• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Another question. Try answering your own questions.. it might be easie :smile: You know that all these facts means that... WOW you are smart... Try looking at other teams results tonight and have lost their first 2 games...

Many lost dressing rooms maybe? What do you think?

My own questions? Where?

And we have not just lost 2 games, did last season not happen? If a team goes on a long run like ours, I expect something is up.

same team same result Ron act now before its to late .Brown and cogs have to go the sooner the better .

Disagree.

Its proof in my eyes, if thats different in your eyes, then fine.

I cant see how a team goes 9 games without a win without out some discontent in the dressing room.

My own questions? Where?

And we have not just lost 2 games, did last season not happen? If a team goes on a long run like ours, I expect something is up.

That's better... questions and the proper use of the question mark.

I have not forgotten last season.... There is something wrong I can see this but it's performances on the pitch not dressing room behaviour that is clear.

I was asking the questions to you, as a way to debate. I am raising the points to you, to answer.

Things will get better once we get away from the poisonous atmosphere of Roots Hall , couple of games on the road will sort us out .

Another question. Try answering your own questions.. it might be easier :smile: You know that all these facts means that... WOW you are smart... Try looking at other teams results tonight and have lost their first 2 games...

Many lost dressing rooms maybe? What do you think?

But it's not the results that are the main issue.

It's the spineless gutless clueless inept performances.

I can handle losing as we support southend united. I can't accept that we have players that are performing like this for no reason.

So it's either lack of direction or lack of respect for the management.

Either way . It's Brown's fault. He has the backing for the fans and the chairman and has been nothing but a media hore and touted his arse for every job out there.

As far as I'm concerned he can **** right off.

Things will get better once we get away from the poisonous atmosphere of Roots Hall , couple of games on the road will sort us out .

Comedy moment of the night ( some of us can still laugh) the idiot in the East who was shouting abuse down to the bench which was aimed at PB. Surely one of you could have explained that PB was sitting up in the seats.

Ive been going to games for more years than I care to remember but can honestly say until tonight I have never left before the end since 2003 (0 -3 against Mansfield.) Tonight was a re run of Saturday Ok for 1st half but as soon as they equalised we were going to lose. Gillingham got stronger and we gave up . We looked 2nd best all around the pitch. No one player can hold there head up tonight it was awful. Its going to be a long painful season unless we get at least 4 or 5 new players our squad is not good enough and our manager has obviously lost the ability to inspire. Brown out I think!

There was nothing wrong or negative from the East Stand tonight UNTIL we went behind.
And even the equaliser didn't kick things off, what emanated was a completed loss of guts and grit from the players and the dug out that spread to the stands - not the other way around. The majority of the problem is in the mindset of the paid professionals, on and off the pitch.

Anyone else think it was odd with the attendance tonight.

BBC Radio Essex said it was 2,816??
Chris Phillips said on twitter that it was 3,175??
And the Shrimperzone ticket thing shows that we have sold 3171 home tickets?? (not accounting for any gillingham away tickets sold).
The attendance was 3,175 including 359 away fans, so the 2,816 was the home support.
As for the ticket thing on here, don't forget that the ticket office take a dump just before the match of tickets that they need printed off for on the day sales. So the figure on the ticket thing is always higher than the actual tickets sold.

There was nothing wrong or negative from the East Stand tonight UNTIL we went behind.
And even the equaliser didn't kick things off, what emanated was a completed loss of guts and grit from the players and the dug out that spread to the stands - not the other way around. The majority of the problem is in the mindset of the paid professionals, on and off the pitch.

Yep when you consider that we have only won one out of our last nine home games, the reaction from our supporters has been ok.

Gillingham will be up there this season but that's still no excuse for taking the lead twice in three days and going on to lose both games 1-3 at home. Our team just looks so uninspiring this season. Leonard also seems to have stalled the last couple of seasons

No Gillingham won't.

Seems tome reding the threads that PB learnt nothing from Saturdays result.I believe something is terribly wrong for the players to put in two very inept games at the beginning of the season,i can maybe understand at the end of last season when it was clear they wouldnt be figuring in the playoffs ,albeit that a higher finish would have given SUFC more prize money.PB either needs to win back the players confidence or as may suggest do the right thing by SUFC and resign.

Oh dear Mr. Brown. Something seems very wrong if we hav'nt learnt from Saturday. If this can't be solved by finding a Deegan, a top notch CB and the quick return of the injured trio then we must change manager otherwise our season could be over before we know it. Wonder and worry how long RM will let it slide.

Seems tome reding the threads that PB learnt nothing from Saturdays result.I believe something is terribly wrong for the players to put in two very inept games at the beginning of the season,i can maybe understand at the end of last season when it was clear they wouldnt be figuring in the playoffs ,albeit that a higher finish would have given SUFC more prize money.PB either needs to win back the players confidence or as may suggest do the right thing by SUFC and resign.

Sorry but this has now become another zone myth. We are not in the PL, the TV money is shared equal in L1. Prize money is only for 1st and second place. Not up to date with figures but a few years ago it was only £50,000 for the winners and £10,000 fr second.

Oh dear Mr. Brown. Something seems very wrong if we hav'nt learnt from Saturday. If this can't be solved by finding a Deegan, a top notch CB and the quick return of the injured trio then we must change manager otherwise our season could be over before we know it. Wonder and worry how long RM will let it slide.

Yes if all 3 haven't returned by the Sheffield game then he should be sacked. If PB had an ounce of decency he would resign over the car parking fiasco last night.

Watched his interview last night ,reading his bod language I think he is running out of time now ,he is now saying he can't get the players in he has given the board a list of players but nothing.
he said perhaps I'm aiming to high perhap I should lower the standard of player to bring in.
So don't expect an influx of players coming in the coming weeks we will have to wait and see

Most people appear to believe PB is a defense minded manager, however that's not born out by the first two games of the season, in which the defense has already conceded six goals. Saturday in central defense we tried Thompson with the ageing Barrett..........it didn't work. Last night, plan 'B', Sokolik with the ageing White.........it didn't work. For Vale is it plan 'C'.........Thompson and Sokolik????
We're up and running in the new season and have already seen one shocking league defeat and another early exit from the League Cup, with the chance gone of a future lucrative draw. Gillingham, in spite of injuries had a squad that looked prepared for the new campaign, with a manager who had options from the bench and used them (the third one very effectively). Our bench looked uninspiring.........perhaps that's why changes weren't made until late on? In spite of talking the talk about bringing players in early, the squad is clearly not yet formed and it is already costing us. Even from this distance it is clear to see there are glaring defficiencies in central defense and midfield which have not been addressed.
Until these issues are sorted, it's dificult to assess the strength of our supply starved attack, yet even there, until Ranger is fit, our only alternative option is Williams. Cox must be starting to wonder what he's got himself into. For the moment, I'm not apportioning blame but three or four players of some quality need to be brought in bloody quickly, before things start to get out of hand and confidence is completely lost. In short, a totally shambolic start to a season we were enthusiastically looking forwards to.

Back