• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Walsall v Southend

That is really hard to swallow , twice now we have thrown it away , its a cruel game , but we really can't keep conceading 2 plus goals a game .

Still can't see a game out, 4 goals conceded in 4 games isn't good enough. Doesn't matter how many the forwards score if our defence can't do their job.

Still can't see a game out, 4 goals conceded in 4 games isn't good enough. Doesn't matter how many the forwards score if our defence can't do their job.

Where did you get that?
4 goals conceded in 2 league games.
5 goals conceded in 3 games.

I cant believe that we have thrown it away again! Thats 4 pts lost, in two games, we really should have won today.

I agree and 4 points at the end of the season mean so much.

i so hope we don't end up saying if only at then end of the season. Agaisnt 10 men this really is poor.

to add insult to injury most of us got all exicted when we signed Sawyer on loan !

i so hope we don't end up saying if only at then end of the season. Agaisnt 10 men this really is poor.

to add insult to injury most of us got all exicted when we signed Sawyer on loan !

He is a great player, but like most of our defenders, it was just a lack of concentration. We need to focus more or we will be seeing this more and more!

Disappointing, agreed - however, these things tend to even themselves out over the season.

The defence is still getting to know each other, Sawyer is young and learning - and I for one would rather have him than not, and am still very pleased that we got him in on loan.

As long as we keep the team spirit and keep putting in the effort that we have been, we will be rewarded and I guarantee there will be instances when we will win games this season which we maybe do not deserve to do so.

With such a small squad it is so important to all stay behind Tilly and the team, and lets face it on paper most on here would have taken 2 points from our opening two fixtures if offered it.
We are creating chances and we are scoring goals and it is only August 15th!

Last edited:
i cant remember the last time we won against ten men ! 4 pts lost allready :thumbdown:

4 points lost ???? I see it at the moment as 2 points gained. Last year we lost at home to Huddersfield and away to walsall...... As i see it we currently have 2 more points than last season so lets look on the positive side....

4 points lost ???? I see it at the moment as 2 points gained. Last year we lost at home to Huddersfield and away to walsall...... As i see it we currently have 2 more points than last season so lets look on the positive side....

Really? Technically this time last year we had 4 points, so we are down 2 points. We were also out the Carling Cup this time last year so that is a positive.

We always throw leads away and it's really beginning to *bleep* me off. We've dropped 4 points this season already, a lack of concentration against Huddersfield cost us a win and a poor piece of defending has cost us this time. It's typical of Southend. Still, would've taken 2 points out of two games had i seen this at the start of the season, optimistic that we can get something against Wycombe in mid-week.

Me from another website.

Back