• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

My thoughts on the game.

I did have a smile though when i saw a West Ham fan, about 16, carrying a baby and wearing his latest West Ham shirt, a thick gold chain outside of his top and a burberry cap. Whilst chewing on gum.

Perfect!

I did have a smile though when i saw a West Ham fan, about 16, carrying a baby and wearing his latest West Ham shirt, a thick gold chain outside of his top and a burberry cap. Whilst chewing on gum.

Perfect!

If the lad was about 16 the baby might have been his grand-son !

I, like many others on here, was p*ssed off at all the Spammers sitting around the place, many of them having the nerve to wear colours in the home stands. That was an absolute disgrace and I enjoyed giving the evicted contingent some abuse as they went past!

However, they really should have thrown them all out as many were still sitting there and chanting and cheering when they scored. I know it was a family day out and all but rules are rules and away supporters should not be allowed in home stands. End of. As it was, the stewards had some difficulty moving some of them near me in the west and things could easily have gotten a lot worse very quickly. I for one was nearly hit (unintentionally) as they were being chased up the stairs. The club ought to be ashamed of themselves for this one.

I will be writing to the club and would urge others to do so too.

Perfect!

This is an absolute tragedy...

We need to stop them breeding.

Was sitting about 5 seats away from where it all kicked off in the west. It was complete and utter bollocks, about 2 mins before kick off 15 or so west hams fans piled in and sat down, then all of them starting singing, standing up during the game and abusing the home fans...1 or 2 of the ****s even started offering out Southend fans which is a disgrace seeing as they were in OUR end!! Literally seconds before it was going to kick off the stewards intervened and kicked them into the away end. It's bad enough the spammers were all around the west in their claret and blue but at least they just sat there quietly and watched the game, unlike these bunch of pricks who decided to abuse and start fights with Southend fans.

The game itself was ****e for the first 20 mins or so and then livened up, Black put in a good peformance and i think our midfield is going to score a lot of goals between them this season. Unfortunately today our strikers hardly threatened at all, but it's early days yet and we were playing against a full strength premiership side who were in Eureope last season.

zoltan came on for a short while. didnt get involved much, but looked fine.

Lokado? from what ive heard he's an extreemly highly rated youth team midfielder

Liptak very nearly took Bellamy's head off with a high boot which gives him even more kudos.

Peggy Lokando is an attacking midfielder from the youths who we brought in from Arsenal towards the end of last season. He'd been there a few years I think.

How did Zoltan do? & who is Lokado?

Neither of them played really played long enough to have much of an impact, although this Lokando lad looks like he's got something. I'd certainly like to see more of him.

lokando_0506peggy.jpg

Interesting article about him here in the Times.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/article576645.ece

...and here on the Arsenal website.

http://www.arsenal.com/article.asp?thisNav=&article=369321

Yes I saw Peggy last season for the youth team look's a good prospect.

Why is it I always think of a Barmaid when I think of that name:confused:

*I need to get out more*

I, like many others on here, was p*ssed off at all the Spammers sitting around the place, many of them having the nerve to wear colours in the home stands.

I will be writing to the club and would urge others to do so too.
But this is what the club wanted! RM & GK will have known, because they were told indirectly from sources like here (which we know they monitor) & I'm sure face to face by some that £20 for a pre season game was over the top. The reason they didn't care was because they knew Wet Hamsters from the area would fill the Southend seats not taken up by seasos & normal Shrimpers.

But at the end of the day it was a money making operations. Lets say 33% of the 9500 crowd was concessions so at £20 (6333) full & £10 (3167)concession the gate was we're looking at a gate of approx £158k. Say the prices were £15 & £7.50 (never going to happen) but the crowd was 11000 (7333 full + 3667 conc) then the gate would be about £20k less.

Whether or not more Southend fans than closet Hamsters saw the game was irrelevant to RM &GK as they knew they'd rake in the extra cash. As to trouble or ill feeling, who cares as once you've had their dosh you can always chuck them out!

But this is what the club wanted! RM & GK will have known, because they were told indirectly from sources like here (which we know they monitor) & I'm sure face to face by some that £20 for a pre season game was over the top. The reason they didn't care was because they knew Wet Hamsters from the area would fill the Southend seats not taken up by seasos & normal Shrimpers.

But at the end of the day it was a money making operations. Lets say 33% of the 9500 crowd was concessions so at £20 (6333) full & £10 (3167)concession the gate was we're looking at a gate of approx £158k. Say the prices were £15 & £7.50 (never going to happen) but the crowd was 11000 (7333 full + 3667 conc) then the gate would be about £20k less.

Whether or not more Southend fans than closet Hamsters saw the game was irrelevant to RM &GK as they knew they'd rake in the extra cash. As to trouble or ill feeling, who cares as once you've had their dosh you can always chuck them out!

I tell you what, if I go to the Vitesse Arnhem game on Wednesday and I find myself surrounded by a bunch of flag-waving, dutch-football-club shirt-wearing, Arnhem shouting, neanderthal-Netherlands types eating cheeses and watching the game from the South Upper, I shall say...

"Oy! Ron! Noooooo!"

SelfRighteousBrothersHarryEnfield_wmv.jpg

There were inevitably loads of West Ham fans but to be fair, most of them were fine. It was just those idiots in block V who came in and after just a few minutes started singing West Ham songs, clearly asking for it. Stewards did well to avoid any fighting, after that the atmosphere was fairly flat. The saddest thing was these blokes were at least in their 40s. Grow up!

On the pitch, as has been said Black was our best player. Looks like a very classy player when he gets on the ball. Maher had a good game and rightly gave that **** Bowyer a smack after a horribly late foul. MacDonald worked hard when he came on but didn't get a lot of service, Paynter linked the play well but missed a sitter. Bailey was a tad disappointing but we must remember he was up against some quality players. Hopefully he'll fit in better against League One teams.

That is probably true and if so, it is a very, very sad state of affairs. Today's was probably the only game where I have felt genuinely uncomfortable and I know there were families sitting around me with young children. They were scared and the parents were afraid something was going to kick off in the stands. Some of them even left because the atmosphere was so hostile and they didn't feel protected enough by the stewards which I find an absolute disgrace.

:guns:

How did they make a major error? They sold 9,500 tickets, most of which were £20 each - that sounds like a major success to me ...

You'll lose supporters who will not want to take the family somewhere that their safety is compromised,i certainly would not have taken my little boy today.Segregation has to be adhered to for people to enjoy their day.The club should issue warnings that fans in the wrong end will be ejected.

Back