• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Being fair, we have choked when there's been big crowds a lot under Brown. But equally, they have been end of season games with a lot riding on them, today is nothing like that.

If we lose, I certainly won't be disheartened given the players missing and quality of the opposition. A draw would be a good result.

Being fair, we have choked when there's been big crowds a lot under Brown. But equally, they have been end of season games with a lot riding on them, today is nothing like that.

If we lose, I certainly won't be disheartened given the players missing and quality of the opposition. A draw would be a good result.

I said that previously and got shot down for having that attitude!

Like the play off final at Wembley :winking:

Prediction: 3-2 win with a winner in the last 5 mins.

I thought that the last game of last season would be my final game before I become an exile, but it turns out today is. Looking forward to a full Roots Hall and seeing Kightly rip it up. So probably a 0-1 defeat.

We need to be very good at defending set pieces today. Mulgrew and Whittingham will be real threat taking them. I hope Brown would of been working on this yesterday.

A rallying cry. Guys, can I just remind you that we're playing the favourites to win this league. They are a shorter price from the bookies than Sheffield Unites was last season, and they walked it. Blackburn have spent a lot of money to improve their team. Someone said they bought 8 quality players. Let's hope we catch them on a day when they're still getting used to each other. We will have a better team this season as well, and with the likes of Cox and Ferdinand having a proper pre-season. All I'm saying is let's get things into perspective. Let's not get on our players backs if we go a goal or two down. Keep encouraging, keep clapping the good stuff. Many teams will get beat by Blackburn this season. Having said all that, we certainly have a good enough team to beat them today, on our day we can match anyone in this league. Let's get right behind Southend from the off. I have a strong feeling this is going to be a promotion season, I don't get that often. We can all do this together. Us fans have to play our part, we can raise our game. To the moaners in the East and the West when letting in a goal, come on guys, be more positive and get behind your team. We can all do this together, players and fans............. ''COME ON SOUTHEND.''

I've not seen a home game for about 6 years. Wheres best place to park thats nearish to the ground?

Depends which way you want to go after the game. Normally there are spaces down past the Railway but I live in Thorpe Bay.

I've not seen a home game for about 6 years. Wheres best place to park thats nearish to the ground?

McDonald Drive is normally ok, you can park outside the school on the yellow zig zags on a day like today, which a lot people seem to forget.

Club have tweeted and FB'd that parts of Fairfax Drive are closed so to allow extra time for your journey.

After a particularly unremarkable series of preseason games, some key injuries and some new faces to blend in, I am really uncertain of what kind of performance we can or will produce. Let's hope enough of our team find their A game and are motivated by the level of opposition. I would hate us to start this season as badly as the last but this first game might be best used as a yardstick to see where we need to step up. Head says 0-2 but my heart dares to hope for a 1-1.

Back