• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

England V Croatia -Wednesday 11th July 2018

Hopefully over the next four years the team will grow and learn and it won't matter if we have to play the "big boys" in Qatar and USA/Canada/Mexico.
Do hope you are right,but sadly i expect England to flop,again,in the next Nations cup.
Also in 4 years,the FA told us we will be world champions,again,no hope.
We NEVER learn,always the same thing...next time,we will learn from this,if only etc.
Do you really think these young England players(u-20s etc) will get starts in the Prem league??Like to think so,but expect the answer will be no.
Look at Rashford,good player,a year ago??young player of the year..also in line or got YPOTY EUFA??
great future,great player...so what do Man Utd do,sign another overseas player and he is on the bench.
Do hope you are right,but sadly cannot see it happening.
The Germans wrote today..that Kane,the superstar,had up till the Croatia game only one shot at-on goal...and that was the one i think went off his heel....so they say!! From free play i must add,not pens,corners etc

Last edited:
Believe it or not, you're a tedious troll.

France will be favourites against England or Croatia on Sunday, but both teams will have half a chance. Irrespective of what happens tonight it'll be a fascinating final.

FWIW,I agree with you about France being favourites for the final and I'd also back Belgium to beat England on Saturday. :Takethat:

Last edited:
For what its worth thought Sterling was one of the better players, its your midfield that i dont rate very much dont think one of them has any mongrel in him and at times you need a midfielder with some of that .Also to answer a question about how many games ive seen in the world cup all off Englands to begin with and may others besides,here in Manila the early game in Russia starts at 10-oopm here the later game at 2-00am and i watched all off Englands. sorry the midfield does not impress me and Southgates negative tactics either .

Jesse Lingard was my player of the tournament (so far). Lets see how he gets on in the final game on Saturday before i make a final judgement

This question, deserves a thread of it's own.

Jesse Lingard was my player of the tournament (so far). Lets see how he gets on in the final game on Saturday before i make a final judgement

Really? I have Pickford, Maguire, Stones, Walker and Henderson all way above him! Even Ashley Young who, at 33, was one of the oldest members of the squad, was better in my opinion. A missing midfield general, a la Lampard/Gerrard/Scholes was what we were missing.

For what its worth thought Sterling was one of the better players, its your midfield that i dont rate very much dont think one of them has any mongrel in him and at times you need a midfielder with some of that .Also to answer a question about how many games ive seen in the world cup all off Englands to begin with and may others besides,here in Manila the early game in Russia starts at 10-oopm here the later game at 2-00am and i watched all off Englands. sorry the midfield does not impress me and Southgates negative tactics either .

Aside from the second half against Croatia (which I think was more the occasion getting to our players than deliberate tactics) and maybe the last 20 against Colombia where we foolishly tried to park the bus I don't think Southgate's tactics were that negative. We had the majority of possession in most matches and the only reason people were moaning about Sterling so much is because he had so many opportunities to score, which he wouldn't have got if we were being negative.

Possession football!!
Having more possesion does not mean a lot nowadays.
Germany is in TURMOIL ..again,everybody blaming everybody else.
But the German FA..HAVE..already said to the German public..that they are going to change this POSSESSION football.They dont like-want the old style football like Germany done this WC or Spain ,or imo,like hodgson/Southgate.
They want the ball to be moved quicker foreward(not long balls),but passing quicker and also with speed .Unlike the possesion football which means pass,pass,pass...what shall we do,no idea,just pass again.
What makes me laugh again,is although German football will now be changing again(like they done after Euro 2000?when even England beat them)..in the 3 games Germany played,they had 72 shots at the goal..in 3 games....maybe more than we have done in 2 years...we had 2 efforts on target in 120 minutes v Croatia...poor

Really? I have Pickford, Maguire, Stones, Walker and Henderson all way above him! Even Ashley Young who, at 33, was one of the oldest members of the squad, was better in my opinion. A missing midfield general, a la Lampard/Gerrard/Scholes was what we were missing.

Few have perfected the role of missing midfield general for England better than Gerard.

Southgate may as well get out the B team again. It's an utterly pointless game that i wish FIFA would do away with.

I agree, Lingard wasted a lot of chances. It's between Maguire, Trippier and Henderson for England's player of the tournament in my opinion.

I agree, Lingard wasted a lot of chances. It's between Maguire, Trippier and Henderson for England's player of the tournament in my opinion.

I agree with you , but have to say that Butland and Pope were both faultless too throughout the tournament

Back