• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Thought he was poor last night, and wouldn't have done himself any favours. He made a very good impact from the bench last year late in games, and caused defences problems and also had a few assists.

I think that is where he is positioned in the squad, as a plan B player upfront. He has pace, but is very very slow over the first couple of yards and is often beaten to balls you expect him to win.

Agreed, Robinson has good pace and we did see it last night but he's not as good when he starts.
I saw absolutely nothing "good" about Robinson's performance last night,and he was equally dreadful when he came on as sub on Saturday,continually giving the ball away and heading the easiest of chances,expertly set up by Fortune',straight to the keeper.

I saw absolutely nothing "good" about Robinson's performance last night,and he was equally dreadful when he came on as sub on Saturday,continually giving the ball away and heading the easiest of chances,expertly set up by Fortune',straight to the keeper.

So, will it be Robinson or Hendrie as our player of preference for the 'useless donkey' stakes on the Zone this season? My preference would be Kightly or John White but you can't have everything I suppose.Cry

He was at least 12 yards out when he attempted that header. It was a good chance but it really wasn't 'the easiest of chances'.

That would have been an incredible goal to beat a decent keeper with his head from there. He made it an easy save by heading it down the middle of the goal but even had he sent it low and to the corner it's still unlikely to have been a goal.

That would have been an incredible goal to beat a decent keeper with his head from there. He made it an easy save by heading it down the middle of the goal but even had he sent it low and to the corner it's still unlikely to have been a goal.

Yes, I thought Robinson was utter tosh last night but MAF also headed one straight at the keeper on Saturday from about a yard out, and Cox did the same last night from within the 6 yard box so agree with your comments.

My problem with Robinson is that it seems that he can only play one way and that is chasing balls down channels i.e. an ideal sub when we're chasing the game. How PB expects that style to fit in to a system where we already have two wide men trying to go down the same channels, being the Macs, then I have no idea (though I thought that both Macs were very poor as well).

That said, my son and I spent quite a while just watching Theo off the ball last night and his lack of movement was disappointing, and his lack of jumping/challenging for high balls was terrible - he's not that small but in my opinion didn't put the effort in which I thought was strange as it was a great opportunity for him to establish himself over Ba.

That's the spirit ... win on Saturday , heroes, lose last night , let's find a scapegoat ! Good old shrimperzone. Wasn't there , so can't comment, in Ibiza , enjoying Spanish rain as opposed to the auk rain.

I was there Saturday and I saw so many positives . Yesterday, poor result , end of the world, nope !

Let's get a grip and for f-sake support

Theo for me, great sub, stretch the game on tired defenders when they are tired with his pace, gives us something, so for me, makes him a good signing. Ranger , Cox , MAF and Theo is a great 4 ball, with all different qualities , we have a mixture of pace, strength, guile and experience. Let's look at the wider picture rather than focus on one person and their capabilities. We are team, a collective, all bringing something different to the party !

I don't think that Theo has much of a football brain - he is quick and had a reasonable goal scoring record, however he has hardly started any football league games in the last four seasons (53).
When he came on on Saturday he didn't seem to know his role and Brown was constantly having a go at him.
I don't understand why he has been given such a long contract.

The problem for Theo was that he was being asked to play the Fortune/Ranger role ... hold the ball up/win it in the air. That's not his game, nor is it Cox's who clearly didn't relish it when he had to do that a couple of times last season. Robinson "gives us something different" but what we need at the moment is backup for MAF as we don't know when/if Ranger will be available. One thing is clear .... getting on the backs of players who aren't performing as well as we'd like is one way of guaranteeing they never will.

Surely football is a simple game. Play to your strengths. Theo hardly had a ball all night that utilised his strengths.

Agree - that's why I said that he doesn't seem to fit in if we are playing the two Macs out wide.

Not his fault and I guess that he can easily end up getting demoralised.

Agree - that's why I said that he doesn't seem to fit in if we are playing the two Macs out wide.

Not his fault and I guess that he can easily end up getting demoralised.

When we play the two Macs out wide it is usually disaster - Brown sussed it didn't work last year - last time was Rochdale away - yet chose to do it again with the same result.

The problem us that Theo only always appears to be a second or third choice squad member. He has come off the bench or started in games where we rest first choice players.

I have nothing against Theo but he is definitely just a back up player. So why the contract extension for a player that looks set to play bit parts when called upon? Strange.

And so it begins.
Mind you, the player bashing started after our first game last year, so perhaps we are getting more tolerant.

Is not bashing and I think we have an excellent squad. I just do not think many people believe that Theo is a first choice starter. On that basis it seemed a bit strange to extend the contract of a regular non-starter regardless of last night where it would appear much of the team was poor

If we've got a number of high quality players on good money then we need to pad the squad out with at least as many good, honest Pros on less money who know the system, their role in it and are happy to play 10-20 games. That's Theo Robinson.

Is not bashing and I think we have an excellent squad. I just do not think many people believe that Theo is a first choice starter. On that basis it seemed a bit strange to extend the contract of a regular non-starter regardless of last night where it would spear much of the team was poor.

On the face of it it was a strange move but without knowing the specifics of the new contract vs the old contract it's difficult to be too critical of it.

Back