• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

AndyT

Lord of the Reedy River
Yeah, it's a bit early as we are still reeling from today's sucker punch, but as conversation on that thread has turned to possible players who might get a start on Tuesday, I thought it could be a good time to get a thread up and running.

FWIW, I'd like to see us try 4-4-2, just to see how Fortune and Cox go, so I would start with :-

Oxley
Demetriou .... Inniss .... Thompson .... Kyprianou
O'Neill .... Atkinson .... Leonard .... McLaughlin
Cox .... Fortune

I'll see your team and raise you mine:
Smith

White Inniss Sokolik Thompson Kyprianou

O'Neil Leonard McLaughlin

Cox Ranger (Fortune if Nile not fit)​

Yeah, I'd certainly expect White and Thompson to start. Sokolik hasn't been anywhere near the bench though so I doubt he will. Willo to start in the middle with Lenny.

So, back to 4-4-2

Oxley
Thompson, Inniss, White, Coker
O'Neill, Leonard, Atkinson, McGlashan/McLaughlin
Cox and either Fortune or Ranger

I don't want to see Ranger involved unless 100% fit as I don't think he was at Sheffield and he's been out for about 6 weeks after it. On today's showing, I would like Cox and Fortuné to be given a go together from the start and also allow Dave Mooney a well earned rest as that bloke has run his nuts off twice this week.

Oxley is improving by the game now. No coincidence for me that it's since Inniss and Ferdinand came in. Although I expect Ferdinand to sit the Orient game out as well.

Oxley
White Inniss Thompson Kyprianou
McGlashan Leonard Atkinson McLaughlin
Cox Fortuné

Yeah, I'd certainly expect White and Thompson to start. Sokolik hasn't been anywhere near the bench though so I doubt he will. Willo to start in the middle with Lenny.

So, back to 4-4-2

Oxley
Thompson, Inniss, White, Coker
O'Neill, Leonard, Atkinson, McGlashan/McLaughlin
Cox and either Fortune or Ranger

OBL, why has Sokolik been nowhere the team or the bench? I do not understand this. He has generally played well when selected.

OBL, why has Sokolik been nowhere the team or the bench? I do not understand this. He has generally played well when selected.

I don't know, he's looked quite good when I've seen him. There's clearly an issue here which we're not party to, maybe those who visit the training ground can shed some light?

Sokolik was signed as a backup, that was obvious by only given him a deal until the new year. He came in before Inniss & Ferdinand so now those 2 are in the team and performing pretty well in fairness Sokolik's chances will be even more limited. I think he'll be let go in January

Good call, above, on JW playing and I make you right.

He would come in for Demetriou and that works better with a back-four as well.

I do not want to see nile ranger anywhere near this game.
Unnecessary in the extreme. Give him the time to fully recover.

He was doing really well at Sheffield, and it was a really unfortunate injury he picked up - not at all the type of thing that would happen more usually. If he has recovered from the injury, then he's ready to be included - I'd certainly think about having him on the bench Tuesday.

Nile Ranger indicated he's 'ready' on his Twitter account? I'd be cautious and give him 20-30m run out at the end, with Cox / Fortune & Cox / Ranger over the 90? Not sure how fit Fortune is right now though. Be good to see how they can benefit Cox who needs a confidence boost and a goal...

Looked online to buy a couple in the West stand it seems that not a lot of tickets sold?

Are most planning to go?

Last edited:
Nile Ranger seemed to indicated he's ready on his Twitter account? I'd be cautious and give him 20-30m run out at the end, with Cox / Fortune & Cox / Ranger over the 90? Not sure how fit Fortune is right now though. Be good to see how they can benefit Cox who needs a confidence boost and a goal...

Looked online to buy a couple in the West stand it seems that not a lot of tickets sold?

Are most planning to go?

We got two in the 'posh' bit of the East stand next to the Directors Box. So I doubt there will be a massive crowd.

Would have a Ranger on the bench. Ideal game for him, also ideal for Fortune and Cox up front. Other than resting Barrett, and going 4-4-2 I would not make many more changes.

Would have a Ranger on the bench. Ideal game for him, also ideal for Fortune and Cox up front. Other than resting Barrett, and going 4-4-2 I would not make many more changes.

We have had two full 90+ games this week so I would expect as many as possible will be given a rest. Obviously Barrett and Mooney. Don't forget Ferdinand and Woody don't need to be over played at this stage. Mc L has had some treatment in the Physio room lately so could be another.

We got two in the 'posh' bit of the East stand next to the Directors Box. So I doubt there will be a massive crowd.

Welcome along, RHB.

Don't forget, for night games it's dinner suit and bow tie for the gentlemen and ball gowns for the ladies.

Dom Perginon and prawns at half-time are on the menu for Tuesday.

We have had two full 90+ games this week so I would expect as many as possible will be given a rest. Obviously Barrett and Mooney. Don't forget Ferdinand and Woody don't need to be over played at this stage. Mc L has had some treatment in the Physio room lately so could be another.

Yep, which is why I picked the team I did in my earlier post. Mooney has run his nuts off for the last three games in 8 days, the guy probably needs to be on the bench this Tuesday. Also, he looked to be walking a little gingerly as he went off so hope he hadn't picked up a knock. Ferdinand, Wordsworth and Inniss all had to pass fitness tests, and while all three lasted the 90 yesterday, I would only expect Inniss out of the three to feature Tuesday. It's not as if we don't have options.

We'll be there, took up the option of a box for only £100 plus VAT which we've filled with family members and a couple of friends. Thought it would make a nice change!

Welcome along, RHB.

Don't forget, for night games it's dinner suit and bow tie for the gentlemen and ball gowns for the ladies.

How does that work then Andy? You wear the gear and toss a few crumbs to us lowly plebs hovering nearby? If so I will bring a doggy bag just in case.

Absolutely! .. Or you can join us with the required attire.

Flutes of Bucks Fizz are served as you enter the ground to the sounds of lightly playing chamber music.

All for £10.00! :cool:

Welcome along, RHB.

Any onions?

Back