• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I am surprised that Chesterfield is not featuring on the list - one of the better new builds in my opinion and much better than Burton.

Instead of Betty's Tea Room just go the one in The Shambles. Better by a country mile and cheaper as well. For those of you not intending on getting rotten drunk on the Saturday may I suggest a ghost walk. They are great fun and you get to see some parts of York you might otherwise miss.

The cat on the roof ?

We are due a weekend away in York, its been a couple of years since the last one, this is the perfect excuse

The Kings Arms is worth a visit, even if its just to see all of the flood marks inside.

I'll be going to see Rotherhams 3rd ground, having been to Millmoor loads of times and last year to a one sided athletic ground in Sheffield (although the result was great!), so I can yet again nail this one. Added bonus of shouting abuse at some fat pig also. :winking:

Yes - Rotherham will be my first "3rd" ground having been to plenty of other 'old' and 'new' such as Leicester, Stoke, Northampton, Derby etcetera.

Of course, the new ground I want to visit most still hasn't been built .....:omg:

Come on Ron - put down the magnifying glass and your stamp collection and get on with the building plans. :thumbsup:

I am surprised that Chesterfield is not featuring on the list - one of the better new builds in my opinion and much better than Burton.

Yes I agree with you there! - and they let the drum in!

Well this thread is about grounds you need to complete L2 grounds and Chesterfield was done by most the season they went up.

It was good of Exeter to come down so I've got another 'local' away game this season along with Plymouth and Torquay ... looking forward to York next April as I haven't seen us there since 1990.

It was good of Exeter to come down so I've got another 'local' away game this season along with Plymouth and Torquay ... looking forward to York next April as I haven't seen us there since 1990.

Good point - plenty of good 'local' matches for the South West teams. I have yet to visit either Torquay or Exeter - which one would you recommend?

Good point - plenty of good 'local' matches for the South West teams. I have yet to visit either Torquay or Exeter - which one would you recommend?

Why not do both?

But Exeter do sell half time dominos

Since when has Chesterfield been turned into a brewing town?:stunned::unsure::unsure:

Good point - but much of the brewing in Burton now is owned by multinationals and it is quantity brewing rather than quality.

Hope we get promoted and Sheffield United don't so that a trip to Sheffield is required!

And of course York has 2 (or 3?) breweries ..... perhaps there should be a league table of clubs based on their ale contribution .....

Good point - but much of the brewing in Burton now is owned by multinationals and it is quantity brewing rather than quality.

Hope we get promoted and Sheffield United don't so that a trip to Sheffield is required!

And of course York has 2 (or 3?) breweries ..... perhaps there should be a league table of clubs based on their ale contribution .....

York has 1 brewery and alas the days when they use to let me serve myself have long gone, but it still has plenty of fine ale houses.

There is quality and quantity in Burton when it comes to beer. Although Coors would clearly only be the latter.

York has 1 brewery and alas the days when they use to let me serve myself have long gone, but it still has plenty of fine ale houses.

There is quality and quantity in Burton when it comes to beer. Although Coors would clearly only be the latter.

Well, you probably know better than me but there is York brewery and Rudgate .... but I have realised there is a flaw in the idea of visiting clubs/towns with breweries as I don't want to be going anywhere near Elland Road .... :omg:

Well, you probably know better than me but there is York brewery and Rudgate .... but I have realised there is a flaw in the idea of visiting clubs/towns with breweries as I don't want to be going anywhere near Elland Road .... :omg:

I think Rudgate is eponymous and is somewhere towards Harrogate.

Lots of good brewers in the vicinity: Black Sheep are Masham; there's Cropton in Cropton; Daleside in Harrogate(?); Brown Cow near Selby; Hambleton near Ripon; Roosters in Knaresborough. All better than Rudgate IMO and I'm by no means opposed to a Battleaxe.

Why do we have to wait until April to play in York?

And bring back Halifax for the that Timmy Taylor pub.

The cat on the roof ?

We are due a weekend away in York, its been a couple of years since the last one, this is the perfect excuse

The Kings Arms is worth a visit, even if its just to see all of the flood marks inside.

Roman Baths are worth a look as well. The Golden Fleece for some strange reason used to be football fan friendly but that is going back a few years. York useally gets invaded on a Saturday night but if you have the right guide (Yorkshire Blue, I am looking in your direction) then there are still some undiscovered gems. Just convinced myself to make the trip now.

Roman Baths are worth a look as well. The Golden Fleece for some strange reason used to be football fan friendly but that is going back a few years. York useally gets invaded on a Saturday night but if you have the right guide (Yorkshire Blue, I am looking in your direction) then there are still some undiscovered gems. Just convinced myself to make the trip now.

Ackhorne, Swan, Bootham Tavern, Maltings, Three Legged Mare, Yorkshire Terrier, Last Drop, Golden Ball should do for starters.

Torquay - tough call though, especially when you consider the delights of 'The Great Western' very close to Exeter station.

Back