• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I would say, based on the few times I've seen us play:

Phillips
Dicko
Hall

Clohessy is solid, but that's all. Phillips is sharp, committed and scored some decisive goals.

I'd put Mohnsi up there if he hadn't been too petulant at times.

Dicko has done what has been asked of him, led the line and scored goals. 12 in 37 is not a bad rate, considering he's been out of favour for a while.

1. Clohessy - Reliable & consistent all season. Never goes missing & if I had any doubts about him getting POTY, they were well & truly dismissed after his performance on Friday.

2. Phillips - Worthy contender & it showed how good he is & how much we need him when he was injured a while back.

3. Hall - Best attacking player this season, good scoring & assists this season, but discipline & a patch of poor form drop him to 3rd for me.

Agree witb Phillips and Clohessy but hard for a third place. Hall will sway it if he remains consistent between now and end of season.

I am torn, i fully agree clohessy has been sturdy all season, but......there is no way we would be where we are now if it wasnt for ryan hall, take his goals and assists out of the equation and we are nowhere, hall just pips it for me

Think Phillips just from Hall for me.
Can we pick loanee's ??
Then Daniels must also be in with a shout , real class

Pound to vote? tsk... We should have a shrimperzones player of the year.

Agree with the bulk
1. Clohessy
2. Phillips
3. Hall
and a 4 for belfords glorious time wasting against crappy crawley.

1: Clohessy
2: Hall
3: Phillips

Clohessy pips Hall to it for consistent performance throughout the season, Hall went through a drop in form after xmas along with a few others, hence misses out for me.

This is a such a hard decision.....

For me it comes down to 4 names and thats Clohessy, Hall, Phillips and Dickinson.

Clohessy - Mr Consistant, hasn't really put a foot wrong and 100 appearances for the blues in just shy of 2 seasons is a pretty impressive stat. His link up play with Hall has been fantastic and caused defences some real trouble.

Hall - The goalscoring machine who has smashed in some crackers this season. He has been a game changer at times, but has the incidents off the pitch over shadowed his chances?

Phillips - What an impressive turn around. The guy who just couldn't get fit and always injured and has had an amazing season. Less injuries but with 8 goals too his name and possibly get into double figures before the end of the season a pretty solid display all season from Phillips.

Dickinson - This guy proved me completely wrong, I thought he was going to be a flop and we would just be another notch on his wikipedia list of clubs he has played for. A nice return of 12 goals before the unfortunate injury. A very hard working player but like Hall off pitch incidents could let him down.

For me my vote is going to Clohessy, I think he has been outstanding and he got my vote last season too. I can see him (if he stays with us long enough) getting an iconic status like Maher did.

Clohessy number one for me, edges over Phillips purely because he has played every game and for me personally I have not seen him have one bad game. Hes one of those consistent players that every promotion team needs, you need a mix of those types of player and then your matchwinners like Hall and Mohsni.
Phillips in second as he has far outshone Barker and headed a number of crucial goals, particularly taking into account he had only scored 2 goals previous in his whole career.
Hall would get third, purely because he can pull that magic out of the bag and not to mention he has assisted nearly every Phillips goal and several others.

Honourable mentions of Dicko, Mohsni and Timlin.

Can we make this into a Shrimperzone poll, it would be alot cheaper. :winking:

1. Clohessy
2. Hall
3. Phillips

4, Mohsni :stunned:

In terms of who does their job over a season it has to be Clohessey.

It is Player of the Season.

Hall has been great, but his best form was pre-Christmas and since then he has failed to meet those high standards.

Phillips is the other contender and has been very very good. If he has played as many games as Sean I think he may get my vote but since SC has played 100 games in under 2 seasons he deserves some recognition.

Well done Sean, you get my vote as the most consistent player over the season.

Difficult one but for me

1. Clohessy
2. Phillips
3. Dickenson

I have voted for mr reliable the ever present sean clohessy has just got better and better since joining, rarely puts a foot wrong, has improved the attacking aspect of his game and has linked up well with most he has played with down that right side

Back