Likes Likes:  93
Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Billericay Town

Rooney joins Billericay....Ok, not that one, but Luke Rooney (Ex Gillingham and Swindon, he also played in the states along side Drogba).

Sounds like Louie Theophanous is heading out the door in the opposite direction. Despite bagging 11 goals this season.
    Last edited by mattitouk; 15-02-2018 at 01:32 AM.

One player that is wasted at Billericay is Sam deering, Billericays most consistent player and could still do a good job in league football.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueronron View Post
    Some of my happiest memories was going to Wembley to watch Billericay in the FA Vase final in the late 70's, they had a decent forward called Freddie Clayden who had an eye for goal, always wondered why we never tried to sign him.
    In them days you could follow a non league and not get abused for following a lower club and being not a true follower of Southend

UTS
    I went to all 3 too, and The Sheffield replay too.
    Doug Young got the first cup final hat trick since 66 in the Almondsbury Greenway 5 1 win . The third vase win in 4 years

Quote Originally Posted by tottenham541 View Post
    One player that is wasted at Billericay is Sam deering, Billericays most consistent player and could still do a good job in league football.
    Agree, I'd say he's the best player by some way in that league (imo). Strange move as he was key in getting Ebbsfleet promoted last season up into Conference National and they known as big wage-payers.

Yeah, I second that, they seem to hold him in high regard, hence them bringing in Rooney.

Quote:

“Luke is a quality player and he can make things happen,” said the Town head coach. “I think Luke is similar to Sam Deering in the sense that they are both capable of winning a game on their own. Intelligent players are able to play with each other and both of these boys are."

“Sam can play with anyone and Luke is similar. He can play across the middle line, in the hole and in wide positions. I am sure they can link up well."

Interesting the comments about Rooney since he's had a far from notable career to date. Flitted between umpteen clubs (often on loan) before ending up at a second-string outfit over the pond. Suggests to me 'ricay may well be about his playing level.

This cook is an anti-semite Uncle Leo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blueronron View Post
    In them days you could follow a non league and not get abused for following a lower club and being not a true follower of Southend

UTS
    I think that's still 'ok'. I don't give a hoot about Billericay as (a) I have no local connection and (b) Tamplin appears to be a total arsehead.

However, I enjoy following the fortunes of Hemel Hempstead Town (close enough that I can hear crowd noise from my back garden!) as well as the Canvey sides.

I find non-league in general can be a nice break from watching Southend - not the same highs, but no terrible lows if the team I am watching happen to lose!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Leo View Post
    I think that's still 'ok'. I don't give a hoot about Billericay as (a) I have no local connection and (b) Tamplin appears to be a total arsehead.

However, I enjoy following the fortunes of Hemel Hempstead Town (close enough that I can hear crowd noise from my back garden!) as well as the Canvey sides.

I find non-league in general can be a nice break from watching Southend - not the same highs, but no terrible lows if the team I am watching happen to lose!
    I agree - Ive watched Maidstone a few times and it's a decent ground.
    Who's this Rorschach guy and why is he so good at drawing pictures of my Dad beating me?

Certified Senior Citizen Tangled up in Blue's Avatar

Deleted by TUIB.
    "The British government is free to make a decision about its participation in the World Cup," he said.

But nobody has the right to insult the Russian people - who defeated Nazism and lost more than 25 million people - by comparing our country to Nazi Germany.

That goes beyond common sense."

Alexander Yakovencko.Russian Ambassador to the UK:

Certified Senior Citizen Tangled up in Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Leo View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Napster View Post
    I agree - Ive watched Maidstone a few times and it's a decent ground.
    Feeñl the same way about watching Espanyol.Certainly a decent ground.No great lows if they lose.
    "The British government is free to make a decision about its participation in the World Cup," he said.

But nobody has the right to insult the Russian people - who defeated Nazism and lost more than 25 million people - by comparing our country to Nazi Germany.

That goes beyond common sense."

Alexander Yakovencko.Russian Ambassador to the UK:

This cook is an anti-semite Uncle Leo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Up the Shrimpers View Post
    Tamplin getting worried about the crowds
    http://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/foo.../?ref=mr&lp=11
    How many was he expecting for an Isthmian League Cup game?

This weekend's FA Trophy tie should be a better test of where they are support-wise.

He's going about it the wrong way, people who loves Billericay and care are already going to games so saying "you need to come or we won't survive" to a bunch of people who don't care is futile. He needs to attract more people and make them care. He should be telling everyone what great entertainment they will be getting for their money, I'm sure the goals per pound spent ratio there is very good and I've heard the facilities are pretty good for a club their size too.
    Ricky Otto's No.1 Fan

Played against the "Corinthian Casuals"..... Sounds like a proper old terrace firm from the 80's!!...Proper tasty encounter that was!!....(doing my Danny Dyer impression).....No surprise then that one of the Billericay players got concussed and got carted off in a ambulance.

Tamplin announced the signing of the former Daggers captain Scott Doe this week, despite him already signing for Whitehawk. He then had to retract the announcement. Pretty farcical really!