• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News High Court Hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least he swallowed his pride, and realised his mistakes, unlike others on here.

Oh, you must mean how I don't vilify Ron Martin at every available opportunity because I don't like where the club is going.

I don't like where the club is going, but I can see that we'd be heading the same direction with or without him at the helm and, whether or not you agree with some of his tactics/approaches/comments (and I've made it quite clear on here before that I don't) he's probably doing the best he can with the resources available to him at this moment in time.

Members of this board a lot less "Pro-RM" than I might appear have concluded that the key reason RM falls short on is the lack of substantial financial backing and/or a partner willing to bear some of the financial responsibility until the club has been relocated. It appears Sainsburys have come on board and this, touch wood, will no longer be an issue.

Anyone see the little interview on SSN with RM after court ??

I think Cricko is spot on in that he (RM) feels that most on here, some within The Echo and anyone else with a vested interest in all this are below him and not worth giving the time of day to ... and you know what, i think he is right

Anyone see the little interview on SSN with RM after court ??

I think Cricko is spot on in that he (RM) feels that most on here, some within The Echo and anyone else with a vested interest in all this are below him and not worth giving the time of day to ... and you know what, i think he is right

RM or cricko?

So is Ron saying the Council decision had no bearing whatsoever on the outcome of the club ?

i actually read it more like

bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks hmrc bad bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks echo evil bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks col u fan, that'll make them love me bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks i'm great bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks everyone else is to blame bollocks bollocks

bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks hmrc bad bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks echo evil bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks col u fan, that'll make them love me bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks i'm great bollocks bollocks bollocks bollocks everyone else is to blame bollocks bollocks

Who has he blamed and for what!?

your post is bollocks and ****ing boring

Who has he blamed and for what!?

He has blamed the echo for working against the club.

Blameless Bob said:
One would think that a dominant local paper would wish to align its interests in support of its local football club…. whereas misleading headline deliberately served to work against our interests.

For the record, a close relative of mine (and Southampton supporter) in the course of his business had cause to speak to the deputy editor of the Echo at some length. The Blues were discussed, and when Fossets Farm was mentioned, the deputy editor guffawed and said it would never be built. The impression left on my relative by the conversation was of considerable antagonism towards SUFC.

Just because he is paranoid doesn't mean they aren't against him.

He's not blamed the echo, he's said what a lot of people have been thinking. The Echo DO print every bad story they have and put it on the front page. I agree that they should do this as it does let us know as fans (those that dont play golf) what is happening at the club. But when anything good happens, it rarely makes the front page nowadays, it's all too doom and gloom.

Tbh i don't know why i'm saying this cos i'll be tarred with the "ron martin bum licking society" brush. I don't like how close to extinction we've gone, and we're probably not out of trouble yet, but everyone's glass at the moment is half empty and filled with **** beer!

He's not blamed the echo, he's said what a lot of people have been thinking. The Echo DO print every bad story they have and put it on the front page. I agree that they should do this as it does let us know as fans (those that dont play golf) what is happening at the club. But when anything good happens, it rarely makes the front page nowadays, it's all too doom and gloom.

Tbh i don't know why i'm saying this cos i'll be tarred with the "ron martin bum licking society" brush. I don't like how close to extinction we've gone, and we're probably not out of trouble yet, but everyone's glass at the moment is half empty and filled with **** beer!

Probably the best bit of news in the last 12 months has been Sainsbury's signing up as co-developer of Fossets Farm - Page 8, if you dug that far.

1. Like it or not, J, the only option we have is to follow RM. And so far he has managed to avoid administration and winding up, and now seems to have some serious financial muscle on board. He is in fact doing better than at least 50 of his contemporaries at other football clubs over the last 10 years. Your personal distaste for this man is irrelevant.

2. Once again you use a slang term for Down's people as a term of insult. I work with Down's, and I find your use of that term disgusting. Grow up.

Hmmm... interesting, Number 2 is certainly news to me. It's a generic term, for people who are just plain Mongs, and RM has acted in a **** way, with how he has dealt with this situation.

**** can be used in the following ways :

Monging out.
**** Spelling.
Bunch of Mongs.
****-olia.
**** Wong Chinese Noodle Bar.

Grop some ACU, and stop digging for something that isn't there, like RM's great big war chest.

Hmmm... interesting, Number 2 is certainly news to me. It's a generic term, for people who are just plain Mongs, and RM has acted in a **** way, with how he has dealt with this situation.

Monging out.
**** Spelling.
Bunch of Mongs.
****-olia.

Grop some ACU, and stop digging for something that isn't there, like RM's great big war chest.

**** is short for Mongol, which is the old term for Down's syndrome. It is the same shortening of a formerly acceptable word for a disability as "Spas, or Spaz", for spastic. Perhaps you ought to think a little bit more about the meaning of words before you throw them around so casually.

As for growing some, which is what I presume you meant, I did plant some stawberries today, if that is what you are getting at.

Monging out.
**** Spelling.
Bunch of Mongs.
****-olia.

I think that you have missed ACU's point completely and possibly shown your ignorance at the same time ! What do you mean when you refer to someone as a **** ? You are using it as a derogatory term and I too have often heard it used to describe people with down's syndrome especially having a cousin with downs. Can i suggest that you find another term to use before you offend more people on this site.

This argument that supporters aren't happy being a lower league club scrabbling around in the lower leagues in a run down stadium - for goodness sake that is exactly what we have been for the vast majority of our 104 year history! Of course we should aim higher, of course we should be shooting for a place in one of the top two divisions. However to risk everything, the very club itself, to achieve that? Sorry, I don't agree.

If we were a mid-table Conference side for the rest of my life but remained Southend United I'd take that. If we went part-time to sustain the club even, as long as what makes Southend United the club I love remains then so be it. That's not what I want to happen of course, I'd love a team fighting it out in the top half of the Championship filling a brand new state of the art stadium. But I don't want that at ANY price.

Ron Martin has gambled everything on this dream - who gave him that mandate? I don't remember the spin about a new ground including..."of course, this is a gamble and if that gamble doesn't pay off we could go out of business"...if it did then many of us may have said "actually Ron, you know what I don't really fancy the idea of that".

whether u believe him or not the courts allowed us a further 7 days, which means we survive. So come lge2 is lookin good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back