• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New Kit thread 2019/20

Just thinking out loud, I think a charity sponsor in the form of what we have had is better than no sponsor? Don't want to be contrary for the sake of it but it's not like we had a garish grim corporation who used us as our commercial puppets before (now) did we?
There is a sponsor, it's Paddy Power. They are specifically paying us to not have a sponsor on the front so that they can use us for their 'save our shirt' campaign, they wouldn't be paying us if we stuck a charity on the front.

Look on the bright side, at least the little letters can only fall off and the main sponsor logo can't crack and go **** any more

If it was £20 then fair dos. But £45 is an insult.

I have no hope for the away now, surprise me Southend!

There is a sponsor, it's Paddy Power. They are specifically paying us to not have a sponsor on the front so that they can use us for their 'save our shirt' campaign, they wouldn't be paying us if we stuck a charity on the front.
I am not thinking in the financial sense I mean in terms of physical appearance. I am guessing the logic Paddy Power is peddling is that shirts look better without sponsors, in this instance it shows the shirt up to be lacking in much creative flair and, I think, an onshirt sponsor like we had last year might actually have improved this.
Interesting to see that Paddy Power aren't doing side of pitch hoardings, interview backdrops too, as well as leaving the shirts blank.

I like the back but that's all I like. Happy they haven't got a sponsor but it's just so boring. Got all the space in the front and done nothing with it. Very uninspired

the ones moaning are the ones who don't have taste and think custard splat kits are tasteful:Snore:i noticed i like it congratulations for not having a sponsor i am surprised extremely :Clap:

Thought you said it was confirmed there would be a sponsor.

Was going to buy 3 for our holiday, not going to spend a penny on that sh*t

Does Martin read this forum, it's the same feedback year in year out

Is he being stubborn or something and refusing to change, this ground hog process is saving me £ each year and I know others feel the same, perhaps shirt £ is not important to him!!

I like the back but that's all I like. Happy they haven't got a sponsor but it's just so boring. Got all the space in the front and done nothing with it. Very uninspired
I wonder if Paddy Power told us not to put anything there, with the 'custom element' the club kept going on about sticking it front and center on the shirt surely would have been ideal.

It’s very underwhelming. It’s a training kit. And the fan is being charged £45 for a £15 top with a badge seen on.

When I think of all the things they could have done with that kit. Portsmouth’s is the same design but it looks infinitely better.

Back