• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I agree, me and MrsBlue warned of the Hunt problems, how injury prone he has been. I'm not sold on the rat man too (mooney got a bit of a rat face) yes the team where not great last year, but he did not look great, he has been off the boil for some time... When was he last prolific?

How many 90 min games has hunt played over the last few years? We need 2 strikers, of we will slide back down.

Dont say we have piglet, he is not ready, non league, div 2 at best at the moment.
Mooney got 9 goals in 33 games in a relegated team last season, that's not bad.

Hunt has picked up one small knock, I'm not sure you can label him "injury prone" already.

Pigott scored 10 in 33 across his loan spells with us and Newport in League 2. Several other League 1 clubs were reportedly interested in him this summer.

Mooney got 9 goals in 33 games in a relegated team last season, that's not bad.

Hunt has picked up one small knock, I'm not sure you can label him "injury prone" already.

Pigott scored 10 in 33 across his loan spells with us and Newport in League 2. Several other League 1 clubs were reportedly interested in him this summer.

if you have seen these players play piglet/mooney (I'm sure you have seen them) you will know they are dogs at the moment. Nothing to do with formation.

if you have seen these players play piglet/mooney (I'm sure you have seen them) you will know they are dogs at the moment. Nothing to do with formation.
I agree that Mooney has been poor so far, but we are 3 games into the season. It's a whole new look strike force who are all getting to know each other, the rest of the team, Brown's tactics and formations. We can't judge anyone on 3 games at the start of a season at a new club. They've all got good track records and there's no reason to think there's no chance of them coming good eventually.

I actually think Pigott's done pretty well the last 2 games.

I agree that Mooney has been poor so far, but we are 3 games into the season. It's a whole new look strike force who are all getting to know each other, the rest of the team, Brown's tactics and formations. We can't judge anyone on 3 games at the start of a season at a new club. They've all got good track records and there's no reason to think there's no chance of them coming good eventually.

I actually think Pigott's done pretty well the last 2 games.

No I'm not a pig fan, but I don't understand Timlin, played so well last term, up and down the pitch.... Did not start.... One of our best players, not even making the the bench? Is he injured.

ps it's been verified I'm not MrsBlue ....just I don't stand for rubbish Roslin stuff this club does, what the hell is the Brian Horton money being wasted.

So,your mate and and the O's fans and Stokes all never rated Mooney,Why on earth have we signed him on a 2 year deal?

Phil has to realise this division has some very tasty teams with tasty forwards,it would be folly if he thinks the defence can hold out whilst we Nick one at the other end.
Mooney is probably the best of the bunch we could afford and I think that Piggot`s brain does not work as quickly as his feet.

Stop trolling... lots of people, who's opinions I value, have abandon this site because of people like you. Or shall I name and shame you.

you really don't understand, you are acting very sheep like. Trolling? It's how the players played, it's how I rate them and what we need to change at the last 2 (two) matches I was at. IMO ,yes IMO ( in my opinion)is what it's all about.

I think the pig is non league, div 4 (2) at the moment, and I stand by my views on the other players.

You seem to talk without real verified facts, it's very wrong to say that a person is not who they are, it's a jump on the bandwagon, can't think for myself sheep method. I feel for MrsBlue too, her opinion may upset people, she is not sugar coating things, these people are crap and on a decent wage, come on....

Strikers needed, badly. Baaahhhhh

you really don't understand, you are acting very sheep like. Trolling? It's how the players played, it's how I rate them and what we need to change at the last 2 (two) matches I was at. IMO ,yes IMO ( in my opinion)is what it's all about.

I think the pig is non league, div 4 (2) at the moment, and I stand by my views on the other players.

You seem to talk without real verified facts, it's very wrong to say that a person is not who they are, it's a jump on the bandwagon, can't think for myself sheep method. I feel for MrsBlue too, her opinion may upset people, she is not sugar coating things, these people are crap and on a decent wage, come on....

Strikers needed, badly. Baaahhhhh

It would help me immensely if you could be more constructive in your criticism of our players. You are currently losing impact for me because of how you deliver your views. It may be that you don't care in which case I'm wasting my time asking. Thank you in advance.:smiles:

Maybe with our new home kit being all dark blue we can't pick each other out so easy? We've lost all 3 games we've played in it being Sat v WAlsall and the Brighton cup game but also v Orient friendly at home where we got a point at Fleetwood in our bright away kit and pre season at home we wore the away kit v Wet sham and played well and against Charlton which we won. Just putting it out there? :unsure:

I was a little earlier into the ground on Saturday and was watching the warm up. I noticed that after a few rounds of piggy in the middle, Coughlan went over and got the defence warming up together but the shooting practice was just the players on their own. Now Penny has gone, who is coaching the strikers as we looked clueless at times when getting in the Walsall box.

It would help me immensely if you could be more constructive in your criticism of our players. You are currently losing impact for me because of how you deliver your views. It may be that you don't care in which case I'm wasting my time asking. Thank you in advance.:smiles:
I'm afraid Rootshallbloke I don't set out to please you, others may, sorry for the disappointment.

my view is that piglet is not good enough for our bench, timing, strength, just about everything that you need in league 1, I feel he would be better if in non league, div 2... And bulk up a little..

That IS constructive, and it's what I have been saying all along, you must like it all sugar coated, and wrapped in cotton wool..

I was a little earlier into the ground on Saturday and was watching the warm up. I noticed that after a few rounds of piggy in the middle, Coughlan went over and got the defence warming up together but the shooting practice was just the players on their own. Now Penny has gone, who is coaching the strikers as we looked clueless at times when getting in the Walsall box.

spot on mate, I said don't bother with Brian "Roslin" Horton , get a striking coach in.

Time will tell if Walsall are a good L1 side, or just typical of the standard of opposition we'll be facing every week in this division. Their passing and movement was streets ahead of much of what I've seen over the last year or two.

Reassuringly though we had enough scoring opportunities to have made the contest a lot closer than it was. We are going to have to improve in midfield and defence though or we're going to be leaking a lot of goals.

That was the last flying Vulcan bomber just passing on it's way home from the Eastbourne air show and so saluted our non flying one at Southend airport on its way past before it retires from flight itself soon which is sad. Such a magical sight. :smile:

But were Walsall really that good? I'd argue that they were no better than say Shrewsbury last season and we won that game, all be it with a bit of luck. To be honest we'll come up against teams a lot better than Walsall and to suggest it was just simply a case of being outplayed is downplaying yesterday's obvious problems with the team.

The obvious problems with the team being that we are a League 2 team now having to take on League 1 opposition?

I'm afraid Rootshallbloke I don't set out to please you, others may, sorry for the disappointment.

my view is that piglet is not good enough for our bench, timing, strength, just about everything that you need in league 1, I feel he would be better if in non league, div 2... And bulk up a little..

That IS constructive, and it's what I have been saying all along, you must like it all sugar coated, and wrapped in cotton wool..

Thanks for the further enlightenment. It was never my aim that you should please me, so we're both agreed on that. As for sugar coated and cotton wool bit, again I didn't ask for it, nor do I need it. Just asked that you offer some constructive criticism which you've done. Time for us to get back on topic now I think.

The Vucan bomber taking off was the highlight for me.

That was the last flying Vulcan bomber just passing on it's way home from the Eastbourne air show and so saluted our non flying one at Southend airport on its way past before it retires from flight itself soon which is sad. Such a magical sight. :smile:

I actually chose to miss the match and to watch the Vulcan at Herne Bay. Reading the match reports it confirms that I did the right thing. It flew at three airshows yesterday and the display was simply amazing. As you say after this year that s it, it will never fly again . Still possible to see it at Clacton http://www.vulcantothesky.org/

Back