• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News High Court Hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are all mad if you think this brinkmanship will continue,we owe the monie we once again can't pay on time....yesterday we were told by RM it's no problem it will be paid.....are you all living in cloud cuckoo land as it wasn't paid...Another rest bite, another let me talk to the top guys at Sainsbury's to see if I can convince them once again to step into my pond of deceit and cough up once again.

Get real people..If we do not have Sainsbury's we have sweet FA.

I know others have picked up on this but I think you need to accept that this is the way things are. Moaning about it and getting upset everytime our cashflow problems raise their ugly head (and they will constantly be there for the next several years) isn't going to do any good for the situation and isn't going to do you any good either.

This is the World that Southend United are now living in. I'd suggest that you learn to accept that.

I don't want to appear condescending, but it just seems to me that unless you know anyone who can come in and replace Ron Martin and move the Club forward into a new stadium (which rules The Consortium out) then we're all better off just sitting back and letting the Club get on with it.

I doubt that this will be the last time we don't pay HMRC. I doubt we've seen the last occasion that the players haven't been paid. We're a struggling business with a chronic cashflow problem. These problems are going to manifest themselves in a more regular and drawn-out manner than they would for msot football clubs because the easy option of Administration is an absolute matter of last resort for Southend United because of the impact that it could have on the Stadium project. Most Clubs would have written their debt off, taken a ten point penalty and already started spending money it doesn't have to get back to the top of the division again.

It was specifically announced the land wasnt even in Southend...

Or remotely SUFC related...

But, obviously, he was lying and filling our heads with spin and propaganda. He's the modern day Goebbels, don't you know.

I know others have picked up on this but I think you need to accept that this is the way things are. Moaning about it and getting upset everytime our cashflow problems raise their ugly head (and they will constantly be there for the next several years) isn't going to do any good for the situation and isn't going to do you any good either.

This is the World that Southend United are now living in. I'd suggest that you learn to accept that.

I don't want to appear condescending, but it just seems to me that unless you know anyone who can come in and replace Ron Martin and move the Club forward into a new stadium (which rules The Consortium out) then we're all better off just sitting back and letting the Club get on with it.

I doubt that this will be the last time we don't pay HMRC. I doubt we've seen the last occasion that the players haven't been paid. We're a struggling business with a chronic cashflow problem. These problems are going to manifest themselves in a more regular and drawn-out manner than they would for msot football clubs because the easy option of Administration is an absolute matter of last resort for Southend United because of the impact that it could have on the Stadium project. Most Clubs would have written their debt off, taken a ten point penalty and already started spending money it doesn't have to get back to the top of the division again.

Good post Beefy!

Well, we could start with us not going into administration and the initial tax payment being paid most recently.

Well without being pedantic or racing for old news,we were told yesterday the monies to HMRC were being paid today.

Well I can substantiate hat full's of lies...can you on the truths?

Getting the stadium built was always going to be a challenge. The fact the recession hit at the time it did made it even harder.

Ron Martin has spun his PR machine in numerous ways to hide what were serious issues, now whether thats right or wrong I dont know. I dont like it personally but did he have any choice?

He has managed to keep the wolves at bay for now and hopefully will get a grip on the project so we dont have his continual financial problem.

All we can do is wait to see whether he achieves what he promised or fails. If he achieves it these will be the broken eggs the omellette required. If he fails its just a waste of eggs. Or something.

Whilst we shouldnt just accept the financial problems that have affected the football we do need to take on Beefys advice and just accept for now we are a cash strapped club and take each problem and hurdle as it comes and just hope Ron Martin has some control over it.

Well without being pedantic or racing for old news,we were told yesterday the monies to HMRC were being paid today.

And if they are paid today or tomorrow thats been delivered hasnt it?

Today hasn't finished yet, and we've been told that Sainsbury's solicitor will be completing the transfer today or tomorrow morning.

Never be a glory hunter, go for some one like West Brom or Q.P.R.

But it seems so much easier finding a failure to be that the 17 year olds have dropped out the Carling Cup in the quarter final or that 82 points in a prem season isn't enough to make Europe and that the manager should be sacked...

It was specifically announced the land wasnt even in Southend...

Half the FF site is also outside the Borough boundary - that's why we were dependent on decisions from SBC AND Rochford DC.

I'm not much of a betting man, but I'd put my mortgage on the name for the new stadium NOT being the Tesco Bowl.

Getting the stadium built was always going to be a challenge. The fact the recession hit at the time it did made it even harder.

Ron Martin has spun his PR machine in numerous ways to hide what were serious issues, now whether thats right or wrong I dont know. I dont like it personally but did he have any choice?

He has managed to keep the wolves at bay for now and hopefully will get a grip on the project so we dont have his continual financial problem.

All we can do is wait to see whether he achieves what he promised or fails. If he achieves it these will be the broken eggs the omellette required. If he fails its just a waste of eggs. Or something.

Whilst we shouldnt just accept the financial problems that have affected the football we do need to take on Beefys advice and just accept for now we are a cash strapped club and take each problem and hurdle as it comes and just hope Ron Martin has some control over it.

And if they are paid today or tomorrow thats been delivered hasnt it?

You have to be in the court of split hairs JM.I have no problem with that,the bottom line is I want MY SUFC to survive.The spin and absolute bollix that Ron spins when he thinks most of us are of an intelligence of Spartan is derisory of a muppet..we are not stupid,we need to know the truth albeit
that he thinks we are of sub-normal race.

I went to my first Shamrock Rovers match on Friday. Very strange experiance.

I follow Cobh Ramblers from a distance (obviously)
They were kicked out the league a couple of years ago due to owing the taxman money

Clachnaccudin , the team I go to see whenever I am in inverness are in administration.

Southend are Man city-esque in comparison to these two !!

Yes and I would think that mystery land was FF all along...Of course Sainsburys are now in for the long term and are no fools...it is a pity RM was not more transparent on this..The bottom line is without them he is ****ed....They are into deep to bail out now but will keep pressing for more slice of the cake....TBH I don't give a toss where the money comes from as long as SUFC survive, what does get me angry is the bollix he try's to feed us that he is in charge and all this comes from his astute judgement and various companies.....

Give it a rest Ron.

do you remember when you banned me for my anti RM posts and abusing the swear filter!!

I always have alittle chuckle to myself when I read these threads

Cricko said:
You have to be in the court of split hairs JM.I have no problem with that,the bottom line is I want MY SUFC to survive.The spin and absolute bollix that Ron spins when he thinks most of us are of an intelligence of Spartan is derisory of a muppet..we are not stupid,we need to know the truth albeit
To be fair Cricko, I don't think he could have ever come out and told the world the trouble we were in, as that would have caused even more problems than we have already. OK, he may have said some things that weren't absolutely true, but the major things he has told us have come to fruition i.e we would not go into administration, the 2m tax bill would be paid, this last bill would be paid.

We all want that, and no one wants to be in the situation we are in.

RM does put too much positive spin on things sometimes which leads to a level of distrust but the bottom line is we are still here, the ground is still moving forward.

Only time will tell whether he delivers what he has promised, until then we have to just take it as it comes and hope he doesnt let us down.

This is a medium - long term issue now and we can only judge its success when the stadium is open and we can look back and say, well it was a pain but we got here and its been worth while. Now lets sit back and enjoy us playing in our big derby against Grays Athletic :)

I liking the all new edgy 'no longer in bed with RM' Cricko.

I know you've been back for a while but welcome back anyhoo.

:offtopic:

:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back