• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Southend United v Portsmouth - Checkatrade Trophy

Whatever the odd`s Plymouth are they are looking a safe bet for 3 points on Saturday. Don't like betting against the blues, but will take a punt me thinks.

Topped off with a Ladapo winner.

Yearwood the only positive in all that. Our man of the man by a long, long way. Looked like the only one who really, honestly tried. Led by example as the skipper, just a shame no one else fancied stepping up.

Massive blow losing Moore. Just a really, really bad night all round.

Hopefully CP is in there now absolutely bollocking the life out of them because that was appalling. Thank god Theo had the decency to get himself sent off recently so we don’t have to play him Saturday.

That was as pathetic as it gets, couldnt be ar,,d from the start., Maybe thought they would walk it and they did walk. Barely anybody able to control a football, Bunn unusually as bad as Theo, who gave the ball away 4 times on the trot when had plenty of time to lay off a good pass.
Over run in midfield, Kightly useless, ( goodbye ) , No Intensity or tempo, standing around ball watching. Did we manage a single shot on target. Now goodbye Taylor W, good job weve already got new replacements in during this window ( cough , splutter ), Given away cheap free kicks every few minutes.

Money back please Ron and departure tickets I trust are already signed for half that lot?

Did Chris Phillips and the the bloke who does the club official twitter **** off early too. Very little updates from both all night.

Mainly because absolutely nothing happened. Not sure what there was to update, we had about three speculative shots all game.

That was as pathetic as it gets, couldnt be ar,,d from the start., Maybe thought they would walk it and they did walk. Barely anybody able to control a football, Bunn unusually as bad as Theo, who gave the ball away 4 times on the trot when had plenty of time to lay off a good pass.
Over run in midfield, Kightly useless, ( goodbye ) , No Intensity or tempo, standing around ball watching. Did we manage a single shot on target. Now goodbye Taylor W, good job weve already got new replacements in during this window ( cough , splutter ), Given away cheap free kicks every few minutes.

Money back please Ron and departure tickets I trust are already signed for half that lot?

Can hardly afford to get rid of half of them as we'd have a squad of about 8. Another one injured, I just can't believe this season.

Whatever the odd`s Plymouth are they are looking a safe bet for 3 points on Saturday. Don't like betting against the blues, but will take a punt me thinks.

Steady on !!!

If we've lost tonight then surely we'll win next against plymouth.

:Whistling: :Whistling: :Whistling: :Whistling: :Whistling:

WLWLWLWLWLW...

Well that was the first game I had been to in this competition since the ill thought out changes made to it and it will probably be my last unless we make the Area final some time in the future.

It was the manner of the defeat that annoyed me most with almost a complete lack of enthusiasm and fighting spirit we lost far too many 50/50 challenges and very few headers albeit against a tall but youthful Pompey side.

Trying to find a positive I thought Taylor Moore was ok before his unfortunate injury and Dieng who only played the second half showed up well both behind the striker then at centre half after moving back there for the last 30 minutes. Also the scoreboard now fixed. :Winking:

Good news on the scoreboard.

I did wonder how the people who left early knew exactly what minute it was, but now the truth is revealed!

Now we need to get that '0' fixed against our name!

Didn't enjoy last night at all. We didn't have a midfield Kightly and Hyam might as well have stayed in the dressing room. I am sorry but I still don't think Ted should have played. Thought a fairly lame attempt to keep the 1st goal out, although he couldn't do anything about the 2nd.

The only plus for me was Dru, who slowly seems to be finding last season"s form.

Back