• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New Kit thread 2019/20

Can you say if you like the new away shirt?

Not a favourite by any stretch and looks like I'll be keeping my money in my purse again this season and sticking with my Amy May sponsored top.

Gutted I didn't buy one of the light blue ones last year now really.

Not a favourite by any stretch and looks like I'll be keeping my money in my purse again this season and sticking with my Amy May sponsored top.

Guessing it's similar to the home then.

So you're saying that because we're having light blue again this season?!? It's ok, I won't tell anyone ?

I do. The photo shoot happened this morning, and delayed John White and Simon Cox from turning up for the signings at MTBD this morning. I only know because I happened to catch sight of the photographer showing the photos to a member of staff right in front of me. Everyone has been sworn to secrecy though so I will honour that.
Fits in with what I was told also that it would be released today not to buy but to see?

@OldBlueLady Kay, any idea why the club won’t give us a voting option for the new kits, like they did a few years back?

Because ultimately they don't care what a small percentage of the supporters think and people will buy whatever they stick out anyway in blind loyalty?

Can`t see what all the fuss is about really (apart from the betting aspect) - but as I don`t buy replica shirts I suppose it is not really aimed at me

I won’t be buying the new home shirt, don’t like it at all, I’ll wait for the away shirt and see if I like that, if I don’t I’ll wear my che Wilson no 3 shirt from the charity game v colchester:Thumbs up:

I do. The photo shoot happened this morning, and delayed John White and Simon Cox from turning up for the signings at MTBD this morning. I only know because I happened to catch sight of the photographer showing the photos to a member of staff right in front of me. Everyone has been sworn to secrecy though so I will honour that.

I wonder if this is an elaborate cover story and the real kit is actually really smart.

Because ultimately they don't care what a small percentage of the supporters think and people will buy whatever they stick out anyway in blind loyalty?

Why did they previously allow us a choice then?

I get what you’re saying, and you’re probably right. But ultimately, this isn’t a multimillion dollar conglomerate, who can afford to act that blasé

Logically, letting the fans choose, wouldn’t cost anything & would allow us to feel more connected with the club - as it did previously.

It’s not as if we’re talking about designing a new kit from scratch. Let’s face it, All SUFC do now, is select a few kits from the Nike catalogue during a liquid lunch, then spin a bottle to see which one we’ll be playing in.

As for it only being a small percentage, only time & sales will tell you that. I’ll have a punt and say that this shirt won’t sell anywhere near as many as they’d have hoped.

Why did they previously allow us a choice then?

I get what you’re saying, and you’re probably right. But ultimately, this isn’t a multimillion dollar conglomerate, who can afford to act that blasé

Logically, letting the fans choose, wouldn’t cost anything & would allow us to feel more connected with the club - as it did previously.

It’s not as if we’re talking about designing a new kit from scratch. Let’s face it, All SUFC do now, is select a few kits from the Nike catalogue during a liquid lunch, then spin a bottle to see which one we’ll be playing in.

As for it only being a small percentage, only time & sales will tell you that. I’ll have a punt and say that this shirt won’t sell anywhere near as many as they’d have hoped.

Probably not, but remember we're no longer supporting a very worthwhile charity we've jumped into bed with the kings of mass gambling bantz.

Las season was the first time in years that I have bought a home shirt, and I did that primarily because of the Sponsor. As is often the case she trunked in 'well if you're having one then so am I' and she had the away shirt because she really liked the colour! So the grand total of shirts in my wardrobe is that one and the voltage cherry one :Sick:which was bought for my 60th birthday. Otherwise I have always plumped for the club polo shirts, and I have quite a few of them. My favourite is the 100 years united one, but this is starting to show it's age. My point in all of this waffle is that we all have favourites and they are the ones we tend to wear the most. So I won't buy this year's shirt, not because I like or dislike it, but because I haven't had my money's worth out of last seasons yet. A bit like buses, there will be another one along next year and we can have fun sharing our views again.

Certainly won’t be buying this years home shirt, although I can get onboard with the sponsorless shirt idea (though I wished anybody other than paddy power were the ones behind the idea) I just don’t like the design of the shirt. I’d imagine it’ll be the same for the away kit as well.

I think I’ll stick to wearing shirts from years gone by.. which means having to lose a lot of weight first but that’s still a better option than spending £90 on two shirts that look like training tops.

I bought last years because of the sponsor but also the away was beautiful.

Back