• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I would expect they want the team to get used some of the smaller grounds they may encounter in the Championship

Its ok Scott, you can go back to your default position as it appears the club deserves doesn't derserve as much credit for this as people assumed. Having said that it would be interesting to know why we were on their short list

“We were sent a circular by Newcastle asking for a friendly and we jumped all over it straight away,” said Brown, who grew up supporting Sunderland.
“I think we were one of a handful of clubs they contacted and we’re really pleased to have got it sorted.

Hopes and dreams shattered once more!

This will be a very good test for our lads, and a decent sized club to attract a decent turnout.

Shame it's not a Saturday, but I think I'll head along to this one.

Its ok Scott, you can go back to your default position as it appears the club deserves doesn't derserve as much credit for this as people assumed. Having said that it would be interesting to know why we were on their short list

“We were sent a circular by Newcastle asking for a friendly and we jumped all over it straight away,” said Brown, who grew up supporting Sunderland.
“I think we were one of a handful of clubs they contacted and we’re really pleased to have got it sorted.

I think we should have held out for a bigger club.

A mate of mine wants 3 tickets for the away end for this one. Does anyone know if it will be pay on the gate for the Geordies.

:thumbsup:I work with a Geordie, within minutes of the announcement, 3 of his mates had confirmed coming down to the game.

View attachment 4126

Just had a call from Ron. The Roots Hall pitch will still be sh it. He wants to switch it to my back garden. Better build another stand.

It's been more than 12 hours since you promised a new stand in your garden , but seems nothing has happened.
You and Ron are just the same - full of empty promises !!!

If you are referring to the end of season testimonial in 1960,I certainly did-we lost 3-6!

Not the only high scoring match "Mitten's marvels" were involved in that season. They beat Man United 7-3 and Everton 8-2 !

Any team details ? Ivor Allchurch perhaps ?

Back