• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

His pitch time this season

94 minutes in total.....what did you expect from him?.....his current stats this season are 0 goals in 1 appearance using the logic of 90 minutes football..hard to judge anyone on that pitch time.
And during that time he hasn't looked up to the grade , never looked a threat , didn't look like scoring , frankly he couldn't the back end of an elephant with a banjo.... (but granted he wasn't offside as much as mooney)

I really hope there are no 'scab' Southend fans going to this one. Keep the Checkatrade boycott going!

Who do you think you are to call supporters "scabs"?!

There are plenty going, there are still a few spaces on the Trust coach for anyone still debating.

No supporter should be made to feel guilty about going to see the team at Stevenage. They, just as much as our team, rely on the support of visiting supporters.

matches could be played the same weeks as the Champions/Europa Leagues.

That, I'm afraid, is verboten. The FA gets a big fine when matches are played then European competition games are on. And they're on a lot. It was alright when there weren't champions league every week but then they decided to spread them out to make more money. And of course you can't have any competition for the tv attention

Nothing against PB.

Don't like defensive football at home and against poorer sides.

Player management is also poor.

Do you disagree?

Don't really see the team often enough live to say whether of not they play "defensive football at home and against poorer sides."

Certainly not happy about the AB situation.Suspect if he doesn't play tonight we may not seem him in a Blues shirt again.

Play the yoof and fringe players. The only reason I say that is to actually fulfill whatever obligation we have made to such a meaningless trophy. The "You Are In The Bottom Tiers Trophy".
Scrap it!!

We're through and they're out. The competition has been a laughing stock anyway. Both sides might as well field an entire team of kids

AB was asked by PB to be the spokesman for the team after the Rochdale debacle and PB didn't like what he heard.

We're through and they're out. The competition has been a laughing stock anyway. Both sides might as well field an entire team of kids

Why would we risk being booted out. If we finish top we are at home next round.

Why would we risk being booted out. If we finish top we are at home next round.

Who cares????
IT IS A POINTLESS, USELESS, EMBARRASSINGLY AWFUL TOURNAMENT.
I could not care less if we are drawn home, away or on Mars. IT DOES NOT MATTER!

Bizarre way to treat a true legend !

I thought he was an over the hill, highly paid, old has been on one last big pay day and who is certainly not here for the football.

Surely we can find a young Hungry non league legend.

Who cares????
I could not care less if we are drawn home, away or on Mars. IT DOES NOT MATTER!

DON'T GO then. No ones FORCING you.

I thought he was an over the hill, highly paid, old has been on one last big pay day and who is certainly not here for the football.

Surely we can find a young Hungry non league legend.

Whooaa!
I do not think AB should be in the first team at the moment...but he has played with pride, passion, guts and determination for Southend United. He deserves a great deal of respect.
Personally I wish he had retired in the Wembley dressing room. A fairytale.
Alas, real life means AB looks out for his family and continues...way past his prime.

Oh and i will not go. Ever again. To this trophy.
I can still complain about the trophy adding to the list of reasons football may soon find itself in a big fat mess.

Who cares????

I care! I'm trying to organise the Junior Blues Christmas party!!!

Back