• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ridiculous pricing, a plain white shirt with an England badge on it must cost no more than £10/15 for them to make, making such a profit and charging such a ridiculous price is outrageous.

Ridiculous pricing, a plain white shirt with an England badge on it must cost no more than £10/15 for them to make, making such a profit and charging such a ridiculous price is outrageous.

What do they do to the match shirt to warrant charging £30 extra?

I imagine it will be better quality, i.e. less likely to be ripped if pulled by an opposing player. Not £30 better though. That is a complete rip-off.

They don't have all sizes in stock either; was looking to get an away one for my son and there are none available in his size.

I'm sure sports direct will do their inevitable bargains in the weeks before the WC, once Nike have rinsed the die-hards who want to wear one for the friendly matches.

I'm sure sports direct will do their inevitable bargains in the weeks before the WC, once Nike have rinsed the die-hards who want to wear one for the friendly matches.

True. They undercut the main suppliers straight away back in 2009; I remember getting that one for £40 in Sports Direct the week it came out when it was £50 elsewhere.

I imagine it will be better quality, i.e. less likely to be ripped if pulled by an opposing player.

This is a bad feature.

We're playing Italy first up. We therefore want the shirts to noticeably rip* every time a shirt gets grabbed.

*I'd suggest flashing up like the stumps do in the T20 world cup when the bails are dislodged with maybe a siren going off to alert even the doziest of refs.

I imagine it will be better quality, i.e. less likely to be ripped if pulled by an opposing player. Not £30 better though. That is a complete rip-off.

They don't have all sizes in stock either; was looking to get an away one for my son and there are none available in his size.

Precisely. I imagine it'll be a lot like how all the major boot manufacturers have two versions of their popular boot ranges; one available for £30-70 in Sports Direct, and a £150+ version which you can find on ProDirectSoccer and the like.

I bought a pair of boots from Sports Direct last year, they didn't fit right, cut my feet to ribbons and lasted about three months before the sole started coming away, so I binned them immediately. Spent a bit more money on a pair from PDS and the difference has been astounding.

Precisely. I imagine it'll be a lot like how all the major boot manufacturers have two versions of their popular boot ranges; one available for £30-70 in Sports Direct, and a £150+ version which you can find on ProDirectSoccer and the like.

I bought a pair of boots from Sports Direct last year, they didn't fit right, cut my feet to ribbons and lasted about three months before the sole started coming away, so I binned them immediately. Spent a bit more money on a pair from PDS and the difference has been astounding.

Probably similar to US sports, where an authentic NBA jersey will set you back hundreds, and a replica maybe £50. I wonder if we'll see that creep into football shirts in the future, with mass-producible replicas compared to 100% authentic ones.

Probably similar to US sports, where an authentic NBA jersey will set you back hundreds, and a replica maybe £50. I wonder if we'll see that creep into football shirts in the future, with mass-producible replicas compared to 100% authentic ones.

Aye. It has to be said though, if you're a casual pub-going armchair fan spending £90 on a performance jersey to wear down the pub when England are on, you're probably a FullKit****** anyway.

Increasingly so you'd have thought. Football shirts are sure to get ever more unsuitable for the casual punter - a bit like rugby union I guess, where England still produce a cotton shirt for regular folk as the match day one is a skin tight monstrosity that really doesn't look good on anyone other than a top athlete.

I don't like it. I've got into some of the retro shirts lately though. Got the Euro 96 shirt a few weeks back and have the 66 red shirt in the post to me at the minute. Looking for an affordable 1990 shirt too.

Looks better on the site that it did in that leaked picture, but its still pretty much a training top.

Very uninspiring.

Exactly, I assumed that all this "technology" makes it slightly more expensive to make, but the £60 shirt doesn't have any of the "technology" and still costs £15.

Interestingly, you can buy a plain white shirt from Nike for £14.99 and a sow-on England badge from the FA for £1, and save yourself £75.

Got the boy the away kit, looks really smart. He's a skinny little lad though, so the shorts, even if tied up, keep falling down!

I don't like the England shirt, and surely it'll change. However I like the idea of it being loose and not fussy. Give it a wide open neck because it's going to be boiling and a tight collar is just stupid.

I want us (Southend) to move back to a royal blue colour, but seems like we've committed to navy in recent years.

AFAIK navy was always our colour. Certainly from the stories my dad has told me. He started watching Southend in the 50's. He always told me that refs had to change from the (then) traditional black when they refereed at Roots Hall.

Personally I'd like to stick to that, and we could do a lot worse than the French kit.

Back