• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Should Israel pull back to the '67 borders?

Should Israel pull back to the '67 borders?

• Yes, they should.

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • No,they shouldn't.

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • No opinion.I don't know etc

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
No jew ever needs to pull back as they have had the foreskin cut off,as have i and lovely it is,thats no foreskin not judeism.

I wouldn't normally answer a question with a question, but why should they?

Um..why do you think they shouldn't?:smile:
More seriously, unless and until they do, there's no chance of a Palestinian state being created, as Obama said in his TV interview.
For that little qud pro to work, Hamas(as Obama)implied would also have to recognise Israel and renounce armed conflict.As we've seen with Ireland, stranger things have happened.

So a Palestinian state can be created and the region could have some kind of peace?

So a state of Palestine can be created from Sinai and Gaza (IIRC) pre 1967 was part of Egypt, the West Bank which pre 1967 was part of Jordan and the Golan Heights which pre 1967 was part of Syria. Funny how the Arab nations didn't fall over themselves to create a state of Palestine from those lands prior to 1967. The Arabs are more to blame in this than Israel, and for the record if Arafat hadn't reneged on the accord brokered by Clinton then a state of Palestine could already exist.

The enemies of Israel are implacable and won't be happy until the state of Israel is wiped from the map. It's strange how the call for a state of Palestine has become a cause celebre for the Arabs considering they've done the square root of bugger all to assist in creating one until now.

Um..why do you think they shouldn't?:smile:
More seriously, unless and until they do, there's no chance of a Palestinian state being created, as Obama said in his TV interview.
For that little qud pro to work, Hamas(as Obama)implied would also have to recognise Israel and renounce armed conflict.As we've seen with Ireland, stranger things have happened.

This is posturing by Hamas IMO, and it won't happen. As I said in my earlier post this may have been resolved in the mid 90's but Arafat reneged on the deal.

As for Ireland we'll see, there's still plenty of atrocities being carried out by both sides of the sectarian divide.

This is posturing by Hamas IMO, and it won't happen. As I said in my earlier post this may have been resolved in the mid 90's but Arafat reneged on the deal.

As for Ireland we'll see, there's still plenty of atrocities being carried out by both sides of the sectarian divide.

The first part of your statment is incorrect, as Hamas have so far emphatically not recognised Israel nor have they renounced armed struggle.As I said previously, until they do, there won't be a Palestine state(which we would appear to agree on).
Ironically, Fatah and Hamas will probably get recognition for Palestine from the UN in the autumn but they'll still have to talk to Israel to make it happen on the ground(as opposed to just on paper).

I think the word 'should' should be removed from any questions about Realpolitik. Might is right and Israel is probably the 'pound for pound' mightiest state on the planet.

So a state of Palestine can be created from Sinai and Gaza (IIRC) pre 1967 was part of Egypt, the West Bank which pre 1967 was part of Jordan and the Golan Heights which pre 1967 was part of Syria. Funny how the Arab nations didn't fall over themselves to create a state of Palestine from those lands prior to 1967. The Arabs are more to blame in this than Israel, and for the record if Arafat hadn't reneged on the accord brokered by Clinton then a state of Palestine could already exist.

The enemies of Israel are implacable and won't be happy until the state of Israel is wiped from the map. It's strange how the call for a state of Palestine has become a cause celebre for the Arabs considering they've done the square root of bugger all to assist in creating one until now.

Wrong. I think what you meant to say was "...considering they did the square root of bugger all to assist in creating one until Israel took their land in war they started and expected to win. Suddenly they all ended up on the losing side, having lost a lot of land and looked for an excuse to take it back from Israel. They'd rather any old Arab had it than Israel."

The first part of your statment is incorrect, as Hamas have so far emphatically not recognised Israel nor have they renounced armed struggle.As I said previously, until they do, there won't be a Palestine state(which we would appear to agree on).
Ironically, Fatah and Hamas will probably get recognition for Palestine from the UN in the autumn but they'll still have to talk to Israel to make it happen on the ground(as opposed to just on paper).

I don't think you'll find any Israeli (although I might be wrong, politically they almost 50:50 between left and right) agreeing to draw back before Israel is recognised, and that includes by the rest of the Arab. After all, it's the rest of the Arab world that finance all the terrorism against Israel.

I don't think you'll find any Israeli (although I might be wrong, politically they almost 50:50 between left and right) agreeing to draw back before Israel is recognised, and that includes by the rest of the Arab. After all, it's the rest of the Arab world that finance all the terrorism against Israel.

If that's right, they can't have been spending a lot of money recently.:winking:

Jaffa Oranges are the new Cape Apples.

We should be building bridges, not walls.

Nothing would give me more joy than to have Barnaby transported into the middle of a Mossad pub crawl at the point where eight pints have been consumed and tempers are starting to fray.

Israel should invade Egypt and give the **** something to actually whine about.

israel should have kept everything the nicked in 60's amd 70's every other country does.. think this through.. imagine if the aussies have to give back australia.. loads of them could end up back here.. imagine 300 million yanks going back to their constiuent countries leaving paune and cherokees to kcik the crap out of the mohawks... we will have to give the normans and vikings the heave ho then its on to family tree dot com to see if your allowed to stay ..

Back