• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Strikes take 2

I'd love to see the MPs lead by example. They are on a nice tasty 1/40th scheme while other public sector workers are on 1/80th schemes. Wouldn't it be nice if they had started with their own pensions?

Apparently "they'll probably change at some point". Great.

Yet the average wage of a MP is much less than the average wage for a GP - who will stay in that job for a longer time. MPs really don't make that much money in their daytime job - it's the outside work they do which makes up their salary, and the work afterwards - such as Tony's conferences...

Well we have about 40% staff in the physiotherapy department and we have still managed to get all the work done so I have a great idea for some money saving ideas.

Jealousy and self-entitlement - the two predominant character traits evident from the lefties on this forum.
How can 'lead by example' be jealousy and self-entitlement? Its asking that the leaders of the country live by the rules they set. Fairness / jealousy - there is not even a fine line, they are not connected.

Yet the average wage of a MP is much less than the average wage for a GP - who will stay in that job for a longer time. MPs really don't make that much money in their daytime job - it's the outside work they do which makes up their salary, and the work afterwards - such as Tony's conferences...
In terms of their salaries as MPs they are not overpaid, but as you say for most of them that is not their main source of income.

thanks for that Osy, I hadn't even read Neils post fully or read the study, as I now know I agree with it I won't have to bother .
then i rephrase what i said . And your views are parrael. Either way we are all discussing opion and generalisation on hete . Only *** has actually posted anything with credence from the Hutton report... as he actually had access to salaries. Not a theroretical mean.

I have just read through a few pages of this (14-17) and can summise the following (according to Osy)...

Any statistic Neil F uses is not good enough

Any statistic Osy uses is well good

Osy doesn't really like Rusty

Jealousy and self-entitlement - the two predominant character traits evident from the lefties on this forum.

Care to elaborate how my point suggests this?

At work I model the behaviour I want to see in my students. I dress smartly, arrive on time, prepared, work hard, pick up litter, smile, hold open doors, meet deadlines... If I didn't I'd be a hypocrite. Is it too much to ask our leaders to set an example for the rest of us?

Ergo, their pensions won't be huge in comparison. I think they should be paid more - they have more responsibility; and it might stop any possible corruption/collusion.

£65k isn't a bad wage especially given the available expenses. How many of you have all your travel paid for by your employers? How many of run a 'second home' in order to do your job out of your own pocket?

And Neil F's study didn't include 'actually' figures? Or it just didn't include the figures you wanted?
Nice to see your keeping up. HUTTON had access to real civil servant salaries and pensions to make real judgements . The Study Neilf quoted was an educated guess .Based on assumptions . Simple enough for you ?

No because Anthony Hutton did an investigation into actually salaries and pensions with the real figures. Bizzare idea i know.

Except *** quoted an article by Anthony Hilton, a journalist, who hasn't conducted any study I am aware of.

Anthony Hutton was in Big Brother (I haven't read his study), but you perhaps mean John Hutton? I've looked through both his final and interim report again and there is no comment on the private/public sector pay gap. Please do let me know which page it is on.

I'd also like to read that union report you referenced earlier.

I published the link to the ONS study, which was based on the monthly pay data they collate. No one has more stats than the ONS.

Nice to see your keeping up. HUTTON had access to real civil servant salaries and pensions to make real judgements . The Study Neilf quoted was an educated guess .Based on assumptions . Simple enough for you ?

I refer the honourable gentleman to Neil's response above. Oh dear. Oh dear. Big Brother contestants. Priceless.

I think its a ****ing liberty. One minute he is shagging that rough old slosher Makozi from Big Brother the next he is working on pension reforms in this country. No wonder the public sector workers are up in arms that there pensions are being taken away...

Just heard that Nasty Nick has been asked to do a paper on criminal reforms. Whatever next.

anthony2_470x300.jpg

From Wiki.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Big_Brother_2005_housemates_(UK)#Anthony

In September 2010, Anthony re-entered the house for Ultimate Big Brother as part of the retrospective task. He had a date with ex housemate Makosi Musambasi.

In November 2011 he published his report on pensions reform in the public sector. A report which sparked mass debate on Southend United supporters website "Shrimperzone". Hutton and his head of affairs "Eugene" came up with a wide ranging report which is expected to be implemented soon. One of the first people to read the report said it was a "raelly god raed"

Back