• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

England vs Cameroon WWC Round of 16.

1-0 come on England. Cameroon are quite keen to kick any English player near them, should be interesting to see whether they all stay on the pitch.

Cameroon are riled after the VAR. They'll be lucky to have 9 on the pitch come the final whistle, let alone 11.

Well, it's eventful that's for sure!

Surprised at the referee's failure to restart the game after the VAR decision though. I get why the Cameroon players are upset, but that's football and it's ultimately a correct decision. As it's an England restart, why the referee is enabling the poor-sportsmanship and not allowing play to restart is beyond me. It's not the referee's job to make sure the Cameroon players are in place and behaving professionally to allow the game to continue.

The slowness of the VAR is non sensical, poor game.
Looks like they completely bottled the last one too! On what planet where they play football is that not a penalty?

As the commentator said: “for the sake of diplomacy...” but I don’t remember seeing that in any of the laws, new or otherwise.

My favourite part of this game so far, is Gabby Logan reporting at HT, that the Cameroonians were standing in the tunnel, crying, and accusing FIFA of Racism :ROFL:

Interesting insight into human psychology this game. Cameroon will walk off genuinely thinking they’re hard done by, and yet what a horrible display they’ve put in there. Disgusting behaviour at times and, even while VAR went against them, there was a huge amount they got away with too.

So well captured at the end by Neville. “We know the rules, deal with it. “

Looks like they completely bottled the last one too! On what planet where they play football is that not a penalty?

As the commentator said: “for the sake of diplomacy...” but I don’t remember seeing that in any of the laws, new or otherwise.

What a joke. To let them off a penalty and a cert sending off because they threw a strop, and may have thrown another one. Rules are rules. Now teams know they can play up and get biased decisions in their favour if they act up, throw a strop, and complain a lot.

Bad evening for football, Cameroon must be punished for inexcusable behaviour. Shocking. No mention of the assault on the ref either.

The psychological side of the majority French crowd reveals a well known truth in that they are, like too many Scots, with cheering "anyone but the English".

The Cameroon manager has unbelievably claimed that the match was a miscarriage of justice.

The Cameroon manager has unbelievably claimed that the match was a miscarriage of justice.

He's right. They should have had two straight reds, one for the elbow to the face first half, and one for the horror ankle tackle second half. Also, the ref let them off a penalty after VAR. All other VAR was right.

Back