• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Floval Flyer

Licensed to ill⭐
From my count we currently have the following players out injured or suspended;

Mark Oxley - Elbow
Ted Smith - Hand
Anton Ferdinand - Calf
Ben Coker - Knee
Ryan Innis - Shoulder

Ryan Leonard - 2 more game suspension
Phil Brown - ? touchline ban

Anyone know when we will see this lot back or whether we have other players carrying knocks or on 'x' number of yellow cards?

I reckon we need 10 points from the final 5 games to insure we get a top 6 finish, and although last night was a gutsy performance we really missed Coker, Anton and Lenny.

Really want to see Coker and Anton back for Charlton, anyone got any inside info on them?

I think we can beat Charlton without Coker and Anton; however, it would be great if they were to be back.

Sat in front of Dan Matsuzaka last night and mentioned to him about being on the bench on Saturday when Innis went off - he said unlikely as Anton will be back.

From my count we currently have the following players out injured or suspended;

Mark Oxley - Elbow
Ted Smith - Hand
Anton Ferdinand - Calf
Ben Coker - Knee
Ryan Innis - Shoulder

Ryan Leonard - 2 more game suspension
Phil Brown - ? touchline ban

Anyone know when we will see this lot back or whether we have other players carrying knocks or on 'x' number of yellow cards?

I reckon we need 10 points from the final 5 games to insure we get a top 6 finish, and although last night was a gutsy performance we really missed Coker, Anton and Lenny.

Really want to see Coker and Anton back for Charlton, anyone got any inside info on them?

Not long term so could be back for Charlton if not Chesterfield.

I think we missed Lenny the most last night. Will has not done that role all season so understandably took time to settle but was fine after that. But Wordsworth seemed to hold back, not deliberately but probably just felt he had be a bit more defensive. Never really got into those shooting positions we have seen lately.

Let's hope no player turns up to training today feeling a little too battle weary to be classed as fit. :sad:

And I understand from people that have children that there is a nasty "bug" going round the schools.

would expect AF to be fit as was a possible for last night, however, would probably stick with John White for Charlton game to give AF a bit longer to recover. No way that Charlton will present a bigger problem to our back line than Bolton did last night

God I feel a lot worse after sleeping off yesterdays defeat, massive blow but when you consider the players out it was never going to be easy despite Charlton being so poor. Chesterfield is now a must win game, if we can bag 3 points and can get Coker, Wordworth and Ranger back then happy days, getting Lenny back for MK is going to be a huge boost.

So, as of this morning the missing players are as follows;

Injuries

Mark Oxley - Elbow (Rest of Season?)
Ted Smith - Hand (Rest of Season?)
Ben Coker - Knee (2 weeks?)
Ryan Innis - Shoulder (Rest of Season)
Nile Ranger - (?)
Anthony Wordsworth (?)
John White (?)

Suspended
Ryan Leonard - 1 more game

Any update on the latest injuries to Nile, Wordworth or JW?

God I feel a lot worse after sleeping off yesterdays defeat, massive blow but when you consider the players out it was never going to be easy despite Charlton being so poor. Chesterfield is now a must win game, if we can bag 3 points and can get Coker, Wordworth and Ranger back then happy days, getting Lenny back for MK is going to be a huge boost.

So, as of this morning the missing players are as follows;

Injuries

Mark Oxley - Elbow (Rest of Season?)
Ted Smith - Hand (Rest of Season?)
Ben Coker - Knee (2 weeks?)
Ryan Innis - Shoulder (Rest of Season)
Nile Ranger - (?)
Anthony Wordsworth (?)
John White (?)

Suspended
Ryan Leonard - 1 more game

Any update on the latest injuries to Nile, Wordworth or JW?

Nile Ranger knee and ankle. Wordsworth neck. Scans this week.

So both doubts for next game, rather worrying as Chesterfield will be up for a fight as they must win or they're relegated

What about John W ?

Not heard about John White yet. Woody could be fit for the next game. Ranger's knee is more of a worry now than his ankle. But you know what Phil Brown is like, he plays our most important players in desperation even if they are not fit.

Not heard about John White yet. Woody could be fit for the next game. Ranger's knee is more of a worry now than his ankle. But you know what Phil Brown is like, he plays our most important players in desperation even if they are not fit.

So when exactly has he done that. Not yesterday, nor last Tuesday v Bolton.

So when exactly has he done that. Not yesterday, nor last Tuesday v Bolton.

He hasn't done it this week, but certainly has in the past. Mainly when the back up squad was not so good, or a very important game was coming up. So he has gambled on players. If you talk to him, he's one of those that believes it's a mans game, that knocks, bruises, slight injuries, you carry on. I recall him once saying that if you're a central defender and you have no busted nose or scars, you might not be mixing it enough.

He hasn't done it this week, but certainly has in the past. Mainly when the back up squad was not so good, or a very important game was coming up. So he gambled on players.

Hasn't every player played when they aren't 100% fit. I sure every zoner who has ever had a kick about on a Sunday has ignored Docters, wife's and mums advice and played. Then been glad they got through the whole game.

Hasn't every player played when they aren't 100% fit. I sure every zoner who has ever had a kick about on a Sunday has ignored Docters, wife's and mums advice and played. Then been glad they got through the whole game.

Of course they have. I'm not a Brown hater, I was one of the smaller percentage that backed him to stay when we were down the bottom. I just made a small point that he will bring players back sooner than maybe is best for the player, if he's an important player or it's a big game.
You're making a big thing about nothing again.

Of course they have. I'm not a Brown hater, I was one of the smaller percentage that backed him to stay when we were down the bottom. I just made a small point that he will bring players back sooner than maybe is best for the player, if he's an important player or it's a big game.
You're making a big thing about nothing again.
But doesn't every manager do the same. IIRC Sturrock played Mark Phillips to try to get us to Wembley for the JPT final when he clearly wasn't fit.

...will end up in the dog-house ! :'(

Back