• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

it's not the best start I have to admit, but lets see what happens at the end of September, this will be for me the way the season could pan out for us, lets hope for the best

I think it'd be interesting to see Ba and Fortune up front together so I'd definitely start those two. Rather than Dru, I think I'd like to see Jack Bridge in midfield for Timlin allowing Lenny to play the deeper role which he is so good at, McLaughlin is a must. Defensively, I'd bring in both Kyprianou and Matsuzaka for Hendrie and Ferdinand.

We would get absolutely hammered. Kyprianou and Matsuzaka are simply not equipped for League 2. Jack Bridge doesn't influence any games I have seen and has more ambition than experience. McLaughlin has been hopeless since he was injured and Fortune is 5th best striker at best. The only one I might put in is Ba.

It's not the best start to the season, but it's by no means the worst either. If we take an optimistic view and see the Rotherham game as an aberration then our performances have been good for at least part of the other three matches - we could have won all three if we'd turned our pressure into goals at the right time. That's easily said but it is fixable. So, nil desperandum......

We would get absolutely hammered. Kyprianou and Matsuzaka are simply not equipped for League 2. Jack Bridge doesn't influence any games I have seen and has more ambition than experience. McLaughlin has been hopeless since he was injured and Fortune is 5th best striker at best.

Well, they shouldn't be in a Div One squad then ! :unsure:

Haven't read the whole thread so apologies if this has already been said, but any side at this level who loses 3 of its best players, all of whom would definitely be playing if fit / available, is going to struggle. Obviously I mean Coker, Wordy & Ranger. Hopefully two of those will be back soon, and I suspect when they are things will start looking up.

Haven't read the whole thread so apologies if this has already been said, but any side at this level who loses 3 of its best players, all of whom would definitely be playing if fit / available, is going to struggle. Obviously I mean Coker, Wordy & Ranger. Hopefully two of those will be back soon, and I suspect when they are things will start looking up.

Absolutely right. Not just them either, but probably Kiernan too would be in the first XI if fit. We'll get there, it's just going to be our usual rocky start to the season followed by getting better through September /October.

I wasn't able to attend, but I've read the reports and again it seems as though Hendrie, Ferdinand and JD were all pretty naff.

Do we think Ferdinand isn't mentally fit due to the death of his Mum the week before the season began? I mean, the bloke never had legs but mentally he was so on it last season it didn't matter because he cut everything out. I can't help but feel this is an issue.

I also believe, and it hurts me to say, we would suit a 3/5 at the back formation as JD and Hendrie are better WBs than FBs. Problem is, we don't have enough fit defenders!

I wonder if he will try a 352 tonight in the cup?

EDIT - Not enough defenders fit and JD is off playing for Cyprus!

Back