• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Abellio

Seem to get a lot of suicides on that line!
Do you have figures for which lines have the most suicides MK? would be interested to know if it is the highest.

No idea mate, I'll have a dig through the intranet but they may be sensitive figures.

No idea mate, I'll have a dig through the intranet but they may be sensitive figures.

There seems to be a rush hour one every 2 or 3 months and sure there are more at quieter times too. I thought that would be high but it seems like there is pretty much a suicide everyday according to Wiki so probably about average I'd guess?

There seems to be a rush hour one every 2 or 3 months and sure there are more at quieter times too. I thought that would be high but it seems like there is pretty much a suicide everyday according to Wiki so probably about average I'd guess?

All I can find is that is 13/14 there were 279 suicides on the railway, so virtually 1 per day. Let's not forget that people get hit by trains when they had no intention of suicide (drunks/kids playing on the tracks etc). It is an awful situation for everyone involved - the family of the dead person, the train driver etc and it really grinds my gears when all people care about is getting home a little bit late.

All I can find is that is 13/14 there were 279 suicides on the railway, so virtually 1 per day. Let's not forget that people get hit by trains when they had no intention of suicide (drunks/kids playing on the tracks etc). It is an awful situation for everyone involved - the family of the dead person, the train driver etc and it really grinds my gears when all people care about is getting home a little bit late.

No doubt it is a pain in the backside, especially when it ruins plans or makes you shell out £150 on taxi fares so you don't miss a flight. I do agree though, these people have a bit more on their minds and really aren't thinking about the knock on effect, really annoys me when people say how "selfish" they are.

I believe that in Japan, the family of the suicide victim has to pay the train company compensation. Lovely.

I do think suicide in general not just jumping infront of a train when your leaving a family behind is quite selfish.

I do think suicide in general not just jumping infront of a train when your leaving a family behind is quite selfish.

Bit harsh, they all have their reasons and are certainly not thinking straight when they do. I attended quite a few in my Fire Brigade career, including incidents on the tube and C2C lines...Or 'one under' as we used to say. As long as you don't fly a plane into a mountain or kill others I never judged.

Bit harsh, they all have their reasons and are certainly not thinking straight when they do. I attended quite a few in my Fire Brigade career, including incidents on the tube and C2C lines...Or 'one under' as we used to say. As long as you don't fly a plane into a mountain or kill others I never judged.

I'd imagine that must be one of the worst things to have to attend...

I'd imagine that must be one of the worst things to have to attend...

I never wanted to take work home with me, so I never used to want to no names or their reasons. I can tell you if your ever considering it don't jump under a tube. Its never instant and often ends in indescribable pain down in the suicide pit.

One of our lads volunteered to climb down under a train at Mile End one day. He had to hold down a badly injured man with serious mental health issues whilst we turned the power back on and backed up the tube train. I can assure you its something I would certainly not have done myself.

Discussion & understanding of depression and mental health issues has come on giant strides in recent years, you prove there is still a long way to go.

There used to be a big mental health establishment near Chadwell heath , The suicide rate on the line in that area has always been above average.

Depression is a horrible thing.

Back