• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Playing players in their actual positions would be a good start

Oxley
Demitrou Ferdinand White Turner Hendrie
Wright Leonard Timlin
Cox Fortune

I'd revert back to the normal 4-4-2, as opposed to the diamond.

Depending on fitness :-

Oxley
Demetriou Ferdinand Turner Timlin
Kightly Wright Leonard McLaughlin
Cox Ranger

I'm assuming Wordy isn't fit.

The only other thought is if he wants to be adventurous, try Hendrie at left-back and shore things up in front of Ferdy and Turner, by playing Timlin and Lenny there, leaving Wright out.
Playing a left back at left back instead of a central midfielder is far too adventurous for Phil Brown to even consider.

337 away tickets sold in advance as tweeted by the club a couple of hours ago. Be good to have about 500 up there which won't be bad for a Tuesday night.

Oxley
Wright Leonard Timlin
Cox Fortune

This was almost the identical team I thought of yesterday as well, though I would have Turner middle and White ( right ) and Ferdinand (left ) for the CB 3.

More to Wordsworth's absence than meets the eye, I reckon.

Shame as basically he's the only player we have that can actually score goals.

Chris Phillips‏Verified account @CJPhillips1982 2h2 hours ago

Brown: "I’m looking for a reaction and a response. I will be making changes."

I am sure that I have heard this statement far too many times before - how about play well enough that no reaction is needed.

Really sorry to hear that Wordsworth's absence is down to what appears to be personal issues - hope from a non footballing perspective that it gets resolved quickly.

Oxley
Wright Leonard Timlin
Cox Fortune

not a bad shout this, especially if the wide men can get forward. Looks more solid in the middle.

337 away tickets sold in advance as tweeted by the club a couple of hours ago. Be good to have about 500 up there which won't be bad for a Tuesday night.

Hopefully we will get a lot more once people realise admission tickets are only £10 !!!!!!

Also train tickets are dead cheap from Euston and only take 38mins / 50 mins for those coming from London after work.

:loyalsupporter:I don't know why but ive just got a feeling Fortune + Ba will play up front together + rip MK apart

Hopefully we will get a lot more once people realise admission tickets are only £10 !!!!!!

Also train tickets are dead cheap from Euston and only take 38mins / 50 mins for those coming from London after work.

:loyalsupporter:I don't know why but ive just got a feeling Fortune + Ba will play up front together + rip MK apart

A return ticket from basildon to Mk tomorrow is £42. Hardly cheap.

Nah, thats your best bet. If you use the A414 you'll get stuck in towns. A5 isn't too bad from J11A off the M1 as it'll bring you up through Bletchley (on the western side of MK) as J13 or 14 is the eastern edge of MK, though there's not much in it.

....and we're going to smash the ****ers. :smile:

Cheers, MK. :thumbsup:

As me & MK said, M25 via the M1 is the best option, I would only use the A5 as an emergency back up, most of it is a single carriage A road towards MK, (think of the Eastwood road, only with more traffic). If you get stuck behind a slow driver or a lorry, it could cost you a shed load of time.

Sounds like Brown's in the mood to make changes but I think changing formation just three days after the last game is a bit risky. I'd go with this:

Oxley
White - Turner - Ferdinand - Hendrie
Wright - Timlin - Leonard - McLaughlin
Cox - Fortune

Subs: Bishop, Bwomono/Demetriou, Yearwood, McGlashan, Kightly, Ranger, Ba

They play with one up front, their best striker is currently injured and they've scored the same number of goals as us this season so I can see it being a tight game where one goal could win it.

How Hendrie isn't starting at left back is beyond me.

Oxley
White, Turner, Ferdinand, Hendrie
Wright, Leonard, Wordsworth, McLaughlin
Cox, Fortune/Robinson
Hendrie has yet to show any kind of ability for this division... He has been pants!

Hendrie has yet to show any kind of ability for this division... He has been pants!

Timlin has been dreadful though. Hendrie wasn't really given the opportunity before losing confidence - makeshift team and no protection in front of him.

With no Woody, I'd just put Wright in the middle and give Kightly another opportunity on the right. I don't believe for one moment Ba will start, just more of Brown's attempting to throw the opposition off.

Back