• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bradford have the best away record in the league, it's interesting that you have us down for the win but yet we only draw against Charlton and Shrewsbury?

& we're unbeaten at home. Something has to give and our games with Bradford usually have plenty of goals. I remember last season they were also on a decent run and we turned them over 3-0 at our place

I think our dodgy pitch now works to our advantage as well. That is as long as someone doesn't roll an ankle on it soon

& we're unbeaten at home. Something has to give and our games with Bradford usually have plenty of goals. I remember last season they were also on a decent run and we turned them over 3-0 at our place

I think our dodgy pitch now works to our advantage as well. That is as long as someone doesn't roll an ankle on it soon

Both teams have to play on it so no excuse in my eyes (though it is the worst playing surface I've ever seen at the Hall).

Didn't PB have a practice match at RH (a few weeks ago) and people were saying it was a bad idea? Maybe in hindsight it wasn't and we should train on it a bit more, it hasn't done us any harm so far this season.

Both teams have to play on it so no excuse in my eyes (though it is the worst playing surface I've ever seen at the Hall).

Didn't PB have a practice match at RH (a few weeks ago) and people were saying it was a bad idea? Maybe in hindsight it wasn't and we should train on it a bit more, it hasn't done us any harm so far this season.

My point is we're playing on it every other week. It's a bit of a shock to the system for away teams that play on the deck and it stops them playing

My point is we're playing on it every other week. It's a bit of a shock to the system for away teams that play on the deck and it stops them playing

Yes I got what you was saying Ayrshire. Who knows, this could have been planned for, football and tactics are everything these days.

I'm worried about Bradford - if I remember correctly they ruined both unbeaten home runs of Wigan and Shrewsbury!!

I'm worried about Bradford - if I remember correctly they ruined both unbeaten home runs of Wigan and Shrewsbury!!

Maybe I'm being too optimistic but I feel we're finding our feet now after another slow start. We do have quality throughout the squad and players are returning with a bit of form. Yet, we still have the likes of coker still injured and in my eyes he'd walk into any first team 11 in this lg.

Fingers crossed (hopefully) for an exciting second half of the season.

Hendrie having a good game is a boost for me.

Being at RH we'll always be a top 10 Lg 1 side with an odd season in the Championship at best.
Always be? History shows a different story, being in top ten in Div 3 has never been that common. Maybe we have turned a corner and higher finishes are hopefully now more regular. But I would never say we will not finish lower or even get relegated again as that could easily happen.

Being at RH we'll always be a top 10 Lg 1 side with an odd season in the Championship at best. We just can't move forward as club at RH..

With our new ground I certainly can see us being a top 10 Championship side though (that's if it's 4 sided).

I really don't have a problem with people being excited over our future, but they've got to be realistic with where we're playing our football right now. RH is a dump and the facilities are very poor, give us a new shiny stadium and more people will come along. We know we have the catchment area and I know for a fact that the ticket office have 30,000 + on there data base who have attended a Southend match.

I LIKE TO THINK OF IT LIKE THIS. Football aside, would you rather go to RH and watch a concert with Elton John OR a new stadium with great facilities and don't get high on urine fumes? People prefer comfort these days when paying good money for entertainment.

I would rather go to the old Den in 1982 than see Elton John at FF......But each to their own :winking:

I get what your saying about RH and the new stadium and I was at RH in1979 with over 31,000....So of course the town has potential.....However at anyone time, 48 teams have to be in the lower 2 divisions. History guarantees we will be one of those teams for periods in our future. If every one of the 92 ends up with a shiny new stadium, then clubs in the lower leagues will lose the bonus we have over the likes of West Ham.......Watching football in places like Coventry or MK has been utterly soulless for me.

My point is people should enjoy what they have at the time. Our next 5 fixtures are a good example and no it won't be a disaster in my world if we don't win them all.

I would rather go to the old Den in 1982 than see Elton John at FF......But each to their own :winking:

I get what your saying about RH and the new stadium and I was at RH in1979 with over 31,000....So of course the town has potential.....However at anyone time, 48 teams have to be in the lower 2 divisions. History guarantees we will be one of those teams for periods in our future. If every one of the 92 ends up with a shiny new stadium, then clubs in the lower leagues will lose the bonus we have over the likes of West Ham.......Watching football in places like Coventry or MK has been utterly soulless for me.

My point is people should enjoy what they have at the time. Our next 5 fixtures are a good example and no it won't be a disaster in my world if we don't win them all.

Again, I get what you're saying mate but we have to look at the bigger picture. You're looking at it from your own gratification and a slightly selfish one. I bet there's 100's of wheelchair bound people who would love to come and watch a live football match. Be it a mother and father who would like to take there son or daughter, or even a family / friend who'd like to take a wheelchair bound friend.

RH just doesn't give us that. Half the time I don't like going into one of the toilets at RH because they stink, run down and quite frankly not fit for purpose, let alone for wheelchair bond people.

Again, I get what you're saying mate but we have to look at the bigger picture. You're looking at it from your own gratification and a slightly selfish one. I bet there's 100's of wheelchair bound people who would love to come and watch a live football match. Be it a mother and father who would like to take there son or daughter, or even a family / friend who'd like to take a wheelchair bound friend.

RH just doesn't give us that. Half the time I don't like going into one of the toilets at RH because they stink, run down and quite frankly not fit for purpose, let alone for wheelchair bond people.

Again I'm not disagreeing with you. The stadium does have to be upgraded and that can't be done (financially) at RH. But there is a world of difference between an empty 25,000 seats set back from the pitch and one designed for our level.

Same goes for hospitality. I would rather sit down to dinner in the captains suite at RH than plenty of other places like the soulless sports halls you get at places like Port Vale or Crew.

I have probably been in more main stands than most on here.

Would've thought Coker would walk back in once he's deemed to be match fit.Still agree that Hendrie played well on Saturday.Hasn't got too long to stake his claim though.

I know I'm in the minority, but I always see Coker as an average player, in truth. Decent enough, but not that good that he automatically demands a first team place. He certainly wouldn't give us anything better going forward than Hendrie. He is probably a better defender at the moment, but Hendrie will improve in that regard.

Corr and Worrall also fit in that category for me. Players I rated less than most people seem to.

Predict Southends results? Well when the season started you couldve said we'll be top 10 in December. Tick. After that, its so tight. We do tend to raise our game against the better sides though. The squad looks better, more competition for places and less square pegs in round holes, with this set of players its a confidence thing, if they feel they can get the win they seem to try harder. I fancy us to do well. But SUFC absolutely never do things the simple way and itll be a nailbiter right the way through.

Again I'm not disagreeing with you. The stadium does have to be upgraded and that can't be done (financially) at RH. But there is a world of difference between an empty 25,000 seats set back from the pitch and one designed for our level.

Same goes for hospitality. I would rather sit down to dinner in the captains suite at RH than plenty of other places like the soulless sports halls you get at places like Port Vale or Crew.

I have probably been in more main stands than most on here.

That's what I mean Rigers, it suits you........ I don't mean to be in your face and questioning you, but it is about what you want.

Think about what a new stadium can bring to those less fortunate to attend a football match with disabilities currently at RH..

That's what I mean Rigers, it suits you........ I don't mean to be in your face and questioning you, but it is about what you want.

Think about what a new stadium can bring to those less fortunate to attend a football match with disabilities currently at RH..

What suites me actually suites 90% of fans. None of us are saying we cant have decent facilities for disabled fans at a new stadium..... What you can have is new stadiums that are more suited to traditional English tight to the pitch, proper bars and more fun for fans, whether they be able bodied or disabled.

I will probably pop along to Scunny again this year ......... I keep thinking we will win there one year ........ and why not this season? Surprised at how well Scunny are doing again this season and I can't wonder at how the players and manager are not being targeted by other clubs.

I see Thompson is on the bench at Bradford where (I think) he is on loan. I wonder if Bury might call him back at some time now that the manager has changed.

Back