• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Which players would you keep?

• Total voters

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
Paul Smith, defenders Mark Phillips, Julian Bennett and Ryan Auger, midfielders Marc Laird, Anthony Straker, Jack Payne and Bedsente Gomis plus striker Freddy Eastwood are all out of contract. Who would you keep?

Multiple choice poll, so vote for the ones you would keep...

Paul Smith, defenders Mark Phillips, Julian Bennett and Ryan Auger, midfielders Marc Laird, Anthony Straker, Jack Payne and Bedsente Gomis plus striker Freddy Eastwood are all out of contract. Who would you keep?

Multiple choice poll, so vote for the ones you would keep...

Is the poll in invisible ink? I would keep Laird and Jack Payne

Bennett not fit enough and too much of a risk for another year of no game time.
Gomis maybe keep on a pay as you play deal, Brown clearly sees something in him and he hasn't really had a chance yet, may improve with a full pre-season under his belt.
Laird I would keep, quality at this level, as he showed at the start of the season, but Brown doesn't rate him so likely he'll go.
Smith would only really be needed if DB goes, even then think it's past the point of no return with so many fans on his back.
Phillips been a great servant and deserved to be treated better but has burnt bridges now.
Straker offers something different and is a real threat on his day, even if that doesn't happen all that often.
Auger not really broken into the first team, clearly hasn't impressed enough in training so unless a loan may help him I don't see him staying.
Payne has got potential, keep him and loan him out to get experience.
Eastwood I would be tempted to keep on cheap wages, potentially getting involved in coaching if he's interestedd. No loner up to being first choice and not particularly dangerous, but we could have worse back up and he is a legend here, but if his wages are too high then let him go.

Re Gomis, you are either blessed with a football brain or you arent and he clearly isnt.
Laird is clearly not fancied and that may well have to do with wages. Straker probably deserves another year, his performances have certainly been better than last years.
Bennett is a crock, his wages could be spent on someone who stays fit. The rest, goodbye.

Auger, Straker and Payne. Two promising young players and Straker has done well I think. So I'd keep him.

Back