• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer Transfer Window Thread 2019

I think that's a couple of solid signings. Kiernan, Shaughnessey, Ridgewell and Lennon as centre back options is pretty decent. Hopefully, shore up the defence considerably.

Chuffed with all the signings so far. With Ridgewell now signed up i'd hope if there is another it isn't Blackman and another winger. That would give us good cover with Macca, barrett coming back Hutchinson and another. Good recruitment from 007.

I think it’s been a disappointing window for us on here as during the (not so) long summer break we like the rumours etc to give us our sufc fix however Kevin Bond clearly doesn’t want to alert other competing clubs to our interest and Ron possibly counting the pennies on timings. When you step back I think most would agree that the signings have been of (or surpassed) the calibre we would have expected, rumours are of more and this year the window has a while to run after the Championship closes. I think we might look back on this as being amongst the better windows.

It's great that we've got Shaughnessy and Ridgewell in, both decent signings, our defensive options look really good now. We also look good up front, when all fit. However, I'm still concerned at the lack of attacking width in our squad, and we don't have any real creativity in midfield. Still need to add more.

I think the signings have definitely been worth the wait, the silence and 137 pages of absolute rubbish :Winking:

Nothing specifically aimed at this post, but reading it I can't help longing for a return to the days when all we had to do was turn up, support the team on match days and disappear again, only resurfacing the next time the team played. Impossible in the current world, I know.

But seriously, sometimes, just who on earth do we think we are? What right do we have to say whether the club should do this/that, we're concerned about the lack of (insert problem area here)? They've done this wrong, they've done that wrong, they should do this, they should do that. It's all so bloomin' complicated. Just win the sodding games and we'll be happy. That's all we need to worry about.

Maybe it's my age...

Your bang on fbm. The more moaning away from RH the less likely you are to be in the right mood on Saturday.

The opening day v Blackburn a couple of years ago was fantastic....Blue Voice signing before KO etc....They ended up 2 down before they realised the season had started.

The Sunderland game the crowd were great from start to finish......I find its far more fun when you are the 12th man for Southend rather than the opposition.

Last edited:
Hats off to Bond. He’s made five cracking signings there. Very impressed and definitely more optimistic going into this season than I was the last.

Hats off to Bond. He’s made five cracking signings there. Very impressed and definitely more optimistic going into this season than I was the last.
He looks to have done well, yes. The strategy is different from what we've seen before and its been refreshing. Most summers it seems L1 clubs tend to start out with similar targets and we tend to lose out on our first choice to the bigger fish. The Scottish connections are intriguing and it's not even as if he has signed Scottish players who might not settle; all the signings wanted to return or play in England. They all appear to have something to prove too.

What I like most is that he’s signed LEADERS - certainly in the case of Milligan, Shaughnessy and Ridgewell. That experience and guidance on the pitch will be so, so important and is something we lacked massively last season. Optimistic we’ll do well, especially with the likes of Hopper and Cox still to return....

If we can get Olly Lee in on loan before the window closes then even better - that would be a seriously impressive transfer window from Bond and would make a nice change given the disappointing signings we’d become accustomed to under Brown and Powell.

If we can get Olly Lee in on loan before the window closes then even better - that would be a seriously impressive transfer window from Bond and would make a nice change given the disappointing signings we’d become accustomed to under Brown and Powell.

Apart from the club repeatedly point blank denying that Olly lee is of any interest (which I know doesnt mean it’s a definite no go), have you seen him play? What does he offer that Mantom, Milligan or Dru don’t?

Apart from the club repeatedly point blank denying that Olly lee is of any interest (which I know doesnt mean it’s a definite no go), have you seen him play? What does he offer that Mantom, Milligan or Dru don’t?

He is a much more attack minded player than those being mentioned. Will look to get a good few assists and score some goals.

Has a decent amount of skill and is a good on the eye player.

Would be a good addition and different from what we have now.

He is a much more attack minded player than those being mentioned. Will look to get a good few assists and score some goals.

Has a decent amount of skill and is a good on the eye player.

Would be a good addition and different from what we have now.

He averages a goal every 10 games......16 of his 24 career goals were in league 2

I’ve seen Olly Lee play numerous times. What does he offer? Creativity for one, plenty of assists. That alone sets him apart from the rest of our midfield. A creative midfielder would complement the other two (presumably) in the middle - Milligan looks an exceptional signing and hopefully Dru will have a much better season but we need some creative flair alongside them. Mantom is a decent squad player but for me nothing more than that.

Back