• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

England vs Cameroon WWC Round of 16.

Cameroon were a disgrace. Unprofessional, uncivilised behaviour which FIFA should punish them for. You can't argue with VAR. Referee was far too lenient on them.

You have to say it was a bad advert for the women's game, shows that some countries still have a long way to go in their development.

The match had a peak audience of 6.9 million.

I "love" these old dinosaurs sticking their heads out and criticising the women's game only to be shot down with facts. I'm really looking forward to the Norway game, should be a proper test unlike those so far.

This was the first match I have seen. It's very like Southend - some flashes of brilliance followed by comical **** ups

Cameroon were a disgrace. Unprofessional, uncivilised behaviour which FIFA should punish them for. You can't argue with VAR. Referee was far too lenient on them.

You have to say it was a bad advert for the women's game, shows that some countries still have a long way to go in their development.
Or just proves even Cameroon has it's fair share of snowflakes just very bad losers shame.

Come on you English Lionesses. Am I the only one watching?

I've watched a lot of the women's world Cup and all of Lionesses games. I'll be watching v Norway later in the week. I enjoy women's football, totally different to men's football and not in a bad way.

I quite often watch Southend United ladies when they are playing at home

What a joke. To let them off a penalty and a cert sending off because they threw a strop, and may have thrown another one. Rules are rules. Now teams know they can play up and get biased decisions in their favour if they act up, throw a strop, and complain a lot.

Football often reflects life its self

I've watched a lot of the women's world Cup and all of Lionesses games. I'll be watching v Norway later in the week. I enjoy women's football, totally different to men's football and not in a bad way.

I quite often watch Southend United ladies when they are playing at home

Yeah, but they're still not swapping shirts at the end of a game. How can we take them seriously?
Seriously tho, the womens game used to be so poor. 5 passes was good. Now they can pass into double figures easily. Also, more players are able to twist, turn or dribble, usually into the penalty area, resulting in a few penalty's. The women's game used to frustrate me, and I would even turn it off, as both teams couldn't keep the ball. Now the standard is so much better. More entertaining games. This World cup has been brilliant so far.

Yeah, but they're still not swapping shirts at the end of a game. How can we take them seriously?
Seriously tho, the womens game used to be so poor. 5 passes was good. Now they can pass into double figures easily. Also, more players are able to twist, turn or dribble, usually into the penalty area, resulting in a few penalty's. The women's game used to frustrate me, and I would even turn it off, as both teams couldn't keep the ball. Now the standard is so much better. More entertaining games. This World cup has been brilliant so far.

It is good but VAR is ruining it.

Apart from some of the Africans teams, women's football hasn't hit the heights of the cynical foul or cheating yet which, for me, makes it more interesting to watch. I do have trouble determining if some of those African nations players are women too.

As for passing the ball, the top teams like USA, Germany, France and England really do pass the ball well. Some of England movement and one touch attacking football is a joy to watch. Puts the England mens football to shame at times

Last edited:
Never said it was, I didn't feel like this in the mens WC however, the implentation of it in the WWC seems overly harsh.
I agree they are scrutinising everything, especially the keeper being an inch off the line when the penalty is taken. Bit of overkill

I agree they are scrutinising everything, especially the keeper being an inch off the line when the penalty is taken. Bit of overkill
I haven't paid much attention to the personnel doing the VAR stuff, are they all women, or is it a mixed team?

Back