• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Difficult one this. A draw is best for us, but also wouldn't mind a Fleetwood win.

I think Scunny are currently in pole position to be champions.

One could argue that them winning is best, they can run away with the league, take points off everyone else, and leave us to take 2nd.

In summary, I have no idea.

Same as me then. :nope:

Oxford's manager has resigned, looks like he's going to take over at Northampton (god knows why). That could have an effect (negative or positive) on Oxford's form.

My understanding is that Wilder's contract came to an end this summer and he was unsure that it would be extended. And therefore he took the option to go to another club with a longer period of employment contract.

His (Wilder's) decision to make of course but I can't help thinking that this says something about how he thought Oxford would perform over the rest of the season. :sad:

Still a very long way to go. There is usually a team that sneaks up on the rails and makes the play offs at the last minute and is, of course, in good form and can go on and win the play offs.

I agree that a draw tonight would keep things tight. If we win our games against Daggers & Newport that would open up a nice gap between 7th and the rest of the pack, but I did say IF. I'd take a draw at Daggers and a win on Friday right now.

Hold onto your hats, it will be a rocky ride into the end of the season, after all it is Southend and you know that we don't do easy.

UTB

Just had a look at the last 8 games we have to play - none of them easy (perhaps stating the obvious).

We have to play Oxford, Burton, Fleetwood, Rochdale and Cheltenham for instance. Accrington have already held us to a draw and Torquay (who were the last league team to beat us) could once again be playing (scrapping?) for their league status.

I think this could be the tightest of tight seasons that could redefine what a tight season looks like.

Too many points to play for to say that Chapperz...Crewe in 2012 for example? Statistically we could still go down!

True, although Newport are on the down and their away form is terrible. They also look like they will be selling their striker to Peterborough soon. Still a lot of points to play for, but the top 7 look to be building a gap from the rest.

Of course we never know what will happen, which is why we all love football.

My understanding is that Wilder's contract came to an end this summer and he was unsure that it would be extended. And therefore he took the option to go to another club with a longer period of employment contract.

His (Wilder's) decision to make of course but I can't help thinking that this says something about how he thought Oxford would perform over the rest of the season. :sad:

Or the (lack of) ambition of the Oxford board?

Without doubt, in my opinion, the top 7 now WILL be the same come May, but in this order:

1. Scunthorpe
2. Blues
3. Chesterfield
4. Rochdale
5. Fleetwood
6. Oxford
7. Burton

I think Rochdale are a shoe-in for automatic promotion......

You also have to factor in the number of squeezed in re-arranged games too. We have Hartlepool H and Northampton A to play next month which would have been done and dusted by now but for the FA Cup 'run'.

You also have to factor in the number of squeezed in re-arranged games too. We have Hartlepool H and Northampton A to play next month which would have been done and dusted by now but for the FA Cup 'run'.

Rochdale must have a similar problem.

From what I read in the papers yesterday Chris Wilder was worried that his contract at Oxford had still not been renewed and wants to go to Northampton for the security of a longer contract.Bit risky given the position Northampton are in.

We have 20 games yet to play, so the result of Scunthorpe v Fleetwood is not yet mission critical to the rest of our season. So far there have been results in this division that defy explanation if you use the form book as a reckoner, and I expect that to continue with all but Scunthorpe, Southend and Rochdale. All three sides have found a consistency that points towards a top three finish. Previously I would have included Chesterfield, but I think they are now hot and cold, a bit like Burton. I don't see us blowing it this season as that spirit which says 'we ain't gonna lose' is seriously evident in the side and I'm feeling quietly confident that come the end of the season all will be very good. I will also still be mayor of Happy Town:smile:

If we have the teams about us to play in many end of season games then in is in our own Hands ( or feet) to Marshall our own destiny. With the way we seem to play results are more likely to be better than against bottom half clubs; and the actual footsie ought to be more entertaining.

A draw might not necessarily be the best option. If we see the fact that winning the title is irrelevant, and one of the other two spaces is all that matters then Scunthorpe winning would mean less points for Fleetwood, one of the competitors for spaces 2 & 3. However this relies on Scunny winning the league outright.

This.....i would love it if fleetwood got smashed

Back