• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How about Ricky Holmes? Got hardly any game time with Sheffield, was abused by Charlton fans for leaving,so wouldn't go back there. Not sure we could afford him though.

No chance, word was that he was earning a lot more than we could pay him, when he was at Charlton.

Got to love silly season!

Hooper, Lenny, Assombalonga.....

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

I just mentioned the Gary Hooper SZ rumour to my Sheffield Wednesday supporting mate, and he said thanks as it's the best laugh he's had all year. 18 months left on his contract and still very much a key first-team player plus on about 30K a week.

I just mentioned the Gary Hooper SZ rumour to my Sheffield Wednesday supporting mate, and he said thanks as it's the best laugh he's had all year. 18 months left on his contract and still very much a key first-team player plus on about 30K a week.

Which is more than the weekly wage our whole promotion winning squad were on in 2014/15

They can laugh all they want but tell me, when were Sheffield Wednesday ever managed by Bobby Moore?

I’d kinda lost track of how Hooper’s career had gone after leaving Norwich so had a quick google when this rumour first appeared. I found a bunch of rumours and articles from Sheff Wed fans that were fretting about him going to Swansea after Carvalhal went there mid-season. So I really can’t see him suddenly having fallen so far out of favour that not only is a Prem move not on anymore but he’d need to drop a division to get a game.

Also didn’t Hooper’s Dad hate us a club.

I think it’s more likely to be Lenny back on loan. He’s not really broken into the Sheff United side and it’s almost like the manager doesn’t rate him. But Wilder tracked him for months so it would be harsh if he didn’t even give Lenny pre-season to prove himself.

Suppose we’ll just have to wait and see.

No thanks to Hooper....Lenny, well how will he get in the team...Dru has surpassed him.

No thanks to Hooper....Lenny, well how will he get in the team...Dru has surpassed him.

Really? Not yet in my opinion, there is time on his side and hopefully he'll get more of a chance to sign and to start scoring goals next season. He's not overtaken Lenny yet who was able to offer the full range.

Back