• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Gary Waddock

So, with tonight set to be Gary Waddock’s last game in charge at the Hall, what are everyone’s thoughts? Nice guy who’s done his best under difficult circumstances ..or an extension of the Bond regime who should’ve gone at the same time?
I’m mixed on this. I do think the man has held his dignity and has been more professional than many would’ve been. I like the fact he made a few brave decisions, starting Hopper and benching Lennon/Kiernan last Friday for example (probably a few games too late for the latter but hey).
I’ll give him a round of applause but will not be too sad to see him go as it’s been awful football at times. Hopefully the team will put in one last shift for him and send him off with a win. All the best, GW.

In and amongst the shambles of the last 4/5 weeks the bloke has been incredibly professional and posted our first 5 points on the board, unlucky not to have another two on there.

In and amongst the shambles of the last 4/5 weeks the bloke has been incredibly professional and posted our first 5 points on the board, unlucky not to have another two on there.

And lets not forget round two of Carabao cup, he's a legend for that alone

Complete opposite of Bond.
Total respect for Waddock. Professional to the end in every way. Pre and post match intevriews were full of honesty. Made some bold decisions, some paid off some didn't but he had the balls to make them. Milligan at CB could be a master stroke. Getting Hopper back in as soon as was a great decision. His respect for the travelling fans in the league against MK Dons was brilliant. Also getting rid of Blackman gets a big tick in my book

Overall I'd happily keep him on as manager if Sol feel through. I think he has passion and drive. How the hell he's still motivated as he seems is beyond me

Last edited:
Complete opposite of Bond.
Total respect for Waddock. Professional to the end in every way. Pre and post match intevriews were full of honesty. Made some bold decisions, some paid off some didn't but he had the balls to make them. Milligan at CB could be a master stroke. Getting Hopper back in as soon as was a great decision. His respect for the travelling fans in the 2rd round of the Carabou was brilliant. Also getting rid of Blackman gets a big tick in my book

Overall I'd happily keep him on as manager if Sol feel through. I think he has passion and drive. How the hell he's still motivated as he seems is beyond me

He's played most of his career at centre back including the last world cup for Australia. The fact we made a big deal of the fact that we were signing him as a centre midfielder makes me think that Bond made him a silly promise that we would play him at centre mid, I think most managers would see him as a centre back

Same here, what did he do? thought we got thumped 4-1

I was actually thinking of the league up at MK Dons where we won 1-0.
Waddock came into the pitch, walked right across to the Blues fans and after hugging every player, made a big thing of applauding the fans and showing his gratitude for the support

I was actually thinking of the league up at MK Dons where we won 1-0.
Waddock came into the pitch, walked right across to the Blues fans and after hugging every player, made a big thing of applauding the fans and showing his gratitude for the support

Ah that makes more sense! :Thumbs up:

It wasn't that hard to look good after Bond though was it? Just talk some common sense and play players in their natural position which is what he has done and performances have improved. What we need now is someone to sort the defence which he couldn't do ultimately and perhaps they are incapable of being sorted.

It wasn't that hard to look good after Bond though was it? Just talk some common sense and play players in their natural position which is what he has done and performances have improved. What we need now is someone to sort the defence which he couldn't do ultimately and perhaps they are incapable of being sorted.

Barring a very dodgy penalty decision against Tranmere, we looked solid at the back. Restricted Tranmere to one shot on target and that was the penalty

Back