• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Southend United v Portsmouth - Checkatrade Trophy

Thats a very attacking side, only slight fear not much defensive cover really in midfield, so we better get on top sharpish

Bit of kick in the teeth for White and Cox who have far more experience and should probably lead the team out... I know Dru is CP's favourite and he's being groomed for a life above and beyond Southend this borders laughable to me.

No Wabo. Disappointed.
Maybe Mr Powell is giving him the opportunity to help him focus on his contribution to the team. Lets face it, he has delivered some 'headless chicken' moments this season at times.

I thought Theo was too, maybe the ban cannot be used for this game but he misses the Plymouth game.

Portsmouth make 10 changes, do they not get fined for that?
The rules aren't that strict anymore, I think so many clubs ignored them the first season that they were forced to be a lot more lenient to avoid the bad press.

You're okay so long as you play at least 4 outfield players that fit at least one of the following criteria:

7.4.1 had started the immediately preceding First Team Fixture;
7.4.2 subsequently starts the immediately following First Team Fixture;
7.4.3 is in the list of ten Players at the Club with the highest number of starting appearances in First Team Fixtures in the same Season;
7.4.4 has made forty or more starting appearances in First Team Fixtures or international equivalents (and not limited to the same Club or Season); or
7.4.5 is on standard loan from a Premier League Club or any EFL Club operating a Category One Academy.

Great to see Ted finally back in action, lets hope he enjoys it and has a great comeback game

The writing is on the wall for Wabo I'm afraid. He was as good as gone the moment he reported for pre-season training in poor shape. Powell wanted him to show him he was hungry for football. Seemed he was just hungry in a Michael Ricketts way.

Back