........Sorry:thumbdown:

And you think Dave Mooney and Jason Williams are?

What have our current strikers go to do with? I don't think Mooney is good enough and the jury is going to be out on Williams.

He had 5 goals in 29 games this season and his fitness is starting to prove an issue. He can't play whole games as often as he used to.

He's being released by a League Two club for a reason. He'll probably go to Crawley or Barnet I reckon.

Akinfenwa - sign him up

10 years ago when he was playing against us with trundle he was class. 5 stone heavier and 10 years older he is just adding comedy value. He looks rediculous at the moment.

Eeeerrrrrr Akinfenwa or Jason Williams....know who I would pick

I also know who would command more of our budget. Williams hasn't impressed so far but could still do so. Akinfenwa can barely last half an hour these days although to give him his due he made a difference for them yesterday (against a poor Plymouth side I thought).

I also know who would command more of our budget. Williams hasn't impressed so far but could still do so. Akinfenwa can barely last half an hour these days although to give him his due he made a difference for them yesterday (against a poor Plymouth side I thought).

And against Accy in their semi-final. I like Akinfenwa, always have done. Takes all the opposition supporter abuse in good part. Don't think he's up to L1 standard any more though unfortunately and quite an expensive impact player at that level.

Ed Upson released by Milwall, someone who can pass the ball well in midfield.

John Marquis is another they have released, who has been linked to us in the past. A centre forward.

Ed Upson is someone we had on trial before I believe, or was certainly linked to us as well.

John Marquis is another they have released, who has been linked to us in the past. A centre forward.

Ed Upson is someone we had on trial before I believe, or was certainly linked to us as well.
Upson is only 26, thought he would have been older than that as it was a few years back. Certainly worth considering, but would his wages match our budget?

We did indeed have Upson on trial. If I remember correctly it was just before Ipswich released him. I remember watching him play for us against Canvey. I thought he had something about him but Tilly obviously didn't as that was the last we saw of him.

We did indeed have Upson on trial. If I remember correctly it was just before Ipswich released him. I remember watching him play for us against Canvey. I thought he had something about him but Tilly obviously didn't as that was the last we saw of him.

I give you Gary Hooper

You make some good points. It was more tongue in cheek. However, if we did sign him, which i doubt we would anyway, i still reckon he will get more game time than Williams

Billy Knott is interesting PB according to today's Echo.

Always rated him, looked excellent in the times I have seen him play against us for AFC Wombles. Obviously a local lad as well. Reminds me a lot of Nicky B*****

10 years ago when he was playing against us with trundle he was class. 5 stone heavier and 10 years older he is just adding comedy value. He looks rediculous at the moment.

I still wouldn't fancy calling him a ****

aking.jpg

2w3c3tg.jpg

Would be open to both Knott and Upson. Both good players at this level. Surprised both have been released ultimately, does anyone know why? Millwall / Bradford setting their sights higher, or character issues?

Knott is a decent player and the sort PB would fancy I think. Pretty similar to Tims in some ways. Left footed.
Guess we would have a decent chance and he is unlikely to get homesick. Definitely an upgrade on Deegs but very different type of player?

That's a weird one - 79 games in two years at Bradford and still only 23 years old. Plays in a number of positions across midfield and has always looked decent whenever I've seen him. Sign him up.

Back