• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Anthony Grant

Good man! even after he left southend he is still showing that he is a blue at heart!
Love Granty to bits <3

Hardly a legend. Was a decent player, excellent at times.

Played for the club 184 times and stuck with the club twice when times were tough: firstly signing a new contract just before the first of the winding up orders; secondly when everyone else buggered off when they hadn't been paid.

His highpoint was probably his performance at the European Cup runners up and eventual FA Cup winners that season, when we held them to a draw.

I can accept legend.

Hardly a legend. Was a decent player, excellent at times.
Stuck by us when lot of others jumped ship.Always will be very respected at the hall.I wish him the very best of luck.

Played for the club 184 times and stuck with the club twice when times were tough: firstly signing a new contract just before the first of the winding up orders; secondly when everyone else buggered off when they hadn't been paid.

His highpoint was probably his performance at the European Cup runners up and eventual FA Cup winners that season, when we held them to a draw.

I can accept legend.

Yes.He did have a great game at Stamford Bridge against Chelsea.:smile:

ooohhh an anthony grant legend debate........not in my opinion, yeah he stuck around during some harsh times but for all we know he wasnt offered anything else, blues legends = the likes of best,crown, powell, collymore, maher, eastwood, sansome, cawston, ian benjamin, prior et al, I just dont see grant on that list im afraid, on his day a good player but I dont think he had enough good days tbh, consistently inconsistent, never fault him for effort though and good luck to him.

Yeah, he a legend in my eye, for sticking with us, when everyone jump ship ... look where are they now!!

Back