• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

We do have more than one target. A certain player has been mentioned on here who is on our priority list. As for the wow signing it could be someone who wasn't playing in the EFL last season.

I really am hoping that it isn't Moshni - I loved him whilst he was here but it does become a bit of a circus when he's involved.

Iorfa would be a wow signing. 2 years ago was rated at £4m and he played in a tournament winning England u21 team last summer I think. Had a bad season and I think he’s been released

Britt Assombalonga, Simon Francis and Gary Hooper. This site is the best

It must be antony grant as the priority one he is on the transfer list and we need a centre midfielder as a priority so makes sence

Andy Rogers folks, seen coming out of the club shop on the corner of Vic ave and Priory Park yesterday (They opened it especially) SPALL are apparently doing our kits next year too

Iorfa has been retained by Wolves as I understand, though he is likely to be available - would expect the fee to be more than we could afford but a loan move could be an interesting one.

What about Stuart O’Keefe? Dunno if he has be mentioned yet.

Already mentioned a few times.

Said this before, Bilel mohsni please thankyou:thumbsup:

A, he's not the same player. He's put on weight and seems a lot slower. Division 2 at best. B, he caused so many problems when last here, the scissors incident, falling out with team mates. Silly sending's off. Refusing too get on the coach, getting the train home. No thanks.

What about Michael Ngoo? He was with us a youth teamer (so not a loanee), went to Liverpool but then lost his way a bit since then.

Last season he was playing for Tirana in Albania (which fits Rigsby's "may not have been playing in EFL last season) - 11 goals in 23 games for them.

He's still only 25 and at 6'6" would certainly fit the bill as the big bloke up front. Probably wouldn't be too expensive either.

Just a thought....

EDIT - Maybe we should leave signing him until after the V Festival! https://www.essexlive.news/news/former-liverpool-england-striker-sold-1373339

For me there are only two possibilities if this is truly a 'wow' signing .... it would have to be Lenny or Hooper, I might be wrong but I think Assombalonga was only ever on loan to us so that rules him out ?

Over the last couple of years Ron has backed his manager with big name signings Ferdinand, Cox, MAF, Kightly all of whom I think this site ruled out because Ron wouldn't pay the wages .... well he did ! ....... So .... just maybe .... Ron splashing the cash again and Gary Hooper can be tempted by a 3 year contract and a move back down south ?

Would that mean Simon Cox is released though! Think both need a target man alongside to get the best out of them ? Would a front two of Hooper and Cox work?

There's one way to find out .............

What about Michael Ngoo? He was with us a youth teamer (so not a loanee), went to Liverpool but then lost his way a bit since then.

Last season he was playing for Tirana in Albania (which fits Rigsby's "may not have been playing in EFL last season) - 11 goals in 23 games for them.

He's still only 25 and at 6'6" would certainly fit the bill as the big bloke up front. Probably wouldn't be too expensive either.

Just a thought....

Nope. He never fulfilled his potential. Only 5 goals playing for Hearts, Yeovil, Walsall, Kilmarnock, Bromley and Oldham. I saw him play a few times for Kilmarnock on Alba(Scottish tv), he was useless and no goal threat at all. So no surprise he's ended up at a lesser club. He's like a much worse version of Ladapo.

Cant see a Bilel return, just not a Powell sort of player at all. When we had the cup final at Wembley for tango's first game, poor old Bilel couldnt keep up with play back then. Hooper couldnt hit a barn door with us and surely Granty is over the hill now ? I could only imagine Chris getting fit, pacy players in that like to play it on the deck.Will be interesting to see how this one pans out.

Back