• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sounds like Mancini is being approached by Leicester.

CR was far too loyal to the players...centre backs are old men who are slow...Kante was a massive loss also.

Claudio will be forever King of that city plus a very tidy pay off to cushion the blow.

Football can no longer shock me.

It's not the same squad though, Kante is gone. Whilst most of the focus was on Vardy and Mahrez he was really the driving force of the team, there's a reason Chelsea paid £30m for him, he's arguably the best defensive midfielder in the world. Huth and Morgan are OK but they're 32 and 33 respectively which makes them very slow, that was alright when Kante (who has apparently made more tackles in 2 years than any other premier league player has made in 3) was in the squad because he could track back and cover them if they were being outpaced but with him gone they've lost that protection and as a result are horribly susceptible to being outpaced.

They've tried to replace Kante with Mendy and Ndidi but it's not really worked (which isn't to say they are bad players, they're just not the engine Kante was). Leicester fans have been calling for either Huth or Morgan to be dropped for one of the other centre backs for months but Ranieri hasn't done it, presumably he isn't confident in the back ups but he had the money to buy a new centre back if that was the case.

Can't argue with the loss of Kante, but losing one player shouldn't take you from 1st to 17th in six months.

Champions League results suggest it's an attitude issue, rather than a playing strength one.

Some senior players told the club owners they were unhappy with Ranieri after the Sevilla game.

Aw, diddums!

These are the same "senior" players who should count themselves fortunate to even be playing in the Champions League, no doubt!

Can't argue with the loss of Kante, but losing one player shouldn't take you from 1st to 17th in six months.

Champions League results suggest it's an attitude issue, rather than a playing strength one.

I'm not convinced the champions league results suggest anything, they had a very easy group, only Porto are premier league quality out of those three, most premier league clubs would fancy their chances against the other two, and despite still being the in the Sevilla tie thanks to Vardy's strike they were dominated, Schmeichel was on top form which is the only reason they still have a chance.

Not surprised they were under the cosh, playing away at the 3rd placed side in La Liga.

My point is more that the players' attitude appears inconsistent. Last season, they were unplayable at times, working as a unit and giving it everything.

Ranieri doesn't appear to have changed much, system or personnel wise, so the players' have to be the ones under-performing, not the manager.

If this "players spoke to the chairman" rumour is correct, the Chairman is as weak as s*** to allow it. Should have told them to knuckle down and do as they're told and earn their inflated wages, rather than bleating on.

Mourinho wearing "CR" on his shirt during a press conference, FFS no-one has ****ing died!

Almost as bad as the city players wearing the name of the player I'm not even going to attempt to spell before the game. All because he had an injury and will miss the rest of the season.

Its gone a bit OTT, I don't agree with what has happened but its not like they sacked Ranieri whilst sitting comfortably in mid-table they are 1 point above the relegation zone and in freefall! As usual the board are scared of missing out on another season with their snout stuck in the trough, sentiment means nothing now.

Almost as bad as the city players wearing the name of the player I'm not even going to attempt to spell before the game. All because he had an injury and will miss the rest of the season.

Like most prem players they have forgotten all about the real world they came from,overpaid prima donnas it makes you want to spit.:sick:

Its gone a bit OTT, I don't agree with what has happened but its not like they sacked Ranieri whilst sitting comfortably in mid-table they are 1 point above the relegation zone and in freefall! As usual the board are scared of missing out on another season with their snout stuck in the trough, sentiment means nothing now.

What Chelsea did to Di Matteo was far worse!

I find the Premier League dresses itself up as a circus we supposedly all want a ticket to see. SKY being the worst culprits.

It sounded fun, at first, but now is just a posh party, annoying all the neighbours. The truth is most people are happy to walk past these days and do something more in tune with reality.

It's slowly imploding and detaching itself and people are really starting to laugh at it's ludicrousy on a daily basis!

I find the Premier League dresses itself up as a circus we all want a ticket to see. SKY being the worst culprits.

But, the truth is most people are happy to walk past these days and watch some real entertainment, down the road.

It's slowly imploding and detaching itself from reality and people are really starting to laugh at it's ludicrousy!

Plenty of people would sit on their arses and call themselves fans from their sofa sadly.

I do think people are starting to realize we are being sold a pup.

Leicester were like the kids who gate-crashed the pool party at the posh house and drank all the punch before running off with the girls, but now they are part of the circus.

I know plenty of Arsenal fans who are sick of feeling like they are privileged to watch Ozil, Sanchez and the like, for their £60.00.

They'd rather have a McLintock, Radford and George winning a title with a bit of guts and courage, any day.

I was gobsmacked when I heard this on the news last night.There's clearly no loyalty or gratitude in the Prem.these days.:omg:

This is what makes me laugh. The prem is the thing all clubs dream of. Are we going to take the moral high ground if we ever get there? I very much doubt it.

Talks doing the rounds that Pearson is being lined up for a return. The club is an absolute circus at the moment.

Then they put in a shift and smash Liverpool 3-1. What a bunch of ***** Vardy & co are. If I was a Leicester fan I would be fuming.

Back