• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Official Match Thread Southend United v Portsmouth - Checkatrade Trophy

The night just gets worse with Moore limping off. The only positive I can see so far is that Theo is banned for the next game.

Stands to reason what with us getting Lennon back, have to another going out.

That bell is bloody annoying. At matches you can ignore it but difficult when listening on the radio. On a positive side, working late so have only heard 5 mins

I've gone for a near complete young side that isn't even possible with the team selection rules.

Point being, let's see some rotation. I'm not too fussed about this game. With our injuries currently and the lack of options I see it as one less opportunity for players to be rested. Playing in to that, more chance they could get injured too.

I don't usually quote things I've said I'm that much of a ****. But it's not often I'm right... Must have jinxed it.

The thing that's irritating is that this was perfect for trying the younger guys who have played together in the U23's this season and rested key players for the upcoming league matches.

The thing that's irritating is that this was perfect for trying the younger guys who have played together in the U23's this season and rested key players for the upcoming league matches.

People would then moan he isn't playing first teamers.

I wouldn't though.

We could still play 7 first teamers.

Would playing Hutchinson, Wabo, Ba and Klass really have been such a hardship.

That bell is bloody annoying.

Probably the only noise to be heard in the ground?.
By all reports a totally depressing display so far, & still a week to go before the credit card bills drop through the letterbox.
Anything less than a positive display & result against 22nd placed Plymouth on Sat, will have me calling Samaritans, I fear.

Back