• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Striker
Partly to demonstrate intent, and partly to clear the books...

John White?
Stephen Hendrie?
Theo Robinson?

Why should anyone have? Just because PB couldn't get the best out of a lot of the players this season it doesn't mean another manager can't.

Hopefully a clean slate for everyone.

For some of our players this could be the start of the their season.

Yes, no hurry to dispose of anyone - especially if we're not going to bring in (m)any during the window.

All the 1st team squad should get a fair crack in the remaining fixtures at some point. They should all start with a clean slate !:thumbsup:

All the 1st team squad should get a fair crack in the remaining fixtures at some point. They should all start with a clean slate !:thumbsup:
Hopefully , playing for Chris will give all of them a big lift :happy::happy::happy:

That's all well and good but what if he looks at them in training and isn't impressed? John White isn't the future of the club, Theo Robinson's contract situation is pretty toxic. He'll need to pick a starting XI very quickly that'll be the basis for trying to save us from relegation.

Plus the original question was specifically if there were any players who you thought wouldn't play for us (again). Not whether or not you thought that was right.

The answer is that SCP will make his own mind up, once he sees everyone, then he'll decide what we need.

We've got no idea, as he'll see players differently and may even use them in different roles.

I wouldn't jettison anybody, for the moment and I doubt he will either.

I was wondering if Tilly was there at Northampton to cast an eye for SCP. Maybe give him a heads up. Who knows.

That's all well and good but what if he looks at them in training and isn't impressed? John White isn't the future of the club, Theo Robinson's contract situation is pretty toxic. He'll need to pick a starting XI very quickly that'll be the basis for trying to save us from relegation.

Plus the original question was specifically if there were any players who you thought wouldn't play for us (again). Not whether or not you thought that was right.

I don’t dispute that John White isn’t the ‘future’ , but given that he has been one of our most consistent defenders this season , I would argue ( given our plight) that he is very much the ‘now’.

Back on thread now . Think Anton would be top of my list for a rapid departure, not been very good this season and far too slow. Theo probably would be next, only a lunatic would have given him an extended contract.

Why do so many go on about Bridge? He did next to nothing when he came on in games, and he never stood out at training when I was watching. He didn't seem to fight for his place. He seemed to be fine for about 10 minutes, and that was that.

John White is a proper loyal player who always gives his all and always performs when called upon. Maybe not a player to build a promotion push around bit his attitude, professionalism and versatility all all key components you need in a squad player. I’m blown away that the post thinks he should have played his last game for the Blues

John White is a proper loyal player who always gives his all and always performs when called upon. Maybe not a player to build a promotion push around bit his attitude, professionalism and versatility all all key components you need in a squad player. I’m blown away that the post thinks he should have played his last game for the Blues

I'd usually agree that he's the type of squad player that you'd want. Solid, versatile, professional. The ideal 5th defender. However I'm not sure where he fits in given who is already under contract.

With Demetriou and Bwomono under contract he's not needed at right-back.

With Hendrie and Kyprianou under contract there's cover even if we don't re-sign Coker.

That leaves centre-half. Unfortunately Ferdinand is still under contract there and Turner has an option for an extra year which is surely enough veteran centre-halves.

As a former captain I expect he's on a decent wage. Ultimately I suspect those resources may need to be re-directed elsewhere. That's not a reflection on him as a player but the economic reality of Southend United.

i wouldn't say I'm a fan of white but he has proved me wrong many a time, has the greatest ability but always gives 100% when put in the starting line up, a good solid right back and not to shabby at centre back either but going forward in league one ? It's a no no, I don't think it'll be to long until we see him back in league two I just hope it's with another club and not us:sad:

Why John white gets any negativity is beyond me. Players like him are worth there weight in gold.

Solid in almost every game. Not got much flare but gets stuck in and gives his all. Some of our so called star players go missing, but John does his job.

Why John white gets any negativity is beyond me. Players like him are worth there weight in gold.
Solid in almost every game. Not got much flare but gets stuck in and gives his all. Some of our so called star players go missing, but John does his job.

Mark Gower used to get grief on here and plenty of it. Clueless comments are nothing new.

I'd usually agree that he's the type of squad player that you'd want. Solid, versatile, professional. The ideal 5th defender. However I'm not sure where he fits in given who is already under contract.

With Demetriou and Bwomono under contract he's not needed at right-back.

With Hendrie and Kyprianou under contract there's cover even if we don't re-sign Coker.

That leaves centre-half. Unfortunately Ferdinand is still under contract there and Turner has an option for an extra year which is surely enough veteran centre-halves.

As a former captain I expect he's on a decent wage. Ultimately I suspect those resources may need to be re-directed elsewhere. That's not a reflection on him as a player but the economic reality of Southend United.
None of what you have just said justifies JW having played his last game for the club. He may go at the end of the season but he certainly hasn't played his last game for the club. He will be very useful for the rest of the season and I would personally much rather see him starting at centre back than Ferdinand.

Back