• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How much, on average, per home match

• Up to £10.00

Votes: 9 9.0%
  • £10.01-15.00

Votes: 10 10.0%
  • £15.01-£20.00

Votes: 11 11.0%
  • £20.01-£25.00

Votes: 15 15.0%
  • £25.01-£30.00

Votes: 8 8.0%
  • £30.01-£35.00

Votes: 13 13.0%
  • £35.01-£40.00

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Over £40.00

Votes: 33 33.0%

• Total voters
Can you not get a discount for frequent crossing use?

You can get a local resident discount if you only live within either Thurrock Council or Dartford Council boundaries, quite sure Gillingham doesn't cover that area.

It's not a bad deal actually either £10 a year for 50 crossings (then 20p per crossing after that) or £20 a year for unlimited crossings... well I say "not a bad deal" the bloody thing should be free IMO.

Anyway, as for my match day costs, I would say it costs me just a shade under £50 per match. The usual: (return train ticket, couple of beers pre and post game, match day ticket and programme).

I would like to spend more IF only the bars served better beer, and faster!
If they had quality burgers, hot dogs, or pies I would also purchase those rather than the grossly, testicle and grim stuff that is on offer, I won't buy poor quality food! and proper chips.
Rarely buy a programme these days and when I do I am invariably disappointed, the fanzine is much better IMO.
Please take note new marketing man!

I reckon each game costs me about £35, train from Chelmsford, ticket, programme, and sometimes (but not always) a couple of beers either before or after the game. To be honest, I'm pretty happy to pay this amount for what amounts to a whole afternoons entertainment (well, mostly it's entertaining), plus I guess you get all the news and drama in between times.

Yeah when I go to the football I generally have a night in so it's cheaper than a night out. Also I've probably seen you on the train and not realised.

If they had quality burgers, hot dogs, or pies I would also purchase those rather than the grossly, testicle and grim stuff that is on offer, I won't buy poor quality food! and proper chips.
Rarely buy a programme these days and when I do I am invariably disappointed, the fanzine is much better IMO.

A lot of us think the same. I don't spend much in the ground as you can't even get a pint in the One Ten (formerly the Platinum) bar. Best to save up your food money and go in the Centre Circle bar and have a meal on a special occasion. If you have a season ticket the upgrade will be cheaper as they knock off the price of that day's match.

There was 14 of us at the Chesterfield game. I think the bill was £1,000 with drinks.

I'm not including tickets as we're season card holders so there's no physical spend on those on the day. We also don't pay for parking. Fuel in from Benfleet, couple of drinks in the Shrimpers beforehand, hot drinks and a bar of chocolate at half time for both of us and my dad...all adds up.

We've had the occasional burger at the ground and find they're not too bad these days - I've had worse on away trips!

I can only agree about the food and drink comments - never do I buy food at the ground.

I often try the beer in the East Stand .......... and often wonder why but we all know the reason why there is minimal (or no) investment in the ground.

Trains from Crawley £15
Lunch near Liverpool St £7
Pint (or 2) in the Far Post £3.50 (£7)

Something like £25 for me (excluding ticket).

Ticket- £25
Coffee at burger van on A140- 80p (£1.30 if Milky)
Parking at my mums on Oaken Grange Drive- Free
Beer in west stand bar- £3.50
Fish and chips- £6.00
2x Bovril- £3.60
Petrol- £22.00
Coffee at Ipshite services on way home- £ 2.80
£64.00
No wonder I can't do it every week.:sad:

Ticket - £25
Return Flight from Perth - £900
Staying at my Aunts - trips to Mecca for Bingo

It may be quite a while until I can afford to get over again. :sad:

For my first trip of the season taking in Swindon home and Walsall away, it's going to be:

Return ferry Ireland to Wales - £250
Fuel for ca 1000 miles - £120 (200 miles in Ireland, 300 in UK, X2)
Match tickets - £ 50
Blagged accommodation from friends and family - £ 0
Double Sausage & Egg McMuffins - £500 (God, I miss them)
Other Food and drink - £200
Thank you present to wife on return
for allowing me to go - £ 1.99 (she doesn't deserve me)

For my first trip of the season taking in Swindon home and Walsall away, it's going to be:

Return ferry Ireland to Wales - £250
Fuel for ca 1000 miles - £120 (200 miles in Ireland, 300 in UK, X2)
Match tickets - £ 50
Blagged accommodation from friends and family - £ 0
Double Sausage & Egg McMuffins - £500 (God, I miss them)
Other Food and drink - £200
Thank you present to wife on return
for allowing me to go - £ 1.99 (she doesn't deserve me)

Obviously. :stunned:

agree the only reason I take a flask is the q and the speed at half time in the west.

Back